Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

McAllister out at 97.1

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
helios987

McAllister out at 97.1

Post by helios987 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:42 pm

Well it's about time. It's a sports station so lets get back to talking sports.
No more of the "what's your favorite color" segments.
When I go to work on Monday, I wanna hear about how much the lions sucked first thing. Now it's a step in the right direction.

rizzman87

Re: McAllister out at 97.1

Post by rizzman87 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:48 pm

It's about damn time. Maybe now I'll give that station a chance again. I personally know people who say bill is a tool in person so I don't have that much sympathy for him.

deadend

Post by deadend » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:56 pm

Oh, happy day!!! I usually don't want to hear about someone losing their job, but I'm SO GLAD he's gone. From all accounts he's a jerk in person and he sucked on air. His attitude was apparent.
Here's to more sports talk in the A.M. and no more condescending jerk off bill Mcallister reading buzzfeed news stories!

FAN

Post by FAN » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:01 pm

About time. Hate to see anyone out of work but it was universal opinion that he just did not fit and I'm surprised he lasted this long. Rubbed people the wrong way with the arrogance and constantly demeaned callers and texters. He really hijacked that show from Stoney and I think that backfired on him. Stoney could hardly get in a word without Bill judging his every thought. Bill's bit is making fun of people and it's not compelling to listen to. As I said, the fact he made it this long is a miracle.

And how fitting- the last remnant of Henson is canned right after Henson makes his return.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:42 pm

I agree with deadend and FAN completely.

I cannot stand Bill. He's an insufferable douche bag and made mornings unlistenable. I loved how management would yank him off the air the day following a big local sports story with no announcement as to his whereabouts. LOL. Even Jimmy Powers realized the douche was a burden.

I would've preferred a Stoney - Wojo reunion for sure, but I'll definitely listen to the new show periodically.

Funny. 105.1 dumps Sports yet 97.1 still makes this change. Glad they did! Wish this would've happened years ago. Bill should've been fired the instant Jay left for NIC.

Smirnoff

Post by Smirnoff » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:43 pm

Hip-Hip-Hooray..... :blink :lol 8o :D :) 8) :lol: :P

SoupySez

Post by SoupySez » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:54 pm

Stoney's new partner will be………. Jamie Samuelson. Beginning Sept. 6th.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/2016/ ... /89672340/

radiofan

Post by radiofan » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:12 pm

Wow! I might have to give 97.1 a listen before 10 am. Bill would never let a sports topic last more than a minute before he would change the subject. I gave up on that time slot years ago.

FAN

Post by FAN » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:16 pm

Thanks for posting. Bill's barely a footnote in that article. Kenyon doesnt even acknoeledge him in her statement. Seems like they were just waiting out his contract.

Ive gotten the impression that listener feedback (especially via ticket text) was overwhelmingly negative toward Bill. I wonder if that was a factor.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:17 pm

Stoney's new partner will be………. Jamie Samuelson. Beginning Sept. 6th.Oops....I now see none of us mentioned that fact already (I wrongly assumed someone else did).

Thanks for posting that info, Soupy.
DSR claims a personality conflict is the likely cause for his dismissal, which is certainly a plausible theory.

However, a desire to trim costs in advance of CBS Radio's pending spin-off may be another motivating factor.

FAN

Post by FAN » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:25 pm

Do you really think Bill made any money though? He had no resume or leverage. I gotta think Jamie pulls more and if not certainly even. I think it has to be about personality.

Valenti has taken shots at Bill before. And the way Bill treated Stoney on air (mind you Stoney has a resume with decades of experience) was nasty and I wouldnt be surprised if Stoney had enough. Bill acted like he was Stern and Stoney was Richard or Sal.

riggs

Post by riggs » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:41 pm

I think it's interesting that it's the Jamie & Stoney show and not Stoney & Jamie and to me that gives an indication that Jamie is going to serve almost like a Dan Patrick role and leave Stoney to be the weird, but knowledgeable sports guy for entertainment.

This thing with making fun of Stoney for not knowing band names was just stupid. Who cares. I look forward to hearing less about Kardashians and that whole side of the world. I do all I can to avoid it.

Now if we could only get "Hi, I'm Mike Dega from MERCEDES BENZ OF NOVI" off the air. Worst commercial read I have ever heard and it makes me angry.

Sidney sit down, relax, have a sandwich, drink a glass of milk, do some fucking thing

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:48 pm

Why do people insist that the new show will be more sports when Jamie is just as bad as Bill and wants to talk about movies and pop culture. The whole station is a train wreck. It's going to be the same crap as before.

FAN

Post by FAN » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:55 pm

The show has been markedly different and sports heavy when Jamie has been in for Bill.

Ditto on the Benz commercials. The way that guy says 'Novi' is maddening.

deadend

Post by deadend » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:51 pm

I can honestly say I have never been more happy to read a thread on the buzzboard before then I am reading all this. I'm so glad that guy is gone. Everything everybody said so far is true

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic