Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Majik

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Majik » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:35 pm

I see that Jerry Green has an article in the latest Hour Detroit magazine where he rips Ford ownership of the local 11. I am not surprised that it wasn’t promoted. I don’t recall hearing it mentioned during the show. It’s not like Ron does any advance prep on his guests. All of these years he brags about being in the talk show business but it seems like he has learned nothing. Speaking of which, when and where did he start this longest running talk show in the world.

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:37 pm

After the Easter Weekend snooze fest, I was looking forward to a good show. With all due respect to Mr. Green, listening to him on radio was a tough listen. When was the last time a guest was on that was younger than 50?

I did like the nameless producer getting some time to speak.

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:18 pm

OUR HERO JUST WON'T STOP

Ron to Business Owner: I'm baaaaack!!!!

Business Owner: OH NO...not you again. What are you...some kind of stalker???

Ron: No....I AM A LEGEND!!! I AM THE KING OF ALL MEDIA...FOR OVER 50 YEARS!!!!

Business Owner: Yeah...well I heard you with that Jerry Green guy. He was a great reporter back in the day.

Ron: He's was another no talent bum. I had the guy on just to humor him with my stories. After all...I AM A SPORTS TALK RADIO LEGEND. Didn't you get the idea when my 4 callers picketed your business.

Business Owner: No I didn't. And by the way, they bought some stuff here. I made a killing. I'll tell ya....the guy next door has a Hookah Lounge. He probably LOVE to advertise on your show.

Ron: Hooker Lounge???? You mean ladies of the evening, B-girls, and concubines????

Business Owner: NO.....it's a HOOKAH LOUNGE. Geez Mack, I thought a legend like you could figure that out!

Ron: Look buddy, how could I figure that out. One of my advertisers is a shop that has comic books and some crazy thing called Pokémon. I bet they even have old videos of Buster Keaton and The Keystone Cops.

Business Owner: Hey Mack....you better get out there....the cops are writing a ticket on your 1964 Pontiac. What did you do....park in front of a fire plug?????

Ron: no...the cops want an autograph. The fireman just love and idolize me too....because.....I AM A LEGEND!!!!!!!!

Momo

Post by Momo » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:37 pm

Not that stats-only Ron would be persuaded, but The Athletic's Sam Vecenie, in an article about re-drafting the NBA’s 2021 class, has Cade Cunningham as the class of that draft:

"Cunningham would not be my Rookie of the Year pick, given the yearlong consistency of how good the following two guys on this list were. But I’m still rocking with him, long-term, as the guy to bet on in this class, and his close to the season is the biggest reason why. I thought Cunningham’s close for the Pistons was a better stretch than any other rookie this season. In his final 21 games, Cunningham averaged 21 points, 5.8 rebounds and 6.4 assists per game while shooting 45 percent from the field.

The 3-point shot didn’t fall at the level expected, but I’m not all that worried long-term. He suffered an ankle injury entering the season, and those can be extremely difficult to come back from. He has a smooth release with good footwork that should translate to him being an effective pull-up shooter. He makes effective reads out of ball screens and consistently keeps the ball moving offensively. He’s unselfish. His assists don’t come as a function of him dribbling the ball into the ground but rather from decisions that keep the ball moving around the perimeter or off drive-and-kicks. On top of the offense, he was an effective, switchable defender, which should translate toward him being a plus defender in big moments.

Everything about Cunningham’s game translates toward effectiveness in the playoffs, as soon as the shot translates. I think he’s the guy I most buy turning into a top-10 player in the league at some point."

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:33 pm

Oh boy Ron is going to get on the phone and call the illitches and express his anger!

Jeff blashill will not be back. I will also say he ties Tyler burtuzzi and his vaccine status for blashill’s dismissal

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:15 pm

Just saw that Mark Wilson will NOT be on the show tomorrow. What's our hero gonna do?????

1alexalway

Post by 1alexalway » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:38 pm

Willie108 wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:15 pm
Just saw that Mark Wilson will NOT be on the show tomorrow. What's our hero gonna do?????
I'm going to be the guest from 7-9 tomorrow instead of next week. Next week's guest is scheduled to be George Blaha. For once, Ron's famous line of "There's alot to talk about" is true, and a different opinion on some topics is needed. I'm sure he'll try and blame Yzerman for the Wings failures this season, but we'll see.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sun May 01, 2022 7:51 am

1alexalway wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:38 pm
Willie108 wrote:
I'm going to be the guest from 7-9 tomorrow instead of next week. Next week's guest is scheduled to be George Blaha. For once, Ron's famous line of "There's alot to talk about" is true, and a different opinion on some topics is needed. I'm sure he'll try and blame Yzerman for the Wings failures this season, but we'll see.
Get ‘em Alex lol

Looking forward to the talk.

Maybe a couple points to discuss during your time

Tigers-To early to worry or oh boy in trouble, how many years do we “rebuild” I know Ron is a Avila sloppy

Wings-New coach but with the wings having young solid players and some spending cash (I know Ron won’t like that) it’s a pretty good destination job

Lions-Fresh off the draft, what’s the way to early grades?

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun May 01, 2022 8:59 am

Do you know what happened with Mark, Alex? It's not like Mark to skip out on a commitment to Ron.

If Ron starts to veer off into the land of predictions (Stanley Cup, NBA Championship, Tigers/Lions win totals), please head this discussion off by asking Ron to go over his Bobbert-created Wikipedia page.

1alexalway

Post by 1alexalway » Sun May 01, 2022 10:06 am

Momo wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 8:59 am
Do you know what happened with Mark, Alex? It's not like Mark to skip out on a commitment to Ron.

If Ron starts to veer off into the land of predictions (Stanley Cup, NBA Championship, Tigers/Lions win totals), please head this discussion off by asking Ron to go over his Bobbert-created Wikipedia page.
Not anything specific, just that he called Ron and had to postpone his appearance. I was going to do next weekend but got asked to do this weekend because of it.

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Sun May 01, 2022 10:42 am

I think it was a good move on Mark Wilson's part to,cancel.Going on with Ron cannot help his chances of landing a full time job.It only points out how far he has fallen.I like Mark,and hope he can land on his feet.I would love to see him come back to detroit.Pair him with Mr Positive put them on afternoon drive.They would give Valenti and Rico a run for their money.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun May 01, 2022 10:46 am

1alexalway wrote:
Willie108 wrote:
Alex, I'd be interested in your opinion about the Chicago Cubs. Five years ago, they looked like an organization that had really put it together and would be successful for a long time. Then they had the big selloff last year.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun May 01, 2022 10:49 am

radiofan1974 wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 7:51 am
1alexalway wrote:
Willie108 wrote:
Get ‘em Alex lol

Looking forward to the talk.

Maybe a couple points to discuss during your time

Tigers-To early to worry or oh boy in trouble, how many years do we “rebuild” I know Ron is a Avila sloppy

Wings-New coach but with the wings having young solid players and some spending cash (I know Ron won’t like that) it’s a pretty good destination job

Lions-Fresh off the draft, what’s the way to early grades?
On this International Workers' Day, will Comrade Kurt give an emotional plea for the welfare of the oppressed major league baseball player, struggling to survive on a first year salary of $700,000 and an average annual salary of more than $4 million?

Has Ron found a way to root against Red Wing rookies Moritz Seider and Lucas Raymond for the NHL Rookie of the Year, like he did with Cade Cunningham of the Pistons in the NBA?

Has Ron patched up his problems with the press box manager at Comerica Park? Or will Ron keep demanding full access to the buffet table, instead of just the leftovers?

Will Cowboy once again show his tolerance and civility, like he did last week when he talked about calling a talk show host "fat boy" and threatening that host with physical violence?

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun May 01, 2022 10:51 am

Momo wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 8:59 am
I think he's embarrassed that his beloved VGK's (Vegas Golden Knights for most people) didn't make the playoffs. He's always enjoyed bragging about them.

jsf

Post by jsf » Sun May 01, 2022 2:09 pm

As a big fan of Al Avilla Ron should be asked why it is that NO starting pitcher from last year and this year has a WINNING record. Avilla is no judge of talent, He paid big money for a catcher this season who appears to be average when he gave away McAnn who turned out to bee an allstar and signed a big contract in New York,not to mention last years Cy Young winner Rob Roy was a Tiger. He also had to pay big bucks for a SS when he got rid of Igielas and Suarez. The Tigers will not go anywhere with a GM that gets rid of good players

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic