All accepted registrations through August 15 at 7:00p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Ron Cameron In One Word:

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Mr.Transistor

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:47 pm

That is probably true Momo. Perhaps Cowboy is doing something useful with his time these days? I know he's still rambling on about anniversaries and what not on Ron's show, until Ron can get another caller he can move on to. I missed the spanking.....

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:21 am

I’m predicting Glen Sather won’t be on today.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:43 am

If Glen Sather isn’t on today, will Ron react with bluster like he did with Anthony Fenech or will he excuse Sather or make some face-saving explanation? And if Sather does appear, how much of the “interview” will be devoted to their “friendship” and then hijacked by stories about Ron (Glen, do or did you know my buddy X?), with Sather passively listening in? We can anticipate Ron asking Sather what his biggest thrill in hockey was and maybe even if he always wanted to be in professional hockey. And, of course, we can anticipate Ron giving play-by-play of the early innings of another meaningless Tigers game. Looking forward to another show destined for the Broadcasting Hall of Fame!

313sports

Post by 313sports » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:02 pm

Was Ron ever good on radio? He and Bob did well on t.v but that's about it.

briangoleb

Post by briangoleb » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:11 pm

Lol..no glen sather today..poor Matt already abused by Ron only 2 minutes in.. hilarious stuff already..

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:17 pm

Methinks Ron's great friend Glen Sather will never be on the show. And what riveting stuff to start the show. So much time dedicated to putting up the stats of a future (??) guest!

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:24 pm

Today's show is quite a train wreck. He whispered to Matt to get out of the room lol. I liked the excuse about Sather coming on in 2 weeks now. He's never coming on.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:29 pm

Is there a more clueless caller than the obsequious JJ? He's bowing down to Ron for getting Sather on the show. News alert, JJ: he hasn't been on the show and likely will never be on the show!

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:34 pm

Ron has his priorities. He didn't read the sports page today because he wanted reading material for his dinner tonight at the Fenton Hotel! You just can't make this stuff up!

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:02 pm

What was up with all the whispering today? They act like we can’t hear. I had to laugh when Ron wanted William Gays stats but Matt had the wrong player and swore he never played for the Lions lol. Then Matt finally got his stats up and Ron commented on how heavy he got. Matt is a joke. He deserves to be embarrassed on the radio.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:43 pm

Ron’s either a complete nonentity in this market or so superior that no one would ever consider him to be Detroit’s worst sports media personality:
He's been a non-entity for at least three decades. Purchases his air time from WDTK.

All General Electric appliances manufactured within the past 15 years are garbage; avoid them like the plague!!!

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:40 am

Yes, my question suggested that answer. And to respond to 313sports, there's no way that this no talent could ever have been any good in this format. That, however momentarily, he had his own drive-time show on the then-WXYZ beggars belief. If you read Bob Talbert's contemporaneous columns, they are eerily reminiscent of the scathing contempt Ron generates on this board.

313sports

Post by 313sports » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:58 pm

What kills me is that he forces guests to do a full hour, and just drags it on with dumb questions. Every so often there's enough material for the full hour, but even then he'll make the guest listen to him ramble on. No wonder the same people come on and that's all he can get. As far as Matt goes, anytime he speaks it's cringeworthy.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:31 pm

Still trying to wrap my head around the fact that someone who, outside the show, has no access to the Internet, would not, at a minimum, read that day's Freep sports section because he'd rather have it to read later at dinner. Just an incredible lack of preparation and a real finger to the audience you just know this bitter man holds in such contempt.

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:09 pm

He's bullying Matt again haha. Does Matt work for the station??

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic