All accepted registrations through May 16 at 7:15p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Ron Cameron In One Word:

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Mr.Transistor

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:13 am

313sports wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:18 pm
Momo wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:23 am
"Decent" is quite a stretch, 313sports, when it comes to describing this utter train wreck. A (very) rare decent guest like Mark Wilson and/or Alex's presence helps, but it's like putting lipstick on a pig as long as Ron's involved. He's so ill-informed, petty, vengeful, narcissistic. Hmmm, who does he so remind me of?!
Good points. The pettiness comes across talking about Bob Page. Even Denny said that the relationship should be worked on. I feel bad for all of his producers though, no idea how they manage to deal with him.
He's very jealous that Bob Page was better known nationally than he ever was or could be. Denny had some very wise words for Ron about patching up that relationship. Ron is a very selfish, bitter fella and doesn't sound like he takes advice too well. Alex is the only one that knows how to handle him by giving it right back to him. He makes that show happen otherwise it's a complete train wreck. I listened the 1st hour last Saturday and couldn't take it anymore. I didn't listen Sunday, I don't care for Marc Wilson combined with no Alex makes a bad show in my humble opinion. One day we'll read about Ron taking his bitterness to the grave.

Warriorstrong13610

Post by Warriorstrong13610 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:27 pm

Did anybody hear Alex on the show after Ron’s show about 2 or 3 weeks ago? I wouldn’t mind him being either on that show or him getting his own.

Momo

Post by Momo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:15 pm

Warriorstrong13610, if Alex or anyone else is interested, there's now a 2-hour block of air time available Friday morning from 9-11 on WPON. I understand you can buy time there for as little as about $200 an hour.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:11 pm

$200 an hour? It used to be $100.

313sports

Post by 313sports » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:26 pm

Warriorstrong13610 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:27 pm
Did anybody hear Alex on the show after Ron’s show about 2 or 3 weeks ago? I wouldn’t mind him being either on that show or him getting his own.
Honestly it was entertaining. Great college basketball discussion with a more organized and thought-out format. No callers but still had a good show. Ron with no callers is lost and can't create content unless Alex does. He got the opportunity to share a full thought or 2 and it came off well.

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:11 pm

With the news that Ken Holland is out as GM, has anybody checked on Ron's well-being?! Holland was the only "current" guest Ron was able to get on his show. Ron, ever-obsequious (when it suits his interest), once actually said that Holland "could do no wrong." For all his criticisms of others as being homers, no one was more of a Holland homer (likely because he deigned to appear on Ron's show) than Ron. And on the homer issue, Ron's also quite the homer when it comes to umpires, his onetime avocation.

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:44 am

Mono ,Cameron invariably sucks up to people he likes (also see "Cowboy" Joe West,BY FAR baseball's oldest and crappiest ump, [and a prime candidate along with Reds radio analyst ,"Cowboy" Jeff Brantley,to receive the Brady Breaker after I defeat them in wrestling matches for the right to be called "Cowboy " ] but another Cameron acolyte,though understandable in this case because Cameron's failed umpiring "career" impels him to defend even the very worst sports officials .

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:46 am

Cameron is obsequious to Holland (and the Penguins' Jimmy Rutherford) because they reciprocate Ron's a**-kissing .

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:30 pm

Ron is obsequious to Holland wholly because he appears on his show. And anyone who appears on his show or he can - however tenuous or laughable - call a friend, is a “great” man.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:34 pm

As Ron is evidencing in his interview today with Phil Regan, the presence of a guest is just an opportunity for Ron to recycle his own stories. I often wonder what the guest is thinking when he sits at the other end of the phone listening to Ron ramble on.

313sports

Post by 313sports » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:51 pm

Momo wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:34 pm
As Ron is evidencing in his interview today with Phil Regan, the presence of a guest is just an opportunity for Ron to recycle his own stories. I often wonder what the guest is thinking when he sits at the other end of the phone listening to Ron ramble on.
Yeah he turned scouting and teaching into a story about Gary Legamena getting signed for 10k. Very pompous. I've never heard Alex as angry and loud as he was earlier in the hour about Andre Drummond and Blake Griffin. Good for him to call Ron out.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:52 pm

I remember his interview with Ramon Santiago - born in 1979 in the Dominican Republic - which began with literally at least 5 minutes of Ron's monologue about Debbie Reynolds, Eddie Fisher and Elizabeth Taylor.

313sports

Post by 313sports » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:38 am

Jack Morris is supposedly coming on after the season as announced yesterday. That'll be interesting after how much Ron has bashed him over the years. I'm sure he'll change his tune now though.

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:37 pm

313sports, I won't hold my breath waiting on Jack Morris making his appearance on Ron's show. I'm still waiting on Jim Palmer and countless others Ron has promised and repeatedly promoted to no avail.

And Ron hasn't merely bashed Jack Morris, but, out of his personal, petty animus, peddled scathing lies about him. Obvious lies for anyone with a clue about Jack's career. One which stands out, and one Ron has repeated even after being told it was untrue, relates to the end of Jack's career. In Ron's telling, Jack, at the end of his career, signed with the Twins, near his farm. He "stunk the joint out" that season and was scheduled to pitch the 2nd game of a doubleheader. According to Ron, Jack went to his manager, Tom Kelly, and asked if he could pitch the 1st game so he could leave to tend to his farm. With relish, Ron reports that Kelly thought about the request before telling Jack that he was being immediately released. Unfortunately for Ron's story, Jack pitched only one season with the Twins, right after leaving the Tigers, and was the ace of the World Series-winning Twins. He then pitched two seasons with the Blue Jays, before ending his career with the Indians. And his last game was not even against the Twins in Minnesota, but in Boston against the Red Sox.

Here, starting at 10:50, is Ron in action spreading this ridiculous canard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkmFyxy5OqU&t=709s

313sports

Post by 313sports » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:41 pm

That was some video. I think the conspiracy theories about Cal Ripken are off the wall also. Anything just to fit his views...what a shame.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic