Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
edj

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by edj » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:23 am

“Ron” (Martin) is continuing on his rants about us. I’m now in it. He’s oblivious that I’m talking about one of his sponsors, and clueless to why I write I will try them in two or three weeks.

No wonder places don’t stick with the show very long.

Keep the comments coming Martin! The more you do, the more popular the Buzzboard becomes.

briangoleb14

Post by briangoleb14 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:43 am

This is all so hilarious... Martin just doesn't get it I guess.. All this is why Ron's show is such a train wreck..

Deleted User 15924

Post by Deleted User 15924 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:12 am

Post redacted. Link no longer works.
Last edited by Deleted User 15924 on Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:07 am

briangoleb14 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:43 am
This is all so hilarious... Martin just doesn't get it I guess.. All this is why Ron's show is such a train wreck..
Of course Martin doesn't get it.He has been in the radio industry for years and he is working for a pea shooter station that is paying him next to nothing. What do you expect.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:48 am

The best thing that Martin could do for himself is ignore us and stop commenting about us. It's something that is in his control. The main audience for our comments are the participants in this thread.

Martin should only care about the opinions of Sima, Ron, and himself. He should also ask Ron's advice about dealing with public criticism—Ron's been dealing with it for more than 40 years.
Last edited by Bobbert on Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:49 am

Martin paints the picture of Ron being in such precarious health, yet he also asks us to believe, in Ron's name, that Ron is embarking on ambitious plans. And Ron seems to belie Martin's characterization of his health by his statements that he expects to get the go-ahead for his knee replacement surgery.

And as for us (other than Frank & Rob) calling, we could expect Martin to put us on blast by reporting our contact information on Ron's X page. When I last called, admittedly to make some mischief, Ron instructed Martin to take down my number & call the cops on me! Martin should show some good faith by at least taking the emails from his banned group.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:55 am

People talk about the size and scope of the Marvel multiverse. It's got nothing on the Ron Cameron multiverse, with its ever proliferating number of story lines, subplots, perspectives, and characters.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:09 am

I took a fall color drive up to Fenton last night to visit Ron's most enduring sponsor—the Fenton Hotel. Since it was the Halloween season, I figured that would increase my chances of seeing the ghost of Al Capone.

I found the restaurant without any problem, in spite of the lack of a "Ron Cameron Eats Here" sign. The tavern side of the restaurant was pretty quiet, so I went to the grille side, where there was a lively atmosphere. If you like old, dark wood in dusky light, you'll like the atmosphere (which I did).

I enjoyed a nice meal of grilled chicken covered with Michigan cherries and several sides. The only bad thing about the meal was the price. I could easily get two reasonably good meals for the same price from Leo's or Ram's Horn.

When I got my bill, I mentioned to the friendly, outgoing waitress that I heard about the place on Ron Cameron's radio show. She didn't know him. I then mentioned that he's always talking about Al Capone's ghost, and I jokingly asked her, "Is that true?" She played along and said, "Yes, there are several ghosts here. We are on a historic registry for ghosts. They do some strange things some times." I laughed and said, "Thanks. That's what I'll tell everybody."

And, yes, it was "worth the drive," although the cost the of the meal will probably prevent a second trip. But the mixture of anticipation, novelty, a lively atmosphere, and good food made it worth doing once.

I don't call Ron's show, but I do try to support his sponsors. I hope that earns me some credit in the halls of WPON.

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:35 am

Bobbert wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:09 am
I took a fall color drive up to Fenton last night to visit Ron's most enduring sponsor—the Fenton Hotel. Since it was the Halloween season, I figured that would increase my chances of seeing the ghost of Al Capone.

I found the restaurant without any problem, in spite of the lack of a "Ron Cameron Eats Here" sign. The tavern side of the restaurant was pretty quiet, so I went to the grille side, where there was a lively atmosphere. If you like old, dark wood in dusky light, you'll like the atmosphere (which I did).

I enjoyed a nice meal of grilled chicken covered with Michigan cherries and several sides. The only bad thing about the meal was the price. I could easily get two reasonably good meals for the same price from Leo's or Ram's Horn.

When I got my bill, I mentioned to the friendly, outgoing waitress that I heard about the place on Ron Cameron's radio show. She didn't know him. I then mentioned that he's always talking about Al Capone's ghost, and I jokingly asked her, "Is that true?" She played along and said, "Yes, there are several ghosts here. We are on a historic registry for ghosts. They do some strange things some times." I laughed and said, "Thanks. That's what I'll tell everybody."

And, yes, it was "worth the drive," although the cost the of the meal will probably prevent a second trip. But the mixture of anticipation, novelty, a lively atmosphere, and good food made it worth doing once.

I don't call Ron's show, but I do try to support his sponsors. I hope that earns me some credit in the halls of WPON.
The waitress has probably unknowingly served Ron before. Like (most) everyone else, no one knows who Ron is anymore. Did - as Ron has oft-claimed - the menu mention that the restaurant was haunted? I know that it’s not to found on the online menu.

Majik

Post by Majik » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:34 am

With Ron’s fetish for ghosts, perhaps he should inquire about advertising at Ghost Tacos & Cocktails, located in front of the Costco facing M5 between 14 Mile & Maple.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:35 am

Momo wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:35 am
Bobbert wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:09 am

The waitress has probably unknowingly served Ron before. Like (most) everyone else, no one knows who Ron is anymore. Did - as Ron has oft-claimed - the menu mention that the restaurant was haunted? I know that it’s not to found on the online menu.
I looked all over for references to Al Capone's ghost but didn't find anything. While I was eating, I faced a big photograph of the bar from January 1958 that included a guy who died four months after the picture was taken. His ghost is probably in the building.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:34 pm

My thing with all of this is-A few of us virtually BS the show known as Sportstalk, it’s entertaining for us for a few hours over a weekend why that bugs certain folks, who knows

What I don’t get is why is X\Twitter postings done as someone else, when Ron is clearly not posting. As we know it’s a one man operation!

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:16 pm

I don't know why the waitress didn't know who Ron was. If and when he goes there, if the place is full and there is a line, he goes right to the hostess and says...wait for it...here it comes....I AM RON CAMERON, THE SPORTS TALK RADIO LEGEND...THE ELVIS OF SPORTS TALK RADIO...AND THROW SOME CUSTOMER OUT....I DEMAND TO BE SEATED NOW...SO GET WITH IT GERTIE!!!!!!"

Dan in Northville

Post by Dan in Northville » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:50 pm

Willie108 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:16 pm
I don't know why the waitress didn't know who Ron was. If and when he goes there, if the place is full and there is a line, he goes right to the hostess and says...wait for it...here it comes....I AM RON CAMERON, THE SPORTS TALK RADIO LEGEND...THE ELVIS OF SPORTS TALK RADIO...AND THROW SOME CUSTOMER OUT....I DEMAND TO BE SEATED NOW...SO GET WITH IT GERTIE!!!!!!"
Which no doubt elicits a "NOW SEE HERE, FELLA" from the incredulous waitress.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:59 pm

This is a trailer for a movie that I think would make a good template for a movie about Ron Cameron. Similarities include the exaggerated sense of self importance and the abusive treatment of assistants. The series of "I AM THE GREAT RON CAMERON" vignettes by Willie108 would give us a good start on this project.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic