Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Momo

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Momo » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:36 pm

Ron had to be shamed by Ray into identifying his producer.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:38 pm

Some comments: All the grumbling in the background, the listeners can hear all that complaining at the kid producer. Bad radio but in Ron's case, normalcy. Paul Woods paying Jim Price a compliment and Ron never at all sympathetic even if Jim is ill with cancer, Ron has to get a shot in and tell Paul that Jim was a member of the 1968 team but did not play at all, keeping it classy there Ron. Ron trying to get Paul Woods to bite on Ron's comment that Ken Holland helped pave the way for Stevie's success with the extra draft picks that Holland left Stevie. Then I liked Paul's comment on that, " Ron I don't know what you're trying to say". Nice job Paul Woods not falling into the trap left sneaky Ron. Kurt from Fraser- the worst conspiracy take yet, inferring that Tiger management has told Miggy to not hit a home run so that they can benefit from the big crowds and publicity. And THEN saying they probably told him to hit it out on Thursday prior to the road trip. Ron of course does not shoot these wacked out theories down. That was a complete toilet take on Kurt's part.
Ron has got his usual rotation of guests in, so what is the plan next week? He cannot sustain open line past an hour. It's just crickets at that point. Ron big timing Mr. P and Cowboy.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:46 pm

Wilt's the GOAT. Bingo.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:48 pm

As befits someone who really doesn't know as much as he thinks, Ron is always overly obsessed with stats.

Majik

Post by Majik » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:16 pm

Momo wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:07 am
Always raising the bar, Bobbert! That has to be in the soundcast of the CinemaScope film starring William Bendix as the Scoop.
How fitting that casting is, since Bendix was the title character in the 1950 Hollywood classic Kill The Umpire.

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:07 am

On his "best" behavior in the presence of a respected guest, Ron was willing to cede the stage & allow Joe, his new (temporary?) producer (have we seen the last of Luke?), to ask Ray Scott a question, but you know that if Ray wasn't there Ron would've been all territorial, livid that Joe was "coming in" on him.

I was able to obtain footage of the background goings-on the previous hour, when Paul Woods was answering questions from a clearly distracted (& uninterested) Ron:

https://tenor.com/view/three-stooges-gif-10001666

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:52 am

It is funny that Ron does get all riled up about producers “coming in on him”!!! This new three hour slog begs for something/anything to ward off the snooze, and any other voice besides R-Sizzle is welcome. Maybe Ron can continue to set aside his ego and insecurity.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:50 pm

uncleb67 wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:52 am
It is funny that Ron does get all riled up about producers “coming in on him”!!! This new three hour slog begs for something/anything to ward off the snooze, and any other voice besides R-Sizzle is welcome. Maybe Ron can continue to set aside his ego and insecurity.
For the third hour, he should revive the old Purtan's People feature with a free form conference call, where everybody calls in at once and can talk with each other. He could call it Cameron's Characters.

Mark from Warren: When is your restaurant opening, Ron?
Curt from Fraser: I think we know the answer to that—never!
Mr. Positive: Oh come on, Curty Flirty, you little stinker, everyone has the power to chase the magic of their dreams, even R Sizzle.
Cowboy from Windsor: Did you know that on this day in 1963, the Hawaiian Gardens near Holly was advertising a complete dinner for $2.95?
Gary from Tawas: I think Ron should open up another sports bar, so I can give him all my musty memorabilia from Olympia Stadium.
J.J. from Lincoln Park: And I could give him my Bo Schembechler bobble head.
Curt from Fraser: Enough of this restaurant talk. The answer to Ron's trivia question is "Atlanta Braves."
Mark Wilson: You always say that. They should make that answer the RSTLNE of Ron's trivia questions. Oh Ron, that's a reference to Wheel of Fortune. I know you only watch Match Game.
Mr. Positive: If I sound a little down tonight, it's only because of the sad anniversary two days ago of Elvis Presley's passing. You are the Elvis of radio, Ron, but the real Elvis was The King.
Cowboy from Windsor: And it was also the 34th anniversary of the Flight 255 crash at Metro Airport.
Ron: Oh yeah, I think I remember that. Which reminds me of the last time I talked to Cory Lidle... (Ron hits the mute button and holds it for 15 minutes while he tells his standard CL story)

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:01 pm

Bobbert, I’d love to have all of our favorite callers together in-studio for a panel discussion with Ron. And he could have another very special episode devoted entirely to all of his former producers.

As we were made aware of Ron’s Monday doctor’s appointment, I’ve been closely watching the wires & the 24/7 news stations for any health updates. Here’s hoping that no news is good news in this instance.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:09 pm

Great, Rich Kincaide will be back tonight! I'm anxious to hear how his 20-year old book is selling.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:14 pm

No callers even at the start of the show (other than Mr. Positive)?! If Ron had callers, he wouldn't be going over his game-by-game Lions predictions.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:23 pm

Talk of Bill Freehan reminds me of one of my favorite (& oft-told) Cameron stories about Jim Northrup, another '68 Tiger who died of Alzheimer's. Northrup was a scheduled guest, hyped for weeks & the preceding hour of his expected appearance. After the news break, following some dead air, Ron announced that Jim Northrup wouldn't be on because "his wife says he has Alzheimer's." Northrup died just weeks later. Subsequently, Ron would (wrongly) say when Northrup's name was mentioned that he had been a guest right before he died.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:24 pm

In studio guest later, moving to the big time. I still
Think three hours will be a struggle to fill time

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:25 pm

Call is getting a bit interesting?

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:27 pm

Ron can freely talk under a guest, but a caller must be on his best behavior.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic