Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Momo

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Momo » Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:05 pm

radiofan1974 wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:01 pm
MOMO: A "Cowboy" email? Asking about the Wings' playoff chances? No, that wasn't real. Cowboy should think about suing Ron for saying he asked that (banal) question.

It's a real e-mail. Is it fun QB wana be from buzzboard?

From “Ron’s” Twitter
Interesting. Thanks for reading, Martin. But your silence as to the all the other, er, questionable emails tells me that those are not real. Thanks for the clarification! And, btw, it's "wannabe."

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:10 pm

radiofan1974 wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:01 pm
MOMO: A "Cowboy" email? Asking about the Wings' playoff chances? No, that wasn't real. Cowboy should think about suing Ron for saying he asked that (banal) question.

It's a real e-mail. Is it fun QB wana be from buzzboard?

Cowboy does his dates of history in the e-mail.
It’s better if he called but he can't because we do not have an 1-800 number. Let's hear from you Momo, but won't call in.
Thanks also for the shout-out. An appearance on Ron's Twitter page is the kind of spontaneous publicity that's gonna make me.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/7003a38f-2 ... 5b904681cd

edj

Post by edj » Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:17 pm

As much as Ron and Martin say they don't care about us, Martin sure visits and reads a lot.

ShempLives

Post by ShempLives » Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:25 pm

Regarding events on November 9, German historians, etc. have begun referring to the date as "Schicksalstag" (Day of fate).https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9_Novembe ... an_history

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:57 pm

I wonder if the news of Gabe Kapler’s firing will reach Ron by Friday. Cowboy, you probably should send an email to let Scoop know. While at it, include some October 6th birthdays, deaths, etc., so we know it’s really you. A mere “hi” just won’t suffice.

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:55 pm

I caught a very small portion of the show today, just long enough to hear Scoop’s time-worn ranting about the quality and content (or lack thereof) of Detroit’s newspapers. Ron saying he likes to “read (his newspaper) and eat (his breakfast)” is just such an unappealing vision in my mind’s eye!

sparty89

Post by sparty89 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:10 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:32 am
Working with Ron Cameron might lead Martin to rip up his FCC card, because of Ron's off-color remark about Aretha Franklin.
What did Ron say about Aretha and Big Beaver Road? I didn't hear it clearly.

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:22 am

sparty89 wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:10 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:32 am
Working with Ron Cameron might lead Martin to rip up his FCC card, because of Ron's off-color remark about Aretha Franklin.
What did Ron say about Aretha and Big Beaver Road? I didn't hear it clearly.
If I recall yesterday, it was some attempt by Ron at humor/controversy as he made a mention of how “they” used to refer to Aretha as “The Big Beaver”…then he tried to dismiss it, with an “I won’t go there” or something. Whatever the basis for his statement, it was equally lame, adolescent, and just added nothing to show, other than to fill a few seconds of air time. Martin acknowledged the tastelessness of it.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:21 am

The Twitter banter from “Ron’s” Twitter account continues

Sure you can correct my spelling but you are scared of calling into the show, momo. You are not on the ban list which you keep telling your minions that you are on. 🤣

Thanks for listening! :)

MOMO: Thanks also for the shout-out. An appearance on Ron's Twitter page is the kind of spontaneous publicity that's gonna make me.

yeah, you are so popular man, so far you posted 9,296 I call that wasting your life away, but, to each its own.

edj.. As much as Ron and Martin say they don't care about us, Martin sure visits and reads a lot.

--You sure don't understand radio do you, I'm old school, I do a lot with your e-mail address that you don't know about. 😇 Thanks for listening!

edj

Post by edj » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:41 am

Thanks for the shoutout Martin! I'm sure the Buzzboard appreciates the free publicity too.

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:14 am

radiofan1974 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:21 am

Sure you can correct my spelling but you are scared of calling into the show, momo. You are not on the ban list which you keep telling your minions that you are on. 🤣

MOMO: Thanks also for the shout-out. An appearance on Ron's Twitter page is the kind of spontaneous publicity that's gonna make me.

yeah, you are so popular man, so far you posted 9,296 I call that wasting your life away, but, to each its own.

edj.. As much as Ron and Martin say they don't care about us, Martin sure visits and reads a lot.

--You sure don't understand radio do you, I'm old school, I do a lot with your e-mail address that you don't know about. 😇 Thanks for listening!
As for my "ban," Martin, Ron has - more than once - "banned" me. It's been several years now. I obviously took the "ban" as seriously I do Ron's other pronouncements. Although Ron/you have banned many emailers, I question - what with just "seven callers" - your indictment, Martin, even before the loss of some of his regulars - Ron would actually really put any real person on a banned caller list. If I'm wrong, I'm sure you'll correct the record.

And you may think I'm "wasting [my] life away[,]" but I dare you to tell that to my co-worker here at Denny's, Al Avila!

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:31 am

This is not the first time Martin has hijacked Ron's Twitter page to come after us:
Momo wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:43 am
Ron Cameron Sports Talk on Twitter: "Ron Cameron Post by ... His biggest asset listed in the public filing is a car valued at $5400. I want to feel sorry for him but I can’t because he’s such an arrogant person. Yet they still listen to my show! haha.. They won't call in because they're scared! https://t.co/J14IcMtCax" / Twitter
Momo wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:43 am
Ron Cameron Sports Talk on Twitter: "Ron Cameron ... I was looking stuff up in federal court filings database and out of curiosity I looked up Ron and found that he filed for bankruptcy in 2010 after one of his restaurant disasters. This ... guy has never owned a business. but he sounds like an expert." / Twitter
Momo wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:44 am
Ron Cameron Sports Talk on Twitter: "That's some haters but yet they listen to my show every Friday/Saturday. They won't call in because they're scared, yet, they talk big on buzzboard! ha ha. Thanks for making a 134 thread on me. ;) I am glad I am renting space in your little brains. https://t.co/mDXL3AgwnR" / Twitter

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:37 am

All thoughts today are with Dave from Windsor. One of his greatest wishes has come true—Miguel Cabrera no longer plays for the Detroit Tigers.

Listen to Dave describe this wish in his own words. (He's the first caller in each segment)

May 8, 2022

https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/7eb0a ... y-8th-2022

May 15, 2022

(Dave also endears himself eternally to the Buzzboard by referring to Ron Cameron as "what's his name")

https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/7eb0a ... -15th-2022

May 22, 2022

https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/7eb0a ... -22nd-2022

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:13 am

Momo wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:14 am
radiofan1974 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:21 am

As for my "ban," Martin, Ron has - more than once - "banned" me. It's been several years now. I obviously took the "ban" as seriously I do Ron's other pronouncements. Although Ron/you have banned many emailers, I question - what with just "seven callers" - your indictment, Martin, even before the loss of some of his regulars - Ron would actually really put any real person on a banned caller list. If I'm wrong, I'm sure you'll correct the record.

And you may think I'm "wasting [my] life away[,]" but I dare you to tell that to my co-worker here at Denny's, Al Avila!
On the subject of enemies lists, I seem to have joined the list of a Buzzboard poster:

https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 07#p759018

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:34 am

I just wonder why the Twitter posts are written as “Ron” there are obvious reasons but would Ron be happy that he has a internet co-host especially how he talked proudly about being a one man operation

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic