Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ratings

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 10525

Ratings

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:20 pm

WCSX is on top. WWJ 2nd. Nothing much to write home about. Damp,Gnash, and Fault are about the Same, Fault will never get about a 2 share I predict.

RingtailedFox

Re: Ratings

Post by RingtailedFox » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:05 pm

I don't think the 106.7 frequency is cursed here.... well... it's only cursed with incompetent owners. W4 Country was successful for a LONG time... but as one of the other members here said: it withered on the vine and once WYCD launched in 1993, the two country station owners basically fought a battle of "who cares about Detroit the least".. and ever since, 106.7's been a revolving door of formats that rarely lasted more than 2 years. It's a shame, too.. I loved Alice 106.7.. the Drive was okay.... The Beat was probably the most-successful format since W4 Country was canned... but The D was great too... i loved it way more than anything else. It was like someone was streaming my Winamp playlist to the world! :P

Why.... WHY do the owners of 106.7 hate the station? they keep breaking what's working and not fixing what IS broken...

I'm fairly surprised to see WYCD's fall from grace. It ruled the roost for quite a while too... how's WOMC doing, ratings-wise?

~ The Legendary Raccoon-Fox has spoken!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:27 pm

RingtailedFox wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:05 pm
I don't think the 106.7 frequency is cursed here.... well... it's only cursed with incompetent owners. W4 Country was successful for a LONG time... but as one of the other members here said: it withered on the vine and once WYCD launched in 1993, the two country station owners basically fought a battle of "who cares about Detroit the least".. and ever since, 106.7's been a revolving door of formats that rarely lasted more than 2 years. It's a shame, too.. I loved Alice 106.7.. the Drive was okay.... The Beat was probably the most-successful format since W4 Country was canned... but The D was great too... i loved it way more than anything else. It was like someone was streaming my Winamp playlist to the world! :P

Why.... WHY do the owners of 106.7 hate the station? they keep breaking what's working and not fixing what IS broken...

I'm fairly surprised to see WYCD's fall from grace. It ruled the roost for quite a while too... how's WOMC doing, ratings-wise?
Top 6:
WCSX 7.3
WWJ 7.1
WOMC 6.9
WNIC 6.2
WMXD 5.8
WXYT 5.8

windsor

Post by windsor » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:01 pm

Its too bad the most interesting listen and heaviest station on the dial right now, 89X isnt in the book.I think that decision was a bit premature on Bell Media's part and quite dumb.It would be nice to see where that format would fit in.

If Gnash is still one of the cellar dwellers seeing the classic rock/hits format in the top 3 of 2 stations I sure would want a piece of that pie and a station positioned from the Beatles debut year 1964 to 1979 music wise is hole on the dial imo.Some great music there that doesnt get any airplay on the Detroit dial.

just a side note......I believe the Doc of Rock's station on Live365.com was called "The Cavern"......hello Doug and 93.1????

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

That_Canadian_Guy

Post by That_Canadian_Guy » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:11 pm

Agreed Windsor. Music wise, 89X is sounding better than it ever has. I would love to see what kind of numbers they are pulling in Detroit.

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:57 am

If they put 89x and The River 93.9 in the book then let’s put Cool FM 95.1 100.7 and also Country 95.9 and Mix96.7 and all the other Windsor Market station Let’s see how they rate.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:06 am

I am sick hearing rehashed bits from the morning show at weird hours of the day on 89X. When I tune in during the evening, I want MUSIC...period.

I was also going to bitch about how the station still has a bad habit of burning some currents unworthy of extended heavy airplay into the ground and needs to open up its catalog a little more when scheduling airplay, but within the last day or two, it appears the station has freshened up its music rotations noticeably.

From today and last night, I'm seeing lots of good songs on the airplay log that I've heard infrequently or not at all on 89X in quite a while.

I hope they keep up the good work!

I think both WRIF and 89X sound quite good musically.

I do wish 89X would air its two hour acoustic music show on Sunday a little earlier in the day. I don't want to hear that shit at 12:30 in the afternoon. That show should run from 9a - 11a or from 10a to Noon.

I will also say Like a Storm, In this Moment and Monster Truck all SUCK. Wish 89X would drop all music from those three P.O.S. bands. I also don't want to hear "Novacaine" by 10 Years for at least...well, ten years! :hat

windsor

Post by windsor » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:23 am

RadioKev wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:57 am
If they put 89x and The River 93.9 in the book then let’s put Cool FM 95.1 100.7 and also Country 95.9 and Mix96.7 and all the other Windsor Market station Let’s see how they rate.
Someone correct me if Im off on this one....but I think you have to subscribe to the Arbitron ratings which means pay to have your station measured and appear in the ratings book.Bell Media has unsubscribed I beleive thats why 89X and 93.9 the River do not appear anymore.

The Blackburn stations you mention only want to be Windsor/Essex stations so they dont care how they fare in the D.

But I would love to see the real BBM ratings for Windsor/Essex and see how all the Windsor/Detroit stations rate here by Windsor listeners.Blackburn and Bell wouldnt want you to see that though.It would show that listeners here could care less about Can Con and avoid it easily by tuning in Det stations like they always have since the advent of Canadian Content laws back in the 70's. :barf

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:31 pm

You are correct; only the AQH share for paying subscribers is published publicly.

Of course, paying customers of Nielsen Audio (f/k/a Arbitron) are able to see the results for subscribing and non-subscribing stations alike!

100.7, 95.9 and 96.7 all used to appear in the old Arbitron ratings years ago. 96.7 & 95.9 generally each commanded about a 0.5 or 0.6 share in the Detroit market, with 100.7 usually doing more poorly than that. Bear in mind this was LONG before the AM 1340 translator ever came into existence at 96.7 MHz.

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:50 pm

Hard to believe that Radio One’s 99.9,98.3and 93.5 translators have a 1.7 and ALT 106.7 only has a 1.5,time to sell 106.7 to EMF for Air 1.

Silvio Dante

Post by Silvio Dante » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:29 am

Actually, paying subscribers now can not see the ratings for 89X and the River, the stations have apparantly turned off their encoders or Neilsen has blocked their numbers from appearing.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:43 am

Good point; I failed to consider the technology on their side of things!

Canadian ratings are measured by a totally different company than Nielsen, I believe.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic