All accepted registrations through February 18, 2019 at 9:00p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

WOMC adding 90s music

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Editorcj
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:49 pm

Re: WOMC adding 90s music

Post by Editorcj » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:02 am

Should they throw Lady Gaga in there?
Give it 5 to 10 years, should be hearing some Britney any day now.



format this
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:49 pm
Location: Just stole Bill Murray's Budweiser at Wrigley
Contact:

Re: WOMC adding 90s music

Post by format this » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:27 pm

Editorcj wrote:
Should they throw Lady Gaga in there?
Give it 5 to 10 years, should be hearing some Britney any day now.
Actually her '90's stuff should be included IF they are including the entire decade. If they are going back 20 years then give it 2 years tops for Spear Britney to appear.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk


Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

User avatar
stopnswop2
Posts: 1709
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: WOMC adding 90s music

Post by stopnswop2 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:43 pm

I think I saw britney on WCBS FM's playlist. But they also still play songs like Build Me Up Buttercup. So I have no problem. I love both songs


Music is my life.

NS8401
Posts: 6715
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: WOMC adding 90s music

Post by NS8401 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:46 pm

Why by Annie Lennox from 1992...



format this
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:49 pm
Location: Just stole Bill Murray's Budweiser at Wrigley
Contact:

Re: WOMC adding 90s music

Post by format this » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:52 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:I think I saw britney on WCBS FM's playlist. But they also still play songs like Build Me Up Buttercup. So I have no problem. I love both songs
Classic Hits could eventually evolve into Classic Jack in a way. 4 decades with a sh*t ton of music...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk


Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

User avatar
stopnswop2
Posts: 1709
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: WOMC adding 90s music

Post by stopnswop2 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:46 pm

I enjoy Annie Lennox's solo hits.
90's AC titles fit perfectly in with the rest of the playlist.

Basically Classic Hits play the songs AC stations played 10 years ago.


Music is my life.

User avatar
BFSEsq
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:51 pm
Location: Ypsilanti
Contact:

Re: WOMC adding 90s music

Post by BFSEsq » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:41 pm

format this wrote:Classic Hits could eventually evolve into Classic Jack in a way. 4 decades with a sh*t ton of music...
I feel like this is essentially what WOMC is doing. I mean, in terms of labels in the Arbitron ratings, 93.1 Doug FM was called "classic hits." Now WOMC is called "classic hits." It's just a big mix of music, mostly 70s and 80s but also some other stuff thrown in. Classic rock with 80s pop, basically.

I, for one, really like WOMC. I think the playlist is great. Really H*** amount of variety. I feel like I'm never quite sure what I'll hear, and I like that. Better than WCSX... too boring and predictable. It kind of IS like Doug, except good. Lol. It's Doug but someone knows what they're doing.

Seeing the 90s music you guys are talking about does surprise me. I haven't heard it. It must really depend on when you listen. I can tell that the mix is different based on daypart. PM drive is heavy on 80s.



NS8401
Posts: 6715
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: WOMC adding 90s music

Post by NS8401 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:50 am

BFSEsq wrote:
format this wrote:Classic Hits could eventually evolve into Classic Jack in a way. 4 decades with a sh*t ton of music...
I feel like this is essentially what WOMC is doing. I mean, in terms of labels in the Arbitron ratings, 93.1 Doug FM was called "classic hits." Now WOMC is called "classic hits." It's just a big mix of music, mostly 70s and 80s but also some other stuff thrown in. Classic rock with 80s pop, basically.

I, for one, really like WOMC. I think the playlist is great. Really H*** amount of variety. I feel like I'm never quite sure what I'll hear, and I like that. Better than WCSX... too boring and predictable. It kind of IS like Doug, except good. Lol. It's Doug but someone knows what they're doing.

Seeing the 90s music you guys are talking about does surprise me. I haven't heard it. It must really depend on when you listen. I can tell that the mix is different based on daypart. PM drive is heavy on 80s.
The request hours and overnights can get quite exotic... I heard BB King one day and JJ played a 1958 song (Peggy Sue) by Buddy Holly for the anniversary of the 1959 plane crash that killed him and the Big Bopper among others...



format this
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:49 pm
Location: Just stole Bill Murray's Budweiser at Wrigley
Contact:

Re: WOMC adding 90s music

Post by format this » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:23 am

NS8401 wrote:
BFSEsq wrote:
format this wrote:Classic Hits could eventually evolve into Classic Jack in a way. 4 decades with a sh*t ton of music...
I feel like this is essentially what WOMC is doing. I mean, in terms of labels in the Arbitron ratings, 93.1 Doug FM was called "classic hits." Now WOMC is called "classic hits." It's just a big mix of music, mostly 70s and 80s but also some other stuff thrown in. Classic rock with 80s pop, basically.

I, for one, really like WOMC. I think the playlist is great. Really H*** amount of variety. I feel like I'm never quite sure what I'll hear, and I like that. Better than WCSX... too boring and predictable. It kind of IS like Doug, except good. Lol. It's Doug but someone knows what they're doing.

Seeing the 90s music you guys are talking about does surprise me. I haven't heard it. It must really depend on when you listen. I can tell that the mix is different based on daypart. PM drive is heavy on 80s.
The request hours and overnights can get quite exotic... I heard BB King one day and JJ played a 1958 song (Peggy Sue) by Buddy Holly for the anniversary of the 1959 plane crash that killed him and the Big Bopper among others...
Nothing wrong with that. If anything, those are the times when the playlist opens up... plus it counts as spins for WOMC. Other CH stations should take note.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk


Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

armchair pd
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:46 pm
Location: B.F.E.

Re: WOMC adding 90s music

Post by armchair pd » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:28 am

I heard the 90's titles more at night. At least 2 an hour at times. Caught "Bittersweet Symphony" Verve last week.



LouPerry
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: WOMC adding 90s music

Post by LouPerry » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:02 pm

This month's Mens Health magazine published that average age 33 is when men tune out current hits and tune in to popular music of their youth. This often coincides with becoming a father. That's why Classic Hits and Classic Rock stations are updating the play list.



User avatar
stopnswop2
Posts: 1709
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: WOMC adding 90s music

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:33 pm

They didn't even add 80's Till 2010. They are really rushing things. Up until 2013, they were pretty still heavy on 60s


Music is my life.

LouPerry
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: WOMC adding 90s music

Post by LouPerry » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:58 pm

As reported in Men's Health magazine 33 is the age when men tune out current hits and tune in to popular music of their youth. This often coincides with becoming a father.



NS8401
Posts: 6715
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: WOMC adding 90s music

Post by NS8401 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:39 pm

I don't wanna fight... Tina Turner... 1993.



User avatar
stopnswop2
Posts: 1709
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: WOMC adding 90s music

Post by stopnswop2 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:55 pm

They are slowly increasing 90s music.
I think they are moving WAY too fast.
They only added 80's music in 2010. now 6 years later all these 90s songs, even some from the 2000's.
Why the rush to add the 90s, and rid of the 60s?
Clearly there is an audience still, based on the high number of 60's songs requested during the noon and 5 pm request hours.




Sheryl Crow - All I Wanna Do (1994)
Hootie and The Blowfish - Only Wanna Be With You (1995)
Eric Clapton - Change The World (1996)
Blues Traveler - Run Around (1995)
Smash Mouth - I'm A Believer (2001)
Bon Jovi - It's My Life (2000)
Aerosmith - I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing (1998)
Sheryl Crow - The First Cut Is The Deepest (2004)
Elton John - The One (1992)
Seal - Kiss From A Rose (1994)
Elton John and George Michael - Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me (1991)
Wilson Phillips - Hold On (1990)
Tina Turner - I Don't Wanna Fight (1993)

There may be others


Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic