All accepted registrations through July 14 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Gawd, Jay Towers sucks.

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Plate Cap

Re: Gawd, Jay Towers sucks.

Post by Plate Cap » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:37 pm

pixelplay wrote:
I think most of the people who post they don't like Jay Towers are failed Specs grads. The man is consistent, works hard, and has more than survived for quite a while in town.
I may be a lot of things, but I'm not a Specs grad, thank you.

I never cease to be amazed about how people can't have divergent opinions here without name calling commencing.

The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:57 pm

Plate Cap wrote:
pixelplay wrote:
I think most of the people who post they don't like Jay Towers are failed Specs grads. The man is consistent, works hard, and has more than survived for quite a while in town.
I may be a lot of things, but I'm not a Specs grad, thank you.

I never cease to be amazed about how people can't have divergent opinions here without name calling commencing.
Some folks can't accept its ok to not like someone's work...

Love Pink

Post by Love Pink » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:43 am

MWmetalhead wrote:I think Towers anchoring style is quite similar to that of Alan Lee. I don't mind the change. I think "Q" is the weaker link of that team. Although far from perfect, I still prefer Fox 2's morning newscast to the offerings on 7 & 4. Fox 2 seems to cover more in the way of substantive hard news during the 6a to 7a hour, which is when I generally watch.

Loco 4 shows Rhonda doing exercises and Brandon Roux over-enunciating every other word. Circle 7 features Vic and Tatatoothey (Alicia Smith) fawning over viral videos and licking the ass of the GMA crew.

Heck, I even think Charlie Langton is doing an acceptable job on weekend mornings over at 'JBK. Remember, this is the same station that once upon a time employed that tongue-tied pervert, Charles Pube, in that role. So, just about *anyone* is an upgrade!
This is exactly what I'm thinking. I don't care much for Jay Towers, and yes he does sound like Kermit The Frog. I don't hate him like the OP does, but I don't care for him. However, when I take a look at the other options, Jay becomes the one that I can stomach the most. 4 is okay in small doses, but loses me after switching over to Today. And I absolutely cannot stomach GMA at all. Worst. Show. Ever. It makes me sad that WXYZ is a proud member of such an unholy union because I feel like I could really get back on board with them after a half-a-decade long hiatus. I used to be all Circle 7 all the time kind of girl, but not anymore.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:24 pm

I'm on-board with the "Dont care for Towers" bandwagon.

Towers used to be more palatable.....but now when 6am hits, i'm off the WJBK train and on to either 4 or 7.

Alan Lee was a good fit for morning's....obviously he wanted something else and he got it. :)

I think there were many other talents (no, i dont know any) that could have been brought-in to fill the vacancy in Morning on Fox2.... someone that isn't 100% dedicated to the morning TV gig should probably not be the one to fill the spot.

Not saying i could do better...... but doggone it i can't see it much worse.

Image>>RayQix<<Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic