Notice to all Buzzboard readers & posters: A requested server migration took place Saturday evening. Unfortunately, I did not re-point my DNS records to the new server until roughly 7:45p ET on Monday, November 12. As a result, any posts and new user registrations occurring between the nighttime hours of 11/10 and approximately 7:45p ET on Monday, 11/12 have been lost.

This was unavoidable, and the longer I waited to re-point to the new server, the greater the number of posts that would've been lost.

Please feel free to resubmit any threads / posts you created. They will NOT be lost this time! Many thanks for your patience these past couple of weeks while I've worked to migrate the Buzzboard to a more secure, more robust platform.

Check out the Buzzboard's newest forum - the Buzzboard Marketplace! Find it here: http://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=31

Then, there's this.....

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
jry

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by jry » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:51 pm

Still Sunny, all day, every day, on WDIV....

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:30 pm

jry wrote:Still Sunny, all day, every day, on WDIV....
Can't you just see what rays of sunshine they all are? :lol

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:49 pm

jry wrote:Still Sunny, all day, every day, on WDIV....
I thought Elliot passed away?

There sure isn't as much excitement, fawning, or adulation over our first orange president as there was over our first black one. Evidently, orange really isn't the new black.

bjmcdevitt

Post by bjmcdevitt » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:42 pm

That wacky crazy Bernie Smilovitz had a segment on tonight called "Fuzzy Math". He showed this clip of Alex Ovechkin being interviewed by Ilya Bryzgalov. Bryzgalov asks Ovechkin a math question - What is 2+2x2? Ovechkin answers 6, and Smilovitz made fun of him for it. Except, the answer is correct. Order of operation would have the multiplication done first, then the addition. 2+(2x2)

C'mon everybody, Ed Tyll! Ed Tyll!

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:07 pm

bjmcdevitt wrote:That wacky crazy Bernie Smilovitz had a segment on tonight called "Fuzzy Math". He showed this clip of Alex Ovechkin being interviewed by Ilya Bryzgalov. Bryzgalov asks Ovechkin a math question - What is 2+2x2? Ovechkin answers 6, and Smilovitz made fun of him for it. Except, the answer is correct. Order of operation would have the multiplication done first, then the addition. 2+(2x2)
Yeah written in simplified form that's 2+4... :lol

Loco 4 never ceases to amaze...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:08 pm

I really wish Bernie would retire. He sucks.

Thanks, corporate radio, for finally tossing Nickelback to the curb. Now can you please do the same for Shinedown? THEY SUCK!!!

jry

Post by jry » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:49 pm

So.... Drutz the putz goes on camera the other morning, just before the first hour of The Today Show. She has her little "Editorial" on Trump freezing Immigration from Middle Eastern Countries. Except for the fact that it is Temporary from Nations that we know have had a hand in Terrorism and is not illegal as she said, it was passable. She had her little scarf around her neck in a fashion that most women wear when they go between "Covered" with a Hijab and not covered. Of course, if she really thinks it's illegal, how about inserting the word "possibly" in front of "illegal" or "in our opinion", something like that. She is now WDIVs "Panderer in Chief".

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:03 pm

jry wrote:So.... Drutz the putz goes on camera the other morning, just before the first hour of The Today Show. She has her little "Editorial" on Trump freezing Immigration from Middle Eastern Countries. Except for the fact that it is Temporary from Nations that we know have had a hand in Terrorism and is not illegal as she said, it was passable. She had her little scarf around her neck in a fashion that most women wear when they go between "Covered" with a Hijab and not covered. Of course, if she really thinks it's illegal, how about inserting the word "possibly" in front of "illegal" or "in our opinion", something like that. She is now WDIVs "Panderer in Chief".
If it's an editorial then that's saying it's an opinion... why do you need to say it's an opinion two different ways? It's not News... it's an editorial....

jry

Post by jry » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:37 pm

[quote="NS8401"][quote="jry"]So.... Drutz the putz goes on camera the other morning, just before the first hour of The Today Show. She has her little "Editorial" on Trump freezing Immigration from Middle Eastern Countries. Except for the fact that it is Temporary from Nations that we know have had a hand in Terrorism and is not illegal as she said, it was passable. She had her little scarf around her neck in a fashion that most women wear when they go between "Covered" with a Hijab and not covered. Of course, if she really thinks it's illegal, how about inserting the word "possibly" in front of "illegal" or "in our opinion", something like that. She is now WDIVs "Panderer in Chief".[/quote]
If it's an editorial then that's saying it's an opinion... why do you need to say it's an opinion two different ways? It's not News... it's an editorial....[/quote]
I guess i shouldn't expect a little bit of accuracy in an Editorial. Clearly, the law allows the President to block whoever from wherever.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:57 pm

jry wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
jry wrote:So.... Drutz the putz goes on camera the other morning, just before the first hour of The Today Show. She has her little "Editorial" on Trump freezing Immigration from Middle Eastern Countries. Except for the fact that it is Temporary from Nations that we know have had a hand in Terrorism and is not illegal as she said, it was passable. She had her little scarf around her neck in a fashion that most women wear when they go between "Covered" with a Hijab and not covered. Of course, if she really thinks it's illegal, how about inserting the word "possibly" in front of "illegal" or "in our opinion", something like that. She is now WDIVs "Panderer in Chief".
If it's an editorial then that's saying it's an opinion... why do you need to say it's an opinion two different ways? It's not News... it's an editorial....
I guess i shouldn't expect a little bit of accuracy in an Editorial. Clearly, the law allows the President to block whoever from wherever.
According to one set of opinions yes... a different opinion is that it doesn't.. thus the court cases...

mtburb
Location: Wyandotte, 17 miles from Southfield, 38 miles from Oregon

Post by mtburb » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:53 pm

Jumping on the bandwagon is Fox Sports Detroit, during the shootout in today's Wings-Capitals matchup where we won our first in six games and gave them their first loss in seven, the graphic when the third Wing player came to start the third round (forgot who he was) said that in shootouts at least this season he had "1 GOALS". Yes, I'm not kidding, it really said "1 GOALS".

My furthest DTV tropo: KDKA Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at 202 miles for three days in January 2017 and a night in September 2017 with only an Antennas Direct C2V!

I no longer maintain my RabbitEars.info DX listing.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:56 am

The incessant advertising of WDIV's low rated morning show (I won't call it a newscast) during their 5:30p and 6:00p evening newscasts has reached nauseating proportions.

They can plug it all they want. The on-air talent stinks. Obnoxious Brandon + Mushmouth the traffic reporter who is incapable of reporting on more than 3 incidents in one segment. They will always be a failure in the ratings and will never get close to WJBK in the morning.

Thanks, corporate radio, for finally tossing Nickelback to the curb. Now can you please do the same for Shinedown? THEY SUCK!!!

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:31 am

MWmetalhead wrote:The incessant advertising of WDIV's low rated morning show (I won't call it a newscast) during their 5:30p and 6:00p evening newscasts has reached nauseating proportions.

They can plug it all they want. The on-air talent stinks. Obnoxious Brandon + Mushmouth the traffic reporter who is incapable of reporting on more than 3 incidents in one segment. They will always be a failure in the ratings and will never get close to WJBK in the morning.
"For all the latest news watch 2 in the Morning, 7 at Noon and 4 in the Evening. The Truth is out there, they'll help you find it"... :lol

BFSEsq

Post by BFSEsq » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:45 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:The incessant advertising of WDIV's low rated morning show (I won't call it a newscast) during their 5:30p and 6:00p evening newscasts has reached nauseating proportions.

Yeah, I've noticed Brandon Roux is just really awkward. Like, he sticks out. He isn't good at banter. He just seems like a weirdo. Also, my wife and I have a game where we like to note how many times he wears an obviously ill-fitting suit. You're on TV, dude.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic