All accepted registrations through July 14 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Amp Radio in Dayton, Ohio

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Toledo Radio Died

Amp Radio in Dayton, Ohio

Post by Toledo Radio Died » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:18 am

Very strange this morning flipping through the stations and running into 98.7 amp radio being retransmitted on 102.5 FM in the Dayton area at around 7 AM this morning. At first I thought the Rat and Puff show was being re-broadcasted on 102.5 WIOG (knowing that station has a killer signal) when I looked on their website and they have their own local morning show, so I can definitely tell you it wasn't WIOG. Any Thoughts?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Amp Radio in Dayton, Ohio

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:11 pm

102.5 Dayton translates a Central Ohio station located at 98.7 off air. Due to tropo, the Detroit station "blocked" the signal of the desired station.

This type of thing is not terribly uncommon with off-air translators.

MEMO TO 89-EX: FIX YOUR SHITTY SOUNDING AUDIO!! WE CAN HARDLY HEAR THE FRIGGIN' STATION! Thanks in advance.

Toledo Radio Died

Re: Amp Radio in Dayton, Ohio

Post by Toledo Radio Died » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:15 pm

Thanks! Kind of fascinating, I noticed the RadioU shut the station off around 7:30 this morning because of the troop.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic