All accepted registrations through April 20 at 9:45a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Terry Foster the 5 Tool Imbecile

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Daypart
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:43 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Terry Foster the 5 Tool Imbecile

Post by Daypart » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:22 pm

Today he maintained that the word "hyperbole" could be pronounced "hyper-bowl" because that's the way he's pronounced it all his life.



User avatar
Andy Sipowicz
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:05 pm

Re: Terry Foster the 5 Tool Imbecile

Post by Andy Sipowicz » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:40 am

Be careful. When I pointed out how many words he mispronounces I was ripped by countless people. They butcher's the English language and yet he's a professional radio host? Amazing.



User avatar
craig11152
Posts: 1553
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:15 am
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Terry Foster the 5 Tool Imbecile

Post by craig11152 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:22 am

I find people mispronouncing words mildly amusing, nothing more. I would suggest 90% of people mispronounce some word or words.
Andy Sipowicz wrote:Be careful. When I pointed out how many words he mispronounces I was ripped by countless people. They butcher's the English language and yet he's a professional radio host? Amazing.
This I find a bit strange. If you don't like the guy why do you listen enough to monitor his speaking patterns?


testing...testing...1...2...3...4

User avatar
Smirnoff
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Terry Foster the 5 Tool Imbecile

Post by Smirnoff » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:08 am

If he works himself out of a job, at least he can go flip Tacos at his eatery.....if it's still open? |I



Willie108
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:43 am
Location: Flint Twp.

Re: Terry Foster the 5 Tool Imbecile

Post by Willie108 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:06 pm

He is NOT a professional radio host. He is a newspaper writer...with a RADIO problem...just like Caputo.



User avatar
Andy Sipowicz
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:05 pm

Re: Terry Foster the 5 Tool Imbecile

Post by Andy Sipowicz » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:51 pm

craig11152 wrote:I find people mispronouncing words mildly amusing, nothing more. I would suggest 90% of people mispronounce some word or words.
Andy Sipowicz wrote:Be careful. When I pointed out how many words he mispronounces I was ripped by countless people. They butcher's the English language and yet he's a professional radio host? Amazing.
This I find a bit strange. If you don't like the guy why do you listen enough to monitor his speaking patterns?
I rarely listen anymore now that I have SirusXM again. When I do have the station on, I can't last long. It's the same crap every day. Valenti is pissed about something silly and Foster doesn't know what day it is.



User avatar
craig11152
Posts: 1553
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:15 am
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Terry Foster the 5 Tool Imbecile

Post by craig11152 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:12 am

Andy Sipowicz wrote: I rarely listen anymore now that I have SirusXM again. When I do have the station on, I can't last long. It's the same crap every day. Valenti is pissed about something silly and Foster doesn't know what day it is.
I rarely listen either, but I don't have Sirus, I just rarely listen to the radio unless I'm mowing the lawn with my radio ear muffs.
I agree with you 100% on Valenti but not Terry Foster. I don't think Foster is the "idiot" people claim he is.


testing...testing...1...2...3...4

User avatar
Smirnoff
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Terry Foster the 5 Tool Imbecile

Post by Smirnoff » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:21 pm

Willie108 wrote:He is NOT a professional radio host. He is a newspaper writer...with a RADIO problem...just like Caputo.
Kaput-to's quote of this week; "Verlander will do better next year"......really, wtf? :barf



joe60
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:22 am

Re: Terry Foster the 5 Tool Imbecile

Post by joe60 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:22 pm

I would love to see ratings for 97.1 when terry foster hosts alone.



User avatar
Andy Sipowicz
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:05 pm

Re: Terry Foster the 5 Tool Imbecile

Post by Andy Sipowicz » Sun May 08, 2016 1:41 pm

Friday (I think) Samuelson was filling in for Valenti and when he disagreed with Mush Mouth's opinion that Joe Paterno should forfeit all his victories, Foster accused him of saying that child molestation wasn't a bad thing. Samuelson's response? "That's why I hate doing shows with you, Terry." CLASSIC! Mush Mouth twists his words and gets called out for being an incompetent idiot.



Mega Hertz
Posts: 770
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: Terry Foster the 5 Tool Imbecile

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun May 08, 2016 9:42 pm

Andy Sipowicz wrote:Be careful. When I pointed out how many words he mispronounces I was ripped by countless people. They butcher's the English language and yet he's a professional radio host? Amazing.
I don't think it's so much that you rag him, I think it's more the frequency of doing it. I remember lurking on this board before I joined, back in 2008 or so, and it was literally a daily occurrence, with what seemed like minute by minute updates. I'll admit to listening to the show when I'm able to do so, and there's many times that I have to laugh and shake my head and ask myself if this guy is for real. Probably way too often for someone that has a professional gig on-the-air in a large market. I will admit that you have calmed down over the last few years, but for a while, I think you critiqued(sp?) Foster more than his PD did!


Underground Sounds, Ann Arbor
"Keep Vinyl Alive!"

User avatar
Andy Sipowicz
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:05 pm

Re: Terry Foster the 5 Tool Imbecile

Post by Andy Sipowicz » Mon May 09, 2016 12:01 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Andy Sipowicz wrote:Be careful. When I pointed out how many words he mispronounces I was ripped by countless people. They butcher's the English language and yet he's a professional radio host? Amazing.
I don't think it's so much that you rag him, I think it's more the frequency of doing it. I remember lurking on this board before I joined, back in 2008 or so, and it was literally a daily occurrence, with what seemed like minute by minute updates. I'll admit to listening to the show when I'm able to do so, and there's many times that I have to laugh and shake my head and ask myself if this guy is for real. Probably way too often for someone that has a professional gig on-the-air in a large market. I will admit that you have calmed down over the last few years, but for a while, I think you critiqued(sp?) Foster more than his PD did!
Don't listen much anymore. Can't stand him or the Angry Motor Mouth. But if the program director did critique Mush Mouth, he probably wouldn't have a job. He's Grade A Awful.



Mega Hertz
Posts: 770
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: Terry Foster the 5 Tool Imbecile

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon May 09, 2016 9:25 pm

Andy Sipowicz wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Andy Sipowicz wrote:Be careful. When I pointed out how many words he mispronounces I was ripped by countless people. They butcher's the English language and yet he's a professional radio host? Amazing.
I don't think it's so much that you rag him, I think it's more the frequency of doing it. I remember lurking on this board before I joined, back in 2008 or so, and it was literally a daily occurrence, with what seemed like minute by minute updates. I'll admit to listening to the show when I'm able to do so, and there's many times that I have to laugh and shake my head and ask myself if this guy is for real. Probably way too often for someone that has a professional gig on-the-air in a large market. I will admit that you have calmed down over the last few years, but for a while, I think you critiqued(sp?) Foster more than his PD did!
Don't listen much anymore. Can't stand him or the Angry Motor Mouth. But if the program director did critique Mush Mouth, he probably wouldn't have a job. He's Grade A Awful.
I'll admit that we don't listen to talk radio on the job site...it's hard to hear two people speaking over the sounds of various power tools and saws and hammers pounding away. And by the time we've wrapped up and are on our way home, it's nearly 5:00, and there's no point in joining a talk show in the third of four hours. So my listening is erratic at best. I can tolerate Mike and Terry, but I think where we can find ourselves in further agreement is dislike of Caputo. I don't want to derail this thread too much, so I'll keep it simple...Caputo reminds me of the guy in the group of friends who wants to seem like he fits in with the crowd, but doesn't quite have what it takes to hang, so he becomes loud and obnoxious and even takes a hardline stance on something that leaves everyone else in bewilderment, everyone exchanging confused glances, until someone breaks the silence by laughing and rhetorically asks, "Is this grown-up mattress stain for real right now?!".

...aaaaaaand back to Foster. Sorry.


Underground Sounds, Ann Arbor
"Keep Vinyl Alive!"

borderboy653659200
Posts: 844
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: Terry Foster the 5 Tool Imbecile

Post by borderboy653659200 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:21 pm

Foster was SPOT ON,that perv enabler Joe Pteron was rightly divested of his victories. Of course Samuelsen ( is it me or are there FAR TOO MANY chaps named "Jamie?") disagreed; dude's said to be a good guy,but is clueless about sports other than surfing and skateboarding.(He's a rich SoCal boy.)



borderboy653659200
Posts: 844
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: Terry Foster the 5 Tool Imbecile

Post by borderboy653659200 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:22 pm

Foster was SPOT ON,that perv enabler Joe Paterno was rightly divested of his victories. Of course Samuelsen ( is it me or are there FAR TOO MANY chaps named "Jamie?") disagreed; dude's said to be a good guy,but is clueless about sports other than surfing and skateboarding.(He's a rich SoCal boy.)



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic