Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

You only have yourself to blame if...

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:30 pm

You have a stressful day at work, you turn on Mike Valenti on the car radio, and you end up even more stressed and also angry.

You watch The Nine on Fox 2 for more than five minutes and your brain turns to mush.

You expect Amy Andrews' song of the day to be something other than "old school" hip hop.

You turn on Ron Cameron and expect the production values of 97.1.

You turn on 97.1 and expect the sports content of Ron Cameron.

You do everything that Deena Centofanti tells you to do and end up as the healthiest neurotic in town.

You turn on a Detroit Lions broadcast and have any expectation that they'll win.

You let your mind wander during a rambling TV or radio weather report and miss the one piece of information that you wanted.

Any more?

Deleted User 3751

Re: You only have yourself to blame if...

Post by Deleted User 3751 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:34 am

you watch local NEWS and complain about it. (I'm so glad I haven't watched it in years)

IIN4MU

Post by IIN4MU » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:42 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:39 am
Bobbert wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:30 pm
You have a stressful day at work, you turn on Mike Valenti on the car radio, and you end up even more stressed and also angry.

You watch The Nine on Fox 2 for more than five minutes and your brain turns to mush.

You expect Amy Andrews' song of the day to be something other than "old school" hip hop.

You turn on Ron Cameron and expect the production values of 97.1.

You turn on 97.1 and expect the sports content of Ron Cameron.

You do everything that Deena Centofanti tells you to do and end up as the healthiest neurotic in town.

You turn on a Detroit Lions broadcast and have any expectation that they'll win.

You let your mind wander during a rambling TV or radio weather report and miss the one piece of information that you wanted.

Any more?
You expect Jay Towers to get through playing the first Chtistmas song of the season without incident, but watch him fumble around the board like he’s three years old trying to fly a plane.
I will NEVER understand Jay's appeal or longevity in this market. He must have incriminating photos of many broadcast management types to last longer than a cockroach.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:40 pm

IIN4MU wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:42 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:39 am
Bobbert wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:30 pm
You expect Jay Towers to get through playing the first Christmas song of the season without incident, but watch him fumble around the board like he’s three years old trying to fly a plane.
I will NEVER understand Jay's appeal or longevity in this market. He must have incriminating photos of many broadcast management types to last longer than a cockroach.

You expect Jay Towers to say something that hasn't been thoroughly market tested to appeal to the most slavishly trendy members of his audience.

You expect Jay Towers to move beyond his hair gel phase before the age of 60.

You listen to WNIC's Christmas music and expect songs from such great pop albums as BeBe & CeCe Winans' First Christmas, Neil Diamond's The Christmas Album, or Peggy Lee's Christmas Carousel.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:01 pm

Who the hell is Ron Cameron???

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:57 am

JackAttack FM wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:01 pm
Who the hell is Ron Cameron???
A sports talk show host who's been on and off the air for about 40 years in the Detroit area. He has an independent and unpredictable style that draws a lot of strong reactions. I like him but I admit he's an acquired taste.

He also has this compulsive need to open restaurants that usually last less than a year, if they ever open at all.

Podcast link: https://patriotdetroit.com/podcast/details/6546

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:07 am

I love the Patriot 1400 I hear that Salem is possibly looking into eventually seeking a full power Fm station in Detroit in the future they could do a talk format.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic