Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Radio Station t shirts

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 14803

Radio Station t shirts

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:48 pm

Today not to many stations give or sell t shirts out for promos ,just curious how many of you radio people still have shirts from radio stations mainly from years ago ,I have over 70 shirts from 1970 - Today like the WABX pup to WLLZ which you can still get today brand new,So do a lot of you still have yours?

TC Talks

Re: Radio Station t shirts

Post by TC Talks » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:08 pm

I worked with like 60 radio groups with 3 - 5 stations. I have a few cool quilt things my mom made me. My favorites are WCSX from 87 (my first gig) and WBFH from 85.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MisterGoodrich2U

Post by MisterGoodrich2U » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:03 pm

The Biff! I worked there while I was in college. Pete Bowers is the best! :D

windsor

Post by windsor » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:53 pm

Cool topic.....Yes Ive kept most of mine that didnt get destroyed in some way......
Still have.....Black 99WABX t shirt on back says"Detroit's original rocknroll station"
WRIF jersey blue sleeves colors WRIF oval logo...on back "the home of rocknroll
WRIF black DREAD t shirt
WLLZ long sleeve shirt wheelz logo on front says"Detroits Wheelz" on sleeves.
Z Rock t shirt and black sweat shirt and t shirt with Z Rock logo and lightning bolts all over shirt.
106.7 the Drive t shirt "Shut up and Rock"
Got most of my radio swag at auto rama at Cobo.....used to go every year all the rock stations had booth's set up.

used to have..WABX X pup jersey black sleeves...X pup in a circle...wore all of high school in 70's
Yellow 89WLS Chicago t shirt said summer of 1977......sent WLS 2 american dollars and asked for one and they were nice enough to send it to me with a couple of WLS stickers and my 2 bucks back.

Back then radio stations loved to hear from you and appreciated you listening.WLLZ even sent me a Christmas card one year.

When was the last time you saw a vehicle wth a radio station sticker on it??? Back in the day here in Windsor tons of cars and vans had there fav station on their bumpers mostly Detroit rock radio.It was a sense of pride..........how far we've fallen.

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:02 pm

You can get the ABX pup shirts at Detroit Shirt Company online also Zazzle online and Cafepress online and a store called The Road Show on Gratiot just South of 12 Mile in Roseville also the WRIF website sells shirts.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic