All accepted registrations through July 14 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Ron Cameron In One Word:

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Momo
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by Momo » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:38 am

Something to the effect that his condition is worse than we’re being led to believe.



borderboy653659200
Posts: 1115
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by borderboy653659200 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:37 pm

Wonder what Cameron will say this weekend about David Ortiz' near-fatal shooting in the Dominican ?



wtfdetroit
Posts: 108
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:04 pm

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by wtfdetroit » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:47 pm

Momo wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:38 am
Something to the effect that his condition is worse than we’re being led to believe.
That I wouldn't doubt. It had to of been a severe stroke if he's still in the hospital for over 2 weeks. Sucks.



Momo
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by Momo » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:36 pm

It’s one thing, wtfdetroit, if he’s engaging in speculation, but another thing entirely for him to claim some insider information that he may not possess.



313sports
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:49 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by 313sports » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:07 pm

He only met him once so I'm sure there's no insider information



borderboy653659200
Posts: 1115
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by borderboy653659200 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:58 am

A Sunday caller told Ron that he viewed a website dedicated to keeping charities honest,and he discovered that Mrs. Price is being paid a seemingly exorbitant amount (in the $150,000-$200,000 Greenback$ ,according to the caller ) to run "Jack's Place," the Prices' charity inspired by Jackson Price,their autistic son .



Momo
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by Momo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:25 am

Cowboy, per guidestar.org, a seemingly more authoritative voice on the subject than a random, anonymous radio caller, for the fiscal year ending 9/30/17, the most recent available year, Jack’s Place for Autism paid out that year $112,915 for “salary, wage and payroll tax expense.” Not, I would think, an especially egregious amount.



Mr.Transistor
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:43 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:33 am

borderboy653659200 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:58 am
A Sunday caller told Ron that he viewed a website dedicated to keeping charities honest,and he discovered that Mrs. Price is being paid a seemingly exorbitant amount (in the $150,000-$200,000 Greenback$ ,according to the caller ) to run "Jack's Place," the Prices' charity inspired by Jackson Price,their autistic son .
That is completely irresponsible of him to let a caller on and make those claims. It is also completely irresponsible of him to make the claims about Jim Price and his activities related to the foundation. I should call in on Saturday and make a baseless derogatory claim about Blake Griffin, Lord knows how much he despises Blake Griffin because he called off his wedding prior to the big day. More fuel to the fire for his dislike of Blake.



Momo
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by Momo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:47 am

Ron should’ve said to the caller “you’re just guessing, I don’t want guessing,” something he’s wont to say to Matt when the preternaturally timid Matt weighs in on some subject. But since the caller was serving Ron’s interest in his jeremiad against Jim Price he was given free rein.



Mr.Transistor
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:43 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:41 pm

His more than part time producer Matt needs to grow a pair and stand up to Ron. Ron just runs over the guy like a bug. I feel sorry for the kid... Alex on the other hand will bark right back at him so Ron has learned to respect Alex and Alex has learned, I imagine over a long period of time exactly what Ron wants . Alex brings many good points to the table.



Momo
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by Momo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:44 pm

I, too, assumed Matt was young, but when an emailer made reference to Ron looking to his young producers to help him to navigate some current technology, Matt laughingly said he appreciated that he was thought to be young. Not a reaction you'd expect if he was, indeed, young.



Bobbert
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by Bobbert » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:04 pm

wtfdetroit wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:47 pm
Momo wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:38 am
Something to the effect that his condition is worse than we’re being led to believe.
That I wouldn't doubt. It had to of been a severe stroke if he's still in the hospital for over 2 weeks. Sucks.
A spokesman for his company said it would take some time for him to recover. That sounded like a hint that it's "worse than we’re being led to believe."



Bobbert
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by Bobbert » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:08 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:41 pm
...Alex has learned, I imagine over a long period of time exactly what Ron wants...
Matt needs to get better at anticipating the information that Ron wants. He often sounds surprised when Ron asks him a simple question like "What's the score?"



Bobbert
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by Bobbert » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:11 pm

Momo wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:47 am
Ron should’ve said to the caller “you’re just guessing, I don’t want guessing,” something he’s wont to say to Matt when the preternaturally timid Matt weighs in on some subject. But since the caller was serving Ron’s interest in his jeremiad against Jim Price he was given free rein.
On Saturday, Ron said that Price sounded like he was going to "have an orgasm" while talking about Miguel Cabrera, then did a funny imitation of Price's "Big Man" hero-worshiping.



313sports
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:49 am

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by 313sports » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:32 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:41 pm
His more than part time producer Matt needs to grow a pair and stand up to Ron. Ron just runs over the guy like a bug. I feel sorry for the kid... Alex on the other hand will bark right back at him so Ron has learned to respect Alex and Alex has learned, I imagine over a long period of time exactly what Ron wants . Alex brings many good points to the table.
He really helps keep Ron grounded and forms his own opinions. I don't think he disagrees with Ron just to do it. He seems sincere in his points while Matt just placates to Ron's ideas and agendas. I like honest radio with no personal bias and Ron has too much of the latter.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic