All accepted registrations through July 14 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Ashlee...

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
LouPerry

Ashlee...

Post by LouPerry » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:24 am

Anchoring this morning.

screen glare

Re: Ashlee...

Post by screen glare » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:13 am

She should go to Fox News Channel after Columbus. Gretchen Carlson was anchoring mornings on Fox and Friends for years and was a former beauty pageant circuit rider who won Miss America , but was able to morph into a credible newscaster.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:21 am

screen glare wrote:She should go to Fox News Channel after Columbus. Gretchen Carlson was anchoring mornings on Fox and Friends for years and was a former beauty pageant circuit rider who won Miss America , but was able to morph into a credible newscaster.
And he a thing for Ashlee...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:56 am

Gretchen lags severely in the looks department and isn't very likable. Didn't she get demoted?

MEMO TO WNIC AND MIX 92.3: FIX YOUR SHITTY SOUNDING AUDIO!! IT IS LOUD, DISTORTED, AND MAKES THE LISTENING EXPERIENCE FATIGUING!!!.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:12 am

MWmetalhead wrote:Gretchen lags severely in the looks department and isn't very likable. Didn't she get demoted?
Yes she did... She comes off very cold...

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:47 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:Gretchen lags severely in the looks department and isn't very likable. Didn't she get demoted?
Yeah, she had a gig with Russ Mitchell on CBS. CBS to FOX Cable News = demotion.

By the way, I was passing through Cleveland recently and saw that Russ Mitchell is anchoring at the NBC affiliate. He's also managing editor for their news operation. (Which in my mind really doesn't make it a demotion if it puts you in a decision-making position rather than a garden variety prompter reading show pony)

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:54 pm

Miss America is never cold and certainly never lacking in looks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:02 pm

Yeah, she had a gig with Russ Mitchell on CBS. CBS to FOX Cable News = demotion.
I was actually referring to the fact she used to co-anchor the morning show on FNC but now hosts a "filler" show in the early afternoon slot.

I wonder if there's a video of her on YouTube getting snippy with Jerry Springer during a segment that aired maybe five years ago. She came across as a total bitch.

MEMO TO WNIC AND MIX 92.3: FIX YOUR SHITTY SOUNDING AUDIO!! IT IS LOUD, DISTORTED, AND MAKES THE LISTENING EXPERIENCE FATIGUING!!!.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:39 pm

screen glare wrote:Miss America is never cold and certainly never lacking in looks.
That's not at all true... Especially at 45...

proxima3

Post by proxima3 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:53 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
I wonder if there's a video of her on YouTube getting snippy with Jerry Springer during a segment that aired maybe five years ago. She came across as a total bitch.
Heaven forbid someone gets snippy with Jerry Springer. :roll:

LouPerry

Post by LouPerry » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:44 pm

Elisabeth Hassendeck is co-host the woman on Fox & Friends. She is a media star having been on the View for years as the conservative voice.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:55 pm

LouPerry wrote:Elisabeth Hassendeck is co-host the woman on Fox & Friends. She is a media star having been on the View for years as the conservative voice.
Hassendeck? How bout Hasselbeck?

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:40 pm

I've seen clips of Carlson offering up pompous, I'm so disgusted, Fox News righteous indignation over whatever persecution was allegedly being waged against Teabaggers that day, or the "Some say..."-based evidence to counter actual facts or science. The fact that she is actually very well-educated is not evidenced by her on-air presentation.

proxima3

Post by proxima3 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:34 am

SolarMax wrote:I've seen clips of Carlson offering up pompous, I'm so disgusted, Fox News righteous indignation over whatever persecution was allegedly being waged against Teabaggers that day, or the "Some say..."-based evidence to counter actual facts or science. The fact that she is actually very well-educated is not evidenced by her on-air presentation.
And yet in your post you sound like you are disgusted and full of righteous indignation.

Love Pink

Post by Love Pink » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:55 am

screen glare wrote:She should go to Fox News Channel after Columbus. Gretchen Carlson was anchoring mornings on Fox and Friends for years and was a former beauty pageant circuit rider who won Miss America , but was able to morph into a credible newscaster.
proxima3 wrote:
SolarMax wrote:I've seen clips of Carlson offering up pompous, I'm so disgusted, Fox News righteous indignation over whatever persecution was allegedly being waged against Teabaggers that day, or the "Some say..."-based evidence to counter actual facts or science. The fact that she is actually very well-educated is not evidenced by her on-air presentation.
And yet in your post you sound like you are disgusted and full of righteous indignation.
Wow. Let's all not get too ahead of ourselves. Ashlee hasn't even started her new job in Columbus yet and people here are already getting hostile with each other. I think we all hope for her to go far, but one step at a time.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic