Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
radiofan1974

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by radiofan1974 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:58 am

While radio stations do live reads for ads, so it does go on I wonder what the impression is when R-sizzle walks into a place. At least as a owner you are familiar and heard of the local names around town that have shows.

Always interesting and I guess a credit to him, that he gets these places to advertise on a Sunday-soon to be Saturday and Sunday show, that many of us hear through the internet due to signal

Momo

Post by Momo » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:22 pm

I wonder what the going rate is for an exclusive, in-studio, "interview"? The Buzzboard regulars could advertise this thread, meet Ron & see "how the sausage is made" in one fell swoop. "Tell the people where they can see this thread?"

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:35 pm

radiofan1974 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:58 am
While radio stations do live reads for ads, so it does go on I wonder what the impression is when R-sizzle walks into a place. At least as a owner you are familiar and heard of the local names around town that have shows.

Always interesting and I guess a credit to him, that he gets these places to advertise on a Sunday-soon to be Saturday and Sunday show, that many of us hear through the internet due to signal
The reaction to Ron is probably similar to the one employee's reaction to a request for an "honest opinion."

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:01 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:35 pm
radiofan1974 wrote:

From what I recall, when pitching his ads, Ron does make his humble little show seem like a much bigger player in the radio world than we all know it is. Over a decade ago, R-Sizzle began attempting to get the owners of the business I work at to buy an ad. The owners did sense something was a little off with RC, and declined to enter the agreement. After that, RC got REAL ugly with them. I guess that’s his “closer” technique.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:37 pm

uncleb67 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:01 pm
radiofan1974 wrote:

From what I recall, when pitching his ads, Ron does make his humble little show seem like a much bigger player in the radio world than we all know it is. Over a decade ago, R-Sizzle began attempting to get the owners of the business I work at to buy an ad. The owners did sense something was a little off with RC, and declined to enter the agreement. After that, RC got REAL ugly with them. I guess that’s his “closer” technique.
I wonder how he describes the audience to his "potential" advertisers. In this ratings list, WDTK doesn't even appear.

https://ratings.radio-online.com/content/arb011

ShempLives

Post by ShempLives » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:02 pm

In fairness to Ron's sales pitch, Salem Media Group (owner of WDTK) may not subscribe to the Nielsen service, hence no listing.https://www.insideradio.com/free/non-su ... a77bd.html

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:33 pm

ShempLives wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:02 pm
In fairness to Ron's sales pitch, Salem Media Group (owner of WDTK) may not subscribe to the Nielsen service, hence no listing.https://www.insideradio.com/free/non-su ... a77bd.html
Thanks. In the WDTK media kit, they focus a lot on digital marketing, using streaming sessions as a major metric of listenership.

https://cdn.saleminteractivemedia.com/2 ... 3-2022.pdf

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:37 pm

I wonder if the reasonL
Luke is not taking callers other than the regulars is because he wants to sabotage Ron's show.He might be jealous that Ron is getting a better time slot than him.If true that would make Luke a back stabbing prick,instead of an oaf who is subserviant to Ron.

Majik

Post by Majik » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:31 pm

Kidcat wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:37 pm
I wonder if the reasonL
Luke is not taking callers other than the regulars is because he wants to sabotage Ron's show.He might be jealous that Ron is getting a better time slot than him.If true that would make Luke a back stabbing prick,instead of an oaf who is subserviant to Ron.
How unfortunate for Luke, the poor sap. It sounds like a damned if he do or damned if he don’t type situation.

Momo

Post by Momo » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:38 pm

Bobbert wrote:
The reaction to Ron is probably similar to the one employee's reaction to a request for an "honest opinion."
Fitting that the actor playing the salesman is the same actor, Frank Morgan, who was the Wizard in the Wizard of Oz. There’s something of a “pay no attention to that man behind the curtain” when it comes to the phenomenon that is "the great & powerful" Ron Cameron.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:51 pm

Momo wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:38 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Fitting that the actor playing the salesman is the same actor, Frank Morgan, who was the Wizard in the Wizard of Oz. There’s something of a “pay no attention to that man behind the curtain” when it comes to the phenomenon that is "the great & powerful" Ron Cameron.
Good analogy. Both are masters of flustered impatience.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:08 pm

Ron must have been dancing in the isles at Rams Horn today with the possible news of Miguel “combero” possibly wrapping it up after this season.

Majik

Post by Majik » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:22 pm

radiofan1974 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:08 pm
Ron must have been dancing in the isles at Rams Horn today with the possible news of Miguel “combero” possibly wrapping it up after this season.
If it happens I’m sure Ron will take credit for getting him out of town. Now if they would also move on from their broadcast and PR teams Ron will be sporting permanent wood.

Momo

Post by Momo » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:15 pm

Majik wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:22 pm
radiofan1974 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:08 pm
If it happens I’m sure Ron will take credit for getting him out of town. Now if they would also move on from their broadcast and PR teams Ron will be sporting permanent wood.
But when even Lynn Henning is observing that Chris Ilitch - Ron's protege - will have "little choice" but to replace Avila after the season, Ron's era of good feelings will likely be short-lived.

1alexalway

Post by 1alexalway » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:49 pm

I talked to Ron yesterday..Ike Blessitt apparently called Ron back and asked if he still wanted him to come on the show still. So that's this weekend's guest. I'm looking at doing the show on the 21st to preview football and the stretch run in baseball.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic