All accepted registrations through September 8 at 11:45a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Ron Cameron In One Word:

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
wtfdetroit

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by wtfdetroit » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:52 pm

He's really going after Jim Price today saying he has a lifetime contract because he did something for Illitch but he won't tell us what he did.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:59 pm

wtfdetroit, you must not be a regular listener because - as Mark pointed out - Ron irrationally goes after Price & Dickerson all the time.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:50 pm

Next time Ron's critical of others as homers, while he states that he tells it like it is (the reason that no one would now ever hire him), just remember him saying - as he did again tonight - that he would've traded Justin Verlander straight-up for Jake Rogers!!! What an Avila slappy.

313sports

Post by 313sports » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:32 am

Telling it like it is about the ones you select to isint exactly honest radio. Appear on the show and that person automatically does a good job. Don't appear and it's the opposite.

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:35 pm

Glenn Sather is scheduled to be on the show Saturday. He doesn’t do talk shows, but he does Ron’s show. He has a special place in his heart for Ron. Can’t wait to hear what his greatest thrill in hockey has been.

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:31 pm

I'm sure something will come up and Glenn won't be able to make it.

Does anyone have any idea how much Ron pays to be on the radio?

briangoleb

Post by briangoleb » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:00 pm

Can't be a whole lot..not sure why the advertisers stay with him, he butcher's all the ads.. someone else should read them...

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:13 pm

I have not participated in his show on a regular basis over the last 3 months. His shtick has got really old, the only time it's a somewhat pleasant listen when Alex is producer. I come on here to get a few good laughs out of what guest stood him up and how he rips that one kid apart, I think it's Matt. That Matt seems to try but at times seems not quite knowledgeable himself. He needs to grow a pair if he doesn't want to be stepped on for his entire life. But Ron's shtick - coming in totally unprepared, never ever changing, being a complete grouch 90% of the time, and his refusal to make amends with his old sidekick Bob Page has really made me not like him. BTW the Eli, Denny, and Bob no filter podcast has been a very nice fresh sports show for those that have not listened. Funny how Bob Page left the Detroit market almost 30 years ago and is already success coming back in surpassing his buddy once again.

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:41 pm

The problem is that Matt doesn’t pay attention. He will ask a question that Ron and Mark were just done talking about and it makes for part of the train wreck.

313sports

Post by 313sports » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:58 pm

As I posted before, I think we really took Alex for granted the past 4 or so years. As Mr T above said, that's the only time it's somewhat pleasant to listen to. Matt has no understanding of show flow, and Ron gets nervous he'll say something at a bad time.

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:51 am

I think it was costing Ron about $200 either an hour or for both hours for his Friday show. I assume the rate might be higher for his show on WDTK, but he’s not on during premium hours.

And Matt’s 30 years old, so he’s no kid. And if his reading of emails is any indication, he’d be no better at reading the commercials than Ron.

313sports

Post by 313sports » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:10 am

Ron is too stubborn to let anyone read the ads. The fact that all are done live is kinda crazy.

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:44 am

Stubborn or so ungenerous and too unwilling to share the limelight? I’ve noticed that when Mark Wilson’s on the show, Ron greets callers by letting them know they’re on the air with Ron and Mark, rather than, as good manners would dictate, Mark and Ron.

Is Denny McLain still doing the show now that he has his own platform with his podcast?

What would you guess the size of Ron’s audience to be? At his non-peak radio hours, I can’t imagine it’d be anything but very small.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:24 pm

Well if Matt is 30yrs old he is much worse than I ever imagined, guess I was trying to be nice thinking he was just starting out or something. Denny has done the show a couple of times since he started up with the podcast. I would imagine he's due back up in the rotation soon - and he's always a great guest. That is a must listen no matter who the producer is. I don't know what his max audience is but it is typically the same old geezers that call in every week.

Momo

Post by Momo » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:27 am

It just seems that the Denny visits have become more infrequent since he launched his podcast & found another outlet to be heard.

Has Cowboy left the building? I don’t recall seeing any postings since he got spanked-down on the Jim Price Stinks thread.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic