Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

"Detroit's Wheels" on WDTW-HD3

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 14803

Re: "Detroit's Wheels" on WDTW-HD3

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:39 pm

HD Radio the AM stereo of the 21st Century! Nobody wants it and nobody cares.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:45 pm

Well, someone decided he doesn’t like it, so we should stop talking about it guys...

Weird the station locks in just fine near my home in Livonia, but won’t lock in near work in Warren. Is 106.7 weaker out that way?

Deleted User 3751

Post by Deleted User 3751 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:57 pm

Their analog signal shouldn't be weaker in Warren, it is still in line of sight from the Cadillac building in downtown Detroit, they are non directional at 61,000 watts at 508 Feet. The digital signal doesn't get out as far as the analog due to the power of the digital transmitter that streams on the analog carrier. I don't know why the signal doesn't lock in around Warren. I can carry the digital signal out to US-23 and start to lose the HD around Hartland. Otherwise, I can easily carry the analog signal into Flint.

Steve79

Post by Steve79 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:10 pm

For the life of me I CANNOT get 106.7 to lock on HD3! I get HD1 and 2 just fine, but HD3 keeps dropping! I cant figure out why!

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:17 pm

HD radio was only created by the big broadcasters in the 90’s just before satellite radio came out because CBS and Iheart (Clear Channel at the time)and other companies we’re concerned they would lose listeners to the new satellite technology so the big broadcasters created a market that we did not need and nobody wanted that’s why it has always been a dead technology walking all it did is create more interference on both AM and FM .Not only that now we have translators to add to the already crowded FM band to even cause more interference so that the big guys can rebroadcast their HD 2 and 3 stations .That why I love HD Radio you know the broadcasters today really don’t care about it either it’s just There we’ll just plug in a MP3 player and let it play some type of format and close the door to the room where all the HD 2 equipment is and check on when we hear dead air or when we decided to get to it which in some cases could be days.

Deleted User 3751

Post by Deleted User 3751 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:10 pm

One thing I like about HD on AM is that I can listen to WWJ in HD on US-23 north of Bay City up to Oscoda and it sounds like I'm in the Detroit area. The HD drops out from time to time but the analog is listenable up that way also. Around town I don't spend that much time in my vehicle when I do listen to radio, the rotation of music on 106.7 HD 2 and 3 hasn't been repetitive so far. I'll have to give it more time to make a good evaluation of the music.

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:42 pm

The only thing I do like about HD on AM is the stereo factor it does sound good but it’s on news and talk stations it would be cool to have a station like CKWW in HD just to hear how good it could sound but the industry just passed up that opportunity I’m sure that some AM HD stations in other places might use that to their advantage who knows?The fact that AM stations can carry great distances would in my opinion be a no brainer for AM HD but it’s a To little to late scenario.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:52 pm

Big Signal wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:57 pm
Their analog signal shouldn't be weaker in Warren, it is still in line of sight from the Cadillac building in downtown Detroit, they are non directional at 61,000 watts at 508 Feet. The digital signal doesn't get out as far as the analog due to the power of the digital transmitter that streams on the analog carrier. I don't know why the signal doesn't lock in around Warren. I can carry the digital signal out to US-23 and start to lose the HD around Hartland. Otherwise, I can easily carry the analog signal into Flint.
If you ever find yourself on 23 in Brighton (Lee Rd exit 58), stop on by. I make a killer ribeye dinner.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic