All accepted registrations through May 16 at 7:15p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Ron Cameron In One Word:

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
SoupySez
Posts: 206
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:48 pm

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by SoupySez » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:39 pm

For all you Ron Cameron "lovers". Don't know if anyone posted this before, but I found it on You Tube. There's a few more on there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgZNuVu_WQ0



Mr.Transistor
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:43 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:03 pm

SoupySez wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:39 pm
For all you Ron Cameron "lovers". Don't know if anyone posted this before, but I found it on You Tube. There's a few more on there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgZNuVu_WQ0
I remember watching those when I was a kid. I miss the shows that him and Page did. Eli, Denny, and Page have a pretty good podcast going on right now, talk a lot about current topics in the sports world combined with stories from years ago. It makes a pretty interesting show. It seems like they run a couple times a week, run out of Drew Lane's basement with Page phoning it in from his home in Florida. It's good to hear Bob Page back on in this area, he hasn't changed.



Bobbert
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by Bobbert » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:51 pm

SoupySez wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:39 pm
For all you Ron Cameron "lovers". Don't know if anyone posted this before, but I found it on You Tube. There's a few more on there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgZNuVu_WQ0
I loved the "Who are these two clowns?" look on Chuck Daly's face.

Interesting to hear Kocur talking two weeks before the infamous night on the town by Kocur, Probert, and others before an important playoff game with Edmonton.



Mr.Transistor
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:43 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by Mr.Transistor » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:18 pm

I was going to call into Ron's show like I usually do but he started off his show as such a grump ass I decided not to waste my time with the guy. He rips that kid all the time, I forget his name his part time producer. This guy is such a crab ass.



borderboy653659200
Posts: 921
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by borderboy653659200 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:28 am

You'd be a crab-a** also,Mr. Transistor,if you were a fugly,undeucated 74-year-old dude who can't get his sports and world outlook out of the 50's and who sees more telegenic former colleagues such as Bob Page succeed while you remain at a right-wing wack-a-doodle Detroit station .Also,callers such as Cowboy and Curt challenge and successfully refute his antiquated opinions twice weekly .



Mr.Transistor
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:43 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:03 am

borderboy653659200 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:28 am
You'd be a crab-a** also,Mr. Transistor,if you were a fugly,undeucated 74-year-old dude who can't get his sports and world outlook out of the 50's and who sees more telegenic former colleagues such as Bob Page succeed while you remain at a right-wing wack-a-doodle Detroit station .Also,callers such as Cowboy and Curt challenge and successfully refute his antiquated opinions twice weekly .
Why don't you tell him how you really feel Cowboy? Instead for 40 years you call him up , kiss his ass, and never challenge him. But yet you come here on the buzzboard under borderboy, handsomebradybreaker, and the multitude of aliases and rip him, make fun of his looks, his lack of education. I must say for lack of education he has made a name for himself even though it sounds like he is not a man of wealth. C'mon get a backbone Cowboy are you afraid of your own shadow? What would Ferguson think of you hiding behind the mask??



borderboy653659200
Posts: 921
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by borderboy653659200 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:09 pm

Trust me,I've heard Cowboy challenge Cameron many,many,MANY times (such as his inane belief that Blake Griffin sucks,and Ndamukong Suh is useless),but as they say,you can lead a horse-or in Ron's case,a bitter geezer-to water,but you can't make him drink.Cowboy kisses NOBODY'S a** ,as that isn't part of his MO . And it's well known here in Windsor that Cowboy has Type Two Diabetes,closed-angle glaucoma which has robbed him of a quarter of his eyesight,including all of his peripheral vision,and mild traumatic arthritis in his right shoulder which severely restricts his range of motion,so Cowboy's got more serious problems than a crabby senior citizen who wants to live in a half-century ago .



borderboy653659200
Posts: 921
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by borderboy653659200 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:11 pm

And,I don't hide behind anything,including the fact that despite what you goobers believe,I am not and never have been Cowboy!!!!!!



borderboy653659200
Posts: 921
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by borderboy653659200 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:13 pm

Besides,this thread was started (not by me) long ago by someone (again,not me) bagging on Cameron's lack of education,looks and couth.And his "success" is due to something to which you boys lack the intellectual depth and/or honesty to admit,but is as real as my cover boy good looks-white male privilege .



borderboy653659200
Posts: 921
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by borderboy653659200 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:15 pm

And as a black man,I certainly do not fear my shadow,you,Cameron,or ANYONE ELSE,boyos !!!!



Mr.Transistor
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:43 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:47 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:03 am
borderboy653659200 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:28 am
You'd be a crab-a** also,Mr. Transistor,if you were a fugly,undeucated 74-year-old dude who can't get his sports and world outlook out of the 50's and who sees more telegenic former colleagues such as Bob Page succeed while you remain at a right-wing wack-a-doodle Detroit station .Also,callers such as Cowboy and Curt challenge and successfully refute his antiquated opinions twice weekly .
Why don't you tell him how you really feel Cowboy? Instead for 40 years you call him up , kiss his ass, and never challenge him. But yet you come here on the buzzboard under borderboy, handsomebradybreaker, and the multitude of aliases and rip him, make fun of his looks, his lack of education. I must say for lack of education he has made a name for himself even though it sounds like he is not a man of wealth. C'mon get a backbone Cowboy are you afraid of your own shadow? What would Ferguson think of you hiding behind the mask??
These links are just remarkable..... :lol I repeat Cowboy, are you afraid of your own shadow? What would cousin Ferguson think of you hiding behind the mask??

,but is as real as my cover boy good looks- borderboy653659200

https://www.facebook.com/BenMallerShow/ ... 966476451/

https://twitter.com/handsomebrad63

The GIG is up goober



borderboy653659200
Posts: 921
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by borderboy653659200 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:32 pm

I'm a black man...I can't be a goober,and I've no fear of anything save perhaps illness .



Y M Ionhere
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Where the sun no longer shines

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by Y M Ionhere » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:48 pm

I tuned in for about 5 minutes the other day and couldnt take it. The man cannot talk. He ends mid-sentence, gets confused and flustered, stammers, mumbles, and theres a lot of dead air with heavy breathing. He badly screwed up his advertisements-he sounded half-illiterate and messed up on the phone numbers. A worse than amateur speaker. An embarrassing wreck. How did he get a show?



borderboy653659200
Posts: 921
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by borderboy653659200 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:57 pm

Because,Y.M. Ionhere, he possesses the two criteria needed a half-century ago to get on the radio-the right skin colour and the right plumbing. Cameron didn't make it through the ninth grade,but he somehow was a minor-league umpire (he gave up that dream July 1,1970,the night Denny McLain returned from his half-season bookmaking suspension to a full house at Tiger Stadium ),met the right people (at least then,he had an Everyman charm which could draw some people to him ),and began his peripatetic,nearly half-century radio career. Also,in addition to his meager education,Cameron,never the best-looking dude,has become increasingly haggard and frail with age,unlike his former bud,Bob Page,whose mega-success Cameron envies . Add serious illness-recently,Cameron had an operation to relieve water on the brain-and there you have the Cliff's Notes version of the man's history



borderboy653659200
Posts: 921
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by borderboy653659200 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:40 am

How 'bout you ask Cowboy ? I'm sure that if you come to Windsor and chance upon him,he'd happily engage in some boy banter with you .



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic