All accepted registrations through May 16 at 7:15p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Ron Cameron In One Word:

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Y M Ionhere
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Where the sun no longer shines

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:35 pm

I tuned into his show on WDTK tonight for the first time. Holy crap. This guy is something else. Rude to his co-host, grouchy (like me), and said possibly the stupidest things ive heard out of a broadcasters mouth. He is awful at reading commercial spots for restaurants, stumbling badly.



Bobbert
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by Bobbert » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:59 am

Y M Ionhere wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:35 pm
I tuned into his show on WDTK tonight for the first time. Holy crap. This guy is something else. Rude to his co-host, grouchy (like me), and said possibly the stupidest things I've heard out of a broadcasters mouth. He is awful at reading commercial spots for restaurants, stumbling badly.
His shows are much better when he's interviewing somebody. The guests balance out his style and content, and sometimes even bring out a more polite and intelligent side of Ron.

The co-host was probably Matt, who is obviously intimidated by Cameron, who seems to enjoy bullying Matt and rarely thanks him for anything. It's embarrassing to listen to.

Cameron's regular callers (like Cowboy, Curt, and J.J.) also help make the show interesting.



borderboy653659200
Posts: 921
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by borderboy653659200 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:19 pm

Ionhere,Cameron has an eighth-grade education,the equivalent of a third-grade Canadian education .It's a wonder he's literate in cursive,let alone computers .



borderboy653659200
Posts: 921
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by borderboy653659200 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:28 pm

Matt's a young dude who,like me as a boy,was told by his parents to respect his elders,thus his deference to the unhealthy (he just had an operation to drain water from his brain which affected his balance ), 74-year-old Cameron . (Incidentally,who's grumpier,Cameron or 38-year-old Mike Valenti ? I hope Cameron gets Valenti as a guest. It would be must-hear radio .)
Cameron,in addition to his minimal education,likely has no more than dull-normal intelligence ,so like most older,intellectually-average-or-less people,he tends to live in the past both sports-wise and in his worldview, if he can be said to possess one .



borderboy653659200
Posts: 921
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by borderboy653659200 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:53 pm

Curt's Ronnie's best caller,but stumbles on name pronunciations,JJ I've summarized and Cowboy's.....Cowboy .



Mr.Transistor
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:43 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by Mr.Transistor » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:03 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:59 am
Y M Ionhere wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:35 pm
I tuned into his show on WDTK tonight for the first time. Holy crap. This guy is something else. Rude to his co-host, grouchy (like me), and said possibly the stupidest things I've heard out of a broadcasters mouth. He is awful at reading commercial spots for restaurants, stumbling badly.
His shows are much better when he's interviewing somebody. The guests balance out his style and content, and sometimes even bring out a more polite and intelligent side of Ron.

The co-host was probably Matt, who is obviously intimidated by Cameron, who seems to enjoy bullying Matt and rarely thanks him for anything. It's embarrassing to listen to.

Cameron's regular callers (like Cowboy, Curt, and J.J.) also help make the show interesting.
Bobbert, I agree with you on Kurt and JJ. Cowboy rambles on about things that make no sense and memorizes his sports encyclopedia prior to the show with his dates of death of athletes. He thinks he is a celebrity himself since he's never held a real job and has been calling sports talk shows for years. The show was much better without caller Cowboy last week as he was too cheap to call the international number since the 1-800 number was out of commission for the weekend. It's time for caller Cowboy to retire from calling the talk show circuit, he has become an embarrassment to himself.



User avatar
Myron Falwell
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:06 pm

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by Myron Falwell » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:49 am

borderboy653659200 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:55 am
Mr.Transistor,you're full of other things besides yourself.(Hint:My father,a slaughter house butcher during the seven years he was laid off at Ford Of Canada,had to clean it behind the pigs,cows and other animals he slew.) Frankly,though,WHY DOESN'T Ron get new,younger callers ? I mean,there are young sports fans in our area,you'd think they'd buzz Sir Graves Grumpy a few times .
No one under 35 bothers to tune in to a graveyard AM station like WDTK with a unappealing conservatalk format running on weekdays. Let alone on Saturday afternoons/evenings.

Cowboy still calls Ben Maller’s national show, and Ben typically puts him on right at the tail end, at 5:50am, playing the entire Fox Sports Radio library of sound effects behind his calls.



User avatar
Myron Falwell
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:06 pm

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by Myron Falwell » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:53 pm

EnbyCee wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:08 pm
I thought Cowboy stopped calling Maller. According to the Wikipedia entry for Maller's show that Cowboy edited to make mostly about himself.
LOL.

Not hard to see why Cowboy quit calling, Maller played every sound effect possible and talked with a hot mic whenever they took his call. You couldn't hear a damn word he said.



borderboy653659200
Posts: 921
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by borderboy653659200 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:51 am

Mr.Transistor,you know nothing about Cowboy,so you make inane "observations" about him. Cowboy has gotten two write ups in Windsor publications over the years about his sports expertise,so perhaps you're jealous of him ?



borderboy653659200
Posts: 921
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by borderboy653659200 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:53 am

Falwell,Cowboy can be heard just before 5:30 a.m. on the Ben Maller Show .His segment is about one hundred times more interesting than 97% of the posts to this chatboard.



borderboy653659200
Posts: 921
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by borderboy653659200 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:57 am

Falwell,nobody under 40 and with a higher than room temperature IQ listens to the Patriot or WJR's lineup of reactionary crackpots .



Mr.Transistor
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:43 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:54 pm

borderboy653659200 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:57 am
Falwell,nobody under 40 and with a higher than room temperature IQ listens to the Patriot or WJR's lineup of reactionary crackpots .
Crackpot----------Pot meet kettle :roll:



Mr.Transistor
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:43 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:55 pm

borderboy653659200 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:51 am
Mr.Transistor,you know nothing about Cowboy,so you make inane "observations" about him. Cowboy has gotten two write ups in Windsor publications over the years about his sports expertise,so perhaps you're jealous of him ?
Yep..... that's it. Jealous :rollin



borderboy653659200
Posts: 921
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by borderboy653659200 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:27 pm

Truth hurts,doesn't it,Mr.Transistor ?



Warriorstrong13610
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:36 pm

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by Warriorstrong13610 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:57 pm

Has anyone heard the sports show after Ron on WDTK? I have been a fan of Ron for a couple years and the kids after Ron go good together with Ron being grumpy and the kids after Ron being cheeky and somewhat fun. I think the show is called Dialed In Detroit. It’s a decent one two punch.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic