All accepted registrations through July 14 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Ashlee Baracy to Columbus

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
craig11152

Re: Ashlee Baracy to Columbus

Post by craig11152 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:03 am

NS8401 wrote:Watching her eat? I can't think of anything I want to see less of on TV... I have a mirror, food and dishes here. I do not require a demonstration.
coincidentally I feel the same about the weather, traffic and sports. I have a computer and a smart phone that update me instantly. I do not require their dog and pony show.

testing...testing...1...2...3...4

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:47 am

craig11152 wrote:
NS8401 wrote:Watching her eat? I can't think of anything I want to see less of on TV... I have a mirror, food and dishes here. I do not require a demonstration.
coincidentally I feel the same about the weather, traffic and sports. I have a computer and a smart phone that update me instantly. I do not require their dog and pony show.
I think in 20 years they'll either be off the air entirely or they'll adapt and eliminate those segments as redundant. I'm leaning towards the first one.

Happyshooter

Post by Happyshooter » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:39 pm

This is completely me, no thoughts that you share where I am going here.

I hate the current 'half the morning show is an ad' bs. That being said, if food place X brings food on set and talent 1-3 pretend to eat same I conclude they suck. If AB gulps it, smiles, and goes for round 2 and 3, I assume I can take my wife there to try it.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:56 pm

Happyshooter wrote:This is completely me, no thoughts that you share where I am going here.

I hate the current 'half the morning show is an ad' bs. That being said, if food place X brings food on set and talent 1-3 pretend to eat same I conclude they suck. If AB gulps it, smiles, and goes for round 2 and 3, I assume I can take my wife there to try it.
That's like saying "that cheap car looks expensive" it must be good and the guy with the big smile is in a plaid suit so it's gotta be A1..... How do you know she doesn't immediately throw it up or spit it out because it sucks? How do you know her tastes are even any good? How can you judge such a thing based on looks? I don't know that I can share that view if I can't understand how you can get to the point where that makes logical sense to you... I just... I'm at a loss... It's logic from somewhere out there...

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:08 am

NS8401 wrote: That's like saying "that cheap car looks expensive" it must be good and the guy with the big smile is in a plaid suit so it's gotta be A1..... How do you know she doesn't immediately throw it up or spit it out because it sucks? How do you know her tastes are even any good? How can you judge such a thing based on looks? I don't know that I can share that view if I can't understand how you can get to the point where that makes logical sense to you... I just... I'm at a loss... It's logic from somewhere out there...
It makes sense to me. I think you need to lighten up. :lol:

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:13 am

craig11152 wrote:
NS8401 wrote: That's like saying "that cheap car looks expensive" it must be good and the guy with the big smile is in a plaid suit so it's gotta be A1..... How do you know she doesn't immediately throw it up or spit it out because it sucks? How do you know her tastes are even any good? How can you judge such a thing based on looks? I don't know that I can share that view if I can't understand how you can get to the point where that makes logical sense to you... I just... I'm at a loss... It's logic from somewhere out there...
It makes sense to me. I think you need to lighten up. :lol:
I'm already pretty light as it is... You trying to make me disappear? :blink

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:12 am

NS8401 wrote: I'm already pretty light as it is... You trying to make me disappear? :blink
to the contrary I invite you to join Happyshooter and I in our Ashlee Scarfed Seconds club. Any time Ashlee goes for seconds or thirds we make a reservation for the following weekend. The club will be in limbo come October 1st. I don't think road trips to Columbus are on the table. So I urge you to accept this offer now....we will waive the prorated monthly dues for September.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:32 am

craig11152 wrote:
NS8401 wrote: I'm already pretty light as it is... You trying to make me disappear? :blink
to the contrary I invite you to join Happyshooter and I in our Ashlee Scarfed Seconds club. Any time Ashlee goes for seconds or thirds we make a reservation for the following weekend. The club will be in limbo come October 1st. I don't think road trips to Columbus are on the table. So I urge you to accept this offer now....we will waive the prorated monthly dues for September.
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

That's probably one of the best things I've ever read around here.

LouPerry

Post by LouPerry » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:45 pm

I don't think local news would ever kill local weather and traffic. I wake-up at 5:30 and turn on the bedroom TV to hear what the weather will be (many times wrong). First there isn't enough local news to fill a half-hour. Second generally these personalities carry part of the ball. On a given day say this last week WXYZ reported more national stories than local. The same reports were given on GMA. Why no sports reports on AM shows? I don't stay up for Tigers BB that start at 10 PM.

As I've mentioned before TV News is show biz – it's a show. You need a variety of voices and faces to make it a show. I still do not understand why traffic reports are not reported in afternoon drive. That's when everyone is out after work, most tie-ups much more than in the morning.

To me the weakest part of Detroit TV is the weathercasters except for Holly. In other top markets weathercasters don't yell but Brandon Roux and Keenan Smith think that's the way to connect to the viewers. Check out major market weather people and their delivery – no yelling so why here?

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:22 pm

LouPerry wrote:I don't think local news would ever kill local weather and traffic. I wake-up at 5:30 and turn on the bedroom TV to hear what the weather will be (many times wrong). First there isn't enough local news to fill a half-hour. Second generally these personalities carry part of the ball. On a given day say this last week WXYZ reported more national stories than local. The same reports were given on GMA. Why no sports reports on AM shows? I don't stay up for Tigers BB that start at 10 PM.

As I've mentioned before TV News is show biz – it's a show. You need a variety of voices and faces to make it a show. I still do not understand why traffic reports are not reported in afternoon drive. That's when everyone is out after work, most tie-ups much more than in the morning.

To me the weakest part of Detroit TV is the weathercasters except for Holly. In other top markets weathercasters don't yell but Brandon Roux and Keenan Smith think that's the way to connect to the viewers. Check out major market weather people and their delivery – no yelling so why here?
Because we have had very very weak news directors here over the last several years...

pixelplay

Post by pixelplay » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:08 pm

I see sports every hour on 2 in the morning, and they spend more time on it if it was a home game or a big win, but they always mention the away games. Probably a hold over when Alan Lee was there as he was a big sports guy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:17 pm

pixelplay wrote:I see sports every hour on 2 in the morning, and they spend more time on it if it was a home game or a big win, but they always mention the away games. Probably a hold over when Alan Lee was there as he was a big sports guy.
7 does as well... Every game and on weekends they even do a segment called "Morning Sports". Why not on weekdays? Cause they didn't think of it so you're welcome for the idea circle 7.

Love Pink

Post by Love Pink » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:06 am

NS8401 wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
I think in 20 years they'll either be off the air entirely or they'll adapt and eliminate those segments as redundant. I'm leaning towards the first one.
I pray local news doesn't disappear. I realize that I can get just about anything on the interwebz, but when I have to wake up at 2:00 am to get myself, my husband, and my toddler up and ready to go, I'm on an already tight schedule and don't have time to sit in front of my computer screen, clicking on things, weeding through which videos to watch, or waiting for the video to load/buffer. I'm getting much better at multitasking, but it's much easier to have Fox 2's rerun of the previous night's 10 and 11 pm news playing in the background on my television while putting on eyeliner and mascara than trying to deal with my laptop. Also, I like to flip back to Adult Swim on Cartoon Network when it's time to talk about sports or during commercials. Because I have to get up so early during the week, it means that I usually don't get to catch the news at night(sometimes I don't even get to watch the 6 pm news because I have too much to do around the house). I appreciate Fox 2 replaying the 10 pm news in the wee hours of the morning.

Just because we can get something on the internet doesn't necessarily make it better. I very well might be alone on this, but I absolutely do not like watching any kind of video online. It doesn't matter whether it's just a 2 minute clip of something or a full-length movie. I detest it. It doesn't matter how new and up-to-date the computer or device I'm using is, it always proves to be a very tedious process. It's usually a H*** waste of time just waiting for the clip to load. I often spend more time waiting for it to load than I do watching the clip. And for some reason, watching the news online just feels unnatural and impersonable. I realize that my dilemma is really quite trivial and a product of my mistrust of and reluctance to jump on the iPhone/smrtphone bandwagon. But nonetheless, I think a lot of people have their reasons for preferring to watch their local news on TV versus just relying on their devices for everything.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:15 am

For me personally I just said I can do without sports,weather and traffic on the TV news. Those things are very specific and I don't need to weed through the Internet to find them. I also don't need to weed through the TV giving me weather in Traverse City or Grand Rapids, scores I don't care about and roads I'm not going to drive on. I can go to my bookmarked weather, traffic and sports pages and get what I need instantly and skip the generic "something for everyone" stuff the TV people have to do. The rest of the actual TV news I am fine with. Thats the stuff I would have to weed for and might miss "important" (to me) stories on the Internet.

dm00n

Post by dm00n » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:42 pm

Love Pink, I have an iPhone, yet I'm in agreement with you. I'll read news all day long on my phone or laptop, but I never have the volume turned on/up. I don't watch the accompanying videos if stories have them, and I click out of a story if it is video only. The only time I will watch something is if there is some part of the story you must actually see (surfer fighting shark, etc). If the video starts with an ad that says "Your video will start in 30 seconds..." I automatically kill it, doesn't matter what it is.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic