All accepted registrations through October 6 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Ron Cameron In One Word:

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Momo

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by Momo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:08 pm

But he does not go into the “dressing room.”

I was surprised that Anthony Fenech’s name came up as a scheduled guest for next week. Not that Ron would go back on his word of never having him on again, but that Fenech would promise - yet again - to appear. Maybe the 4th time’s a charm. Also surprised that Ken Holland’s name was bandied about as a future guest. Now that he’s no longer with the Wings, I’m doubtful that he would have any incentive be on the show, especially since he was so testy the last time he was on. And when do we expect Jack Morris, since his winter is soon approaching?

Momo

Post by Momo » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:21 pm

Just getting an opportunity to hear - via podcast - Ron's Saturday show. He spent a lot of time searching for and then, as always, going over the stats for the minor league prospects. Tarik Skubal, he said, was "still going strong" and he went over the stats of several others. Ever current our Ron, totally oblivious to the fact that the Tigers minor league season had ended a couple of weeks earlier!

And Fred McLeod was going to be a guest?! I sure don't recall him being mentioned, and we know that Ron's never shy about throwing various names out there as possible future guests. Speaking of which, Ron said that Anthony Fenech was going to be on next Saturday. Ron needs to have a handy Tigers schedule with him so he could've in real time realized that the Tigers Saturday game starts at 6:10, making a Fenech Saturday appearance - certainly during the second hour - rather unlikely.

And Ron's show "gets a better rating than another sports station in town"? Was Alex speaking in jest, or are there actual ratings for this trainwreck?

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:02 pm

The Saturday show was good. Ron was not in his usual crabby mood, Alex was at the helm making sure the show was going in the right direction. Sunday show - Ron back to his usual self, being crabby towards Matt and just making the show an unpleasant tone. I am wondering if Matt is doing this show as some kind of community service time for there is no way I would put up with how he is talked down like a piece of trash or something. Perhaps he owes Ron some sort of debt but Matt keeps taking the punishment. Funny how Cowboy calls in like clockwork every weekend and then calls in Sunday asking Ron if he had a show or not on Saturday. What a clown! There is always the Rose colored U-M glasses of JJ, Curt who peruses the internet with facts and figures for Ron to pepper at Ron or one of his guests, and then the newcomer onto the scene- Ron's well being coach, Mr. Positive has decided to insert himself as one of the characters into the show. Yes so I wonder at what point will Ron realize that Fenech will be a no show since the Tigers are playing during the airing of the show.

313sports

Post by 313sports » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:57 pm

I've heard the part of Saturday's show you're referring to Momo, and it sounded like Alex was speaking in jest about another station. No way do they have actual ratings. Both shows had a distinctly different feel. Alex vs. Matt most likely the reason. I enjoy the entertainment with both but for different reasons

Momo

Post by Momo » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:38 am

Mr. Transistor, in defense of Cowboy, our erstwhile correspondent, he did not call in during Saturday’s show. Don’t know why, though, he thought Ron’s show was unaired. But to think of all the birthdays and death anniversaries in the middle of September that went unrecognized ...

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:40 am

When I was listening to the podcast, the self appointed Mr Positive asked him about the restaurant and he just shrugged it off. I guess it's not happening. At least we have the train wreck to look forward to this afternoon.

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:08 pm

Is Ron on today?? I hear Wayne State stuff

briangoleb

Post by briangoleb » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:10 pm

He'll be on after..telling us Anthony Fenech won't be on I'm sure...

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:12 pm

The game just ended. The post-game show is now on. I'd hate to think Anthony Fenech's appearance is being preempted!

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:21 pm

Alright he's on. I like how he's too busy to call people. Too much stuff going on.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:23 pm

So Ron's excuse for not having Fenech is that there's too much to talk about, yet passes up on the opportunity to extend the show past 7:00?! And what does the Tigers having a game tomorrow have anything to do with it?

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:23 pm

This guy must have slipped Ron $20 for this live commercial

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:25 pm

Ron has a big following at Henry Ford Hospital?! Like he does with the "insurance company"?

briangoleb

Post by briangoleb » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:28 pm

Lol..what an awkward interview..

briangoleb

Post by briangoleb » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:38 pm

I knew Ron wouldn't know who Andy Green is..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic