Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
uncleb67

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by uncleb67 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:19 pm

SportsTalk, through no trying or doing of its host, has literally become “appointment listening”! People here are outlining what they do on Sunday and the rest of the week in an effort to catch up with Ron Cameron and what’s going on in his world! I basically miss the show due to commitments every week, yet catch up on the play-by-play here later on Sunday, then listen later in the week, when the podcasts post. Obviously, Ron doesn’t care, but I can tell the shows on 97.1 don’t “move the needle” here on the BuzzBoard and elsewhere! This audience for SportsTalk, however humble in size and reach, is without question, passionate!

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:50 pm

Nice call with Dave from Windsor last Sunday. He's been legally blind for all 63 years of his life, but he seems to have a positive attitude. At the risk of sounding like Cowboy, I've had blindness in my family and have learned the value of a good attitude from these relatives.

Majik

Post by Majik » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:52 pm

uncleb67 wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:19 pm
SportsTalk, through no trying or doing of its host, has literally become “appointment listening”! People here are outlining what they do on Sunday and the rest of the week in an effort to catch up with Ron Cameron and what’s going on in his world! I basically miss the show due to commitments every week, yet catch up on the play-by-play here later on Sunday, then listen later in the week, when the podcasts post. Obviously, Ron doesn’t care, but I can tell the shows on 97.1 don’t “move the needle” here on the BuzzBoard and elsewhere! This audience for SportsTalk, however humble in size and reach, is without question, passionate!
I wonder if more people listen to the show or view the traffic here on buzzboard

Majik

Post by Majik » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:54 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:50 pm
Nice call with Dave from Windsor last Sunday. He's been legally blind for all 63 years of his life, but he seems to have a positive attitude. At the risk of sounding like Cowboy, I've had blindness in my family and have learned the value of a good attitude from these relatives.
I sometimes have to turn a blind eye to family.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:08 pm

Not to many brokered radio shows I believe have the following R-sizzle has on a Sunday night, he never acknowledge this but this board generates interest for him

As crazy as this sounds and as no sense Ron makes, its entertainment and its must listen to radio lol

Majik

Post by Majik » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:02 pm

radiofan1974 wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:08 pm
Not to many brokered radio shows I believe have the following R-sizzle has on a Sunday night, he never acknowledge this but this board generates interest for him

As crazy as this sounds and as no sense Ron makes, its entertainment and its must listen to radio lol
Unfortunately, this probably tells us a lot about the state of SE Mi radio.

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:34 pm

Majik wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:52 pm
uncleb67 wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:19 pm
I wonder if more people listen to the show or view the traffic here on buzzboard
I have a feeling more people follow on here

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:06 am

I am guessing many of you know this but it appears our very own cowboy not only Calls in to National
Shows but appears to have a “segment”

Listening this morning to the “Brian now show” a fox sports overnight early morning Saturday show and as the show was wrapping up, the host says cowboy your next, so I am thinking our cowboy?

And would you know it with George Michael careless whisper playing he the background he has about a minute to spew out sports history. And it appears he has a tag line when he’s done. Something about a real cowboy

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:50 am

radiofan1974 wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:06 am
I am guessing many of you know this but it appears our very own cowboy not only Calls in to National

Listening this morning to the “Brian now show” a fox sports overnight early morning Saturday show and as the show was wrapping up, the host says cowboy your next, so I am thinking our cowboy?

And would you know it with George Michael careless whisper playing he the background he has about a minute to spew out sports history. And it appears he has a tag line when he’s done. Something about a real cowboy
To think that Cowboy has a wider listenership than Ron.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:36 am

radiofan1974 wrote:

That's probably been going on for awhile. Here's something similar from 2009:

(https://www.radiodiscussions.com/thread ... ub.568900/)

"One of the Fox Sports shows that I didn't think was too bad was Ben Maller (now on weekends)...I think he used to have a game show type segment plus regular callers like "Cowboy From Windsor"...they'd play goofball sound effects and a music bed and he'd rattle off stuff within a given time limit."

Majik

Post by Majik » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:43 am

Momo wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:50 am
radiofan1974 wrote:

To think that Cowboy has a wider listenership than Ron.
I think most on buzzboard have a larger audience than RC

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:14 pm

Not sure if Ron’s studio gets FS1 but potential play by play for USFL game tomorrow night

Majik

Post by Majik » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:13 pm

radiofan1974 wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:14 pm
Not sure if Ron’s studio gets FS1 but potential play by play for USFL game tomorrow night
I can’t picture RC knowing who any players on the teams would be. Names will be numbers.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:59 am

Well hello everyone-

Hope all of you have a nice Easter however you may or may not celebrate, here are some thoughts on tonight’s show as we all hunker down on a Sunday night for the fireside chat of sports talk. Please feel free to add your ideas

Will cowboy fresh of his National appearance on fox sports, now demand background music when he gives todays day in history

Will Mr Positive ask Ron how if the Easter bunny was good to him and ron will have no idea what he’s talking about

Will there be a special Easter Sunday guest :)

Will ron know that we had the inaugural weekend of the USFL finishing with a Sunday night game, and be blessed with his play by play and will ron tell us he almost owned a USFL team first time around? But the deal fell through

His Ron’s hotel given in to his demands of Bally sports?

Being Easter, could we get our Pokémon affiliates calling in and asking ron who to call about parading there cards they got in there Easter basket and ron not knowing the company he reads ads for

Will we get another caller that would like to interview ron?

These thoughts are more on the longest running, non pressure feeling, brokered Sportstalk show running!

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:10 am

radiofan1974 wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:59 am
Well hello everyone-

Hope all of you have a nice Easter however you may or may not celebrate, here are some thoughts on tonight’s show as we all hunker down on a Sunday night for the fireside chat of sports talk. Please feel free to add your ideas

Will cowboy fresh of his National appearance on fox sports, now demand background music when he gives todays day in history

Will Mr Positive ask Ron how if the Easter bunny was good to him and ron will have no idea what he’s talking about

Will there be a special Easter Sunday guest :)

Will ron know that we had the inaugural weekend of the USFL finishing with a Sunday night game, and be blessed with his play by play and will ron tell us he almost owned a USFL team first time around? But the deal fell through

His Ron’s hotel given in to his demands of Bally sports?

Being Easter, could we get our Pokémon affiliates calling in and asking ron who to call about parading there cards they got in there Easter basket and ron not knowing the company he reads ads for

Will we get another caller that would like to interview ron?

These thoughts are more on the longest running, non pressure feeling, brokered Sportstalk show running!
Will Kurt awkwardly connect the Easter holiday and the new baseball season by reciting the lifetime statistics of Luke Easter, Rabbit Maranville, and Joe Cross?

Did Mark from Warren attend any of the Tiger day games last week? If so, will he once again report on the number of people that he counted in the "upper bowl" of Comerica Park?

Will Gary from East Tawas continue to call, and share his grizzled and hard-boiled Tales of Old Detroit?

After last week's no-show by John Vanbiesbrouck, has John entered Ron's purgatory of completely worthless people, or is John a great guy who really shouldn't be blamed for his no-show?

Will Cowboy or Kurt mention that the Tigers traded Harvey Kuenn for Rocky Colavito on April 17, 1960, which was also an Easter Sunday? https://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/ ... 976061001/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic