All accepted registrations through December 6 at 6:00p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Then, there's this.....

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
User avatar
SolarMax
Posts: 489
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:59 pm
Location: 313

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by SolarMax » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:38 am

A twofer on Monday morning on ABC/WXYZ...
Good Morning America's ticker crawl reported that the Rangers defeated the Panthers in double OT. Problem is, it was actually the NY Islanders, not the Rangers. AFIK the error ran all morning without correction.

The local weather cutaway from GMA to WXYZ around 8:38am went to Keenan, standing there, clearing his throat, fidgeting and waiting for a cue. After about twenty seconds of this awkwardness, he started his report, only to have the automation cut back to network after a few seconds.
Will The Circle be unbroken, ever?



Deleted User 8570

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:42 am

SolarMax wrote:A twofer on Monday morning on ABC/WXYZ...
Good Morning America's ticker crawl reported that the Rangers defeated the Panthers in double OT. Problem is, it was actually the NY Islanders, not the Rangers. AFIK the error ran all morning without correction.

The local weather cutaway from GMA to WXYZ around 8:38am went to Keenan, standing there, clearing his throat, fidgeting and waiting for a cue. After about twenty seconds of this awkwardness, he started his report, only to have the automation cut back to network after a few seconds.
Will The Circle be unbroken, ever?
Not until they realize they need major help....



jry
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:14 am
Location: somewhere in the former boonies

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by jry » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:39 pm

So... Wondering how badly the Tigers got beat last night, i decided to check out the score on Loco 4.

The Chyron reported this: Athletics 5-Athletics 1. That explains it. It wasn't the Tigers on the field, last night, but Oaklands practice squad.



dm00n
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:51 am
Location: Metro Detroit

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by dm00n » Tue May 03, 2016 12:11 am

CBS Radio had an update after Prince died saying his heirs stood to inherit "a small fortune." It made me wonder what constitutes a large fortune.



jry
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:14 am
Location: somewhere in the former boonies

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by jry » Wed May 11, 2016 12:37 pm

As you all know, "Doctor" Karen Weaver is being accused of telling employees to divert donation money to her own fundraising site.
This broke on Monday. I was watching WDIV on Tuesday AM to get the latest. Nothing was reported on this during the 6AM hour. There was a chyron about it. Maybe it happened while i was in the can.
Today? Just about the same. There was a Flint story in the 6, but not that one.
Did anyone else see this?



billmich

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by billmich » Wed May 11, 2016 1:00 pm

jry wrote:As you all know, "Doctor" Karen Weaver is being accused of telling employees to divert donation money to her own fundraising site.
This broke on Monday. I was watching WDIV on Tuesday AM to get the latest. Nothing was reported on this during the 6AM hour. There was a chyron about it. Maybe it happened while i was in the can.
Today? Just about the same. There was a Flint story in the 6, but not that one.
Did anyone else see this?
Democrat Karen Weaver, since the political party of the governor has been deemed to be so important....



jry
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:14 am
Location: somewhere in the former boonies

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by jry » Thu May 12, 2016 12:59 pm

Right, Bill. When it's the party of the "R" we must be sure to point that out. However, the "D" party gets a break through lack of mention.



Deleted User 8570

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu May 12, 2016 1:22 pm

jry wrote:Right, Bill. When it's the party of the "R" we must be sure to point that out. However, the "D" party gets a break through lack of mention.
It's been mentioned ad nauseam for months...



radiodoc
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:40 pm

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by radiodoc » Thu May 12, 2016 3:09 pm

NS8401 wrote:
jry wrote:Right, Bill. When it's the party of the "R" we must be sure to point that out. However, the "D" party gets a break through lack of mention.
It's been mentioned ad nauseam for months...
NS8401 wrote:
jry wrote:Right, Bill. When it's the party of the "R" we must be sure to point that out. However, the "D" party gets a break through lack of mention.
It's been mentioned ad nauseam for months...
Again. You're wrong. Never once has it been mentioned that she's a Democrat. It is assumed. And you, once again, have no idea what you're talking about.



Deleted User 8570

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu May 12, 2016 6:00 pm

radiodoc wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
jry wrote:Right, Bill. When it's the party of the "R" we must be sure to point that out. However, the "D" party gets a break through lack of mention.
It's been mentioned ad nauseam for months...
NS8401 wrote:
jry wrote:Right, Bill. When it's the party of the "R" we must be sure to point that out. However, the "D" party gets a break through lack of mention.
It's been mentioned ad nauseam for months...
Again. You're wrong. Never once has it been mentioned that she's a Democrat. It is assumed. And you, once again, have no idea what you're talking about.
So nobody anywhere has mentioned it? You're full of crap my friend...



jry
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:14 am
Location: somewhere in the former boonies

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by jry » Fri May 13, 2016 2:50 pm

[quote="radiodoc"][quote="NS8401"][quote="jry"]Right, Bill. When it's the party of the "R" we must be sure to point that out. However, the "D" party gets a break through lack of mention.[/quote]
It's been mentioned ad nauseam for months...[/quote][quote="NS8401"][quote="jry"]Right, Bill. When it's the party of the "R" we must be sure to point that out. However, the "D" party gets a break through lack of mention.[/quote]
It's been mentioned ad nauseam for months...[/quote]

Again. You're wrong. Never once has it been mentioned that she's a Democrat. It is assumed. And you, once again, have no idea what you're talking about.[/quote]

Don't be silly. Gee.... What was the clue that Karen Weaver is a Dem? Maybe because she was on the Democrat Ballot, in a primary race between her and incumbent DEMOCRAT Mayor, Dayne Walling (whom, BTW, i met and spent a little time with-nice guy)....



jry
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:14 am
Location: somewhere in the former boonies

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by jry » Wed May 18, 2016 3:03 pm

These are such small things that are easily corrected...

Today, the did the story about the Principle of Spain that's scheduled to go before the Judge (and he did).

They showed the clip from Ellen where they pledged $500,000.00 to the school. He probably thought that it
would mean that there's more available to steal. Anyways, they show the 500K and Podell talks about the millions that Ellen
donated. nothing big, but it sure is sloppy.



Deleted User 8570

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri May 20, 2016 10:14 am

Fill in the missing word:
"Kalamazoo Shooting Rampage dragged out of courtroom after outburst during testimony"... From 4's push alerts on their news app...



jry
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:14 am
Location: somewhere in the former boonies

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by jry » Fri May 20, 2016 12:40 pm

[quote="NS8401"]Fill in the missing word:
"Kalamazoo Shooting Rampage dragged out of courtroom after outburst during testimony"... From 4's push alerts on their news app...[/quote]

Wow. That's a killer!

I just heard a new way to pronounce Waukesha, WI on WJR. "Wah Key Shaw"....



jry
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:14 am
Location: somewhere in the former boonies

Re: Then, there's this.....

Post by jry » Tue May 24, 2016 2:51 pm

You'd think that WDIV could report the Tigers score with consistency. No mention during the 6 AM and nothing on the Chyron.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic