Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WWJ overnight anchor Jim Matthews killed

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: WWJ overnight anchor Jim Matthews killed

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Sentencing for the killer happened today. Read the below article at your own risk; some gory things are reported.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 254238007/

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:29 pm

"Guertin testified that she had known Williamson about two years, that they did drugs together and had an intimate relationship in the past..."

Yeah, keeping old fuck buddies around, especially ones you get high with, is ALWAYS a good idea 🙄

I completely agree with the sentiment that if you want to kill others and kill yourself, just go ahead and kill yourself. Save us the heartache.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:50 pm

I wrote the following on October 25:
Jim probably went to work, and then Nicole and Arthur likely hung out and did drugs together from time to time. Other than a sexual affair (which seems unlikely), why else would ANOTHER MAN who isn't family be invited by Nicole to Jim's house???
Turns out they did drugs together (including that fateful night) *and* had a sexual relationship, too.

Guess I was wrong about the latter being "unlikely."

I'm relieved she doesn't have custody of those children.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:25 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:29 pm
"Guertin testified that she had known Williamson about two years, that they did drugs together and had an intimate relationship in the past..."

Yeah, keeping old fuck buddies around, especially ones you get high with, is ALWAYS a good idea 🙄

I completely agree with the sentiment that if you want to kill others and kill yourself, just go ahead and kill yourself. Save us the heartache.
Speaking of problems of FB...

A friend of mine was doing engineering work on an FM in Chicago with the station's engineer during the overnight hours. The Station Engineer told his wife the work would probably take all night.

The new equipment install went well, maybe a little too well, and they left the Sears' tower in about and hour. The station engineer return home to find his wife in bed with another man, an argument occurred and station engineer killed him.

At o' dark thirty, police show up at the hotel to question my friend - of course he was clueless about any of it, and was in shock.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:32 pm

audiophile wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:25 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:29 pm

Speaking of problems of FB...

A friend of mine was doing engineering work on an FM in Chicago with the station's engineer during the overnight hours. The Station Engineer told his wife the work would probably take all night.

The new equipment install went well, maybe a little too well, and they left the Sears' tower in about and hour. The station engineer return home to find his wife in bed with another man, an argument occurred and station engineer killed him.

At o' dark thirty, police show up at the hotel to question my friend - of course he was clueless about any of it, and was in shock.
I just don't understand infidelity and being unfaithful. My parents' divorced in 2001 over infidelity, which would have been bad enough, but it was who it was done with. That fucked me up for life and I have zero sympathy or anything for cheating.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:22 am

Sorry, they put you through that. Sounds like a big mess.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:32 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:39 pm
I'd love to know why a man previously convicted of assault with intent to murder and previously arrested multiple times for kidnapping was out on the streets as a free man.
I unfortunately can't answer your question, but a similar situation occurred with the perpetrator of the recent MSU shooting incident. The party had various issues with weapons handling in his recent past, and after a slam-dunk, well documented violation was dealt down to a misdemeanor rather than a felony. Had they stuck with the felony, he would have been incarcerated on the day of the MSU incident.

It was quietly mentioned here and there, but the facts are undeniable and rather powerful.

Unfortunately, the facts didn't fit the media spin.

The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:04 am

The judges, prosecutors, whomever who make such terrible decisions need to be held accountable. Reporters should be barreling into their offices demanding answers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:23 am

+1

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:26 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:04 am
The judges, prosecutors, whomever who make such terrible decisions need to be held accountable. Reporters should be barreling into their offices demanding answers.
We already have more people incarcerated as a percentage of our population than any other country in the world. Throwing people in jail and throwing away the key just doesn't work economically. There is absolutely no effort to rehabilitate people, or likely in the case of the MSU guy, work on mental health issues. Our jails and homeless shelters have replaced the mental institutions and it's a complete failure because they leave jail with no realistic coping skills to live in normal life. Keep him in jail sounds like a great idea but it's just simply failing and there has to be a different model. And I agree 100% just simply lowering the charges and letting them out without any Rehabilitation is the worst of all outcomes.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:02 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:26 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:04 am
We already have more people incarcerated as a percentage of our population than any other country in the world. Throwing people in jail and throwing away the key just doesn't work economically. There is absolutely no effort to rehabilitate people, or likely in the case of the MSU guy, work on mental health issues. Our jails and homeless shelters have replaced the mental institutions and it's a complete failure because they leave jail with no realistic coping skills to live in normal life. Keep him in jail sounds like a great idea but it's just simply failing and there has to be a different model. And I agree 100% just simply lowering the charges and letting them out without any Rehabilitation is the worst of all outcomes.
Thank you Community Mental Health Act of 1963. They encouraged the closure of mental hospitals by the different states in exchange for funding of a new outpatient system. The hospitals closed and the funding never happened.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:48 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:02 am
Thank you Community Mental Health Act of 1963. They encouraged the closure of mental hospitals by the different states in exchange for funding of a new outpatient system. The hospitals closed and the funding never happened.
"I'm from the Federal Government and I'm here to help".

:rollin

Everybody looks to the feds to pay for stuff, but they could do the same thing, cheaper (and probably much better) if they tried to implement the solution(s) locally, whether on a city, county, or statewide basis.

In the end, the same folks are actually paying the bills (us), so why not try and do it the best and cheapest way possible?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:08 pm

I agree that in many states that would indeed be true. Michigan, though, usually does stuff "bass ackwards."

Case in point - community colleges in Michigan. Nolan Finley wrote a great column on that topic a day or two ago.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:00 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:06 pm
Sentencing for the killer happened today. Read the below article at your own risk; some gory things are reported.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 254238007/
"By Zoom, he faced Matthews' girlfriend, Nichole Guertin, who read from a statement saying Matthews "needs a voice today and for all he has done for his family, he deserves justice."

Is that bitch delusional? She invited this shithead into her home, did drugs with him and slept with him while Jim was out making a living for the family. She obviously had zero respect for him, but now wants to "provide a voice"? How was she even allowed remotely close to these proceedings, much less give that kind of statement?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:58 pm

Arguably, she should be prosecuted for child endangerment. In fact, I think she should.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic