Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
radiofan1974

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by radiofan1974 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:50 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:49 am
dial-it-in wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:41 pm
Can I ask what the fascination is with this man to warrant hundreds of pages? :?:
Start reading through from page 378. You'll see our pre-show, in-show, and post-show comments for last Sunday's show (which runs from 6-9 p.m. on Sunday evenings), followed by our free-form thoughts during the week. That will help you understand the fascination, even if you conclude that we are all absolutely crazy.

If you are interested in hearing Ron Cameron, his shows are archived on this page: https://patriotdetroit.com/podcast/details/9688
Getting pre show topics for discussion together as we speak, should be posted by 8 tomorrow morning. Have to stay on top of things to prepare for the hardest working man in sports R sizzle

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:33 pm

Glad to see that you’re taking responsibility for tomorrow’s show topics, radiofan. Without a producer, it’s all-hands-on-deck for now. We’ll have to get Ronald from Detroit to drive Ron to the studio. And as long as he’s there, he can run the boards, too. Mr. Positive can deliver the benediction. Cowboy will be tasked with the “this date in history” segment. Let’s just hope Ron can remember to bring tomorrow’s paper with him.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:44 pm

I failed to mention that Kurt will bring the trivia questions with him (along with arranging for others to call). And once he’s done doing his leg work for the day for Ron’s future, someday, maybe, restaurant, Greg from Warren will call to tell Ron to “keep up the good work” & then denounce the Buzzboard as Satan’s den.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:26 pm

Momo wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:44 pm
I failed to mention that Kurt will bring the trivia questions with him (along with arranging for others to call). And once he’s done doing his leg work for the day for Ron’s future, someday, maybe, restaurant, Greg from Warren will call to tell Ron to “keep up the good work” & then denounce the Buzzboard as Satan’s den.
lol Was trying to see how i could incorporate Greg from Warren into show topics, as he curses the buzzboard :)

Always have to stay on your toes for “coach Ron” :)

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:34 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:12 am
Bobbert wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:58 am
My favorite mispronunciation of last week's show was the guy who said he was going to make a "prediction" about (I think) the UM/MSU basketball game, but instead said he was going to make a "predicament."
The same guy said that fans are "frugal" instead of fickle. :?

:?: BTW, who among you is Mr. Positive?
I am not Mr.Positive but I am a big fan of his.He knows his sports and provides a high level of energy with his calls.If Ron added Mr P as a co host it would not be long before Ron and Mr P would have a daily show on a major station.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:41 am

Good morning fellow Sportstalk fans, it’s Sunday, you know what that means. Sportstalk with Ron Cameron, let’s go over a few topics for tonight.

Guest tonight, Ted Kaufman, wings reporter. Last week ron alluded to staying away from “stories” and sticking to hockey talk. Was there a conversation at a wings game were Mr kaufman was not to happy about the conversation last time he was on. More importantly can Ron keep away from story talk especially when it involves him

Continued Buzzboard discussion on the show, good talk or negative talk about the Sportstalk buzzboard group has been discussed more on the air as of late. Will Ron acknowledge this loyal group or will the narrative of “I have never heard of this” continue?

No local games going on at the time of the show, so play by play will be missing? I am assuming we will continue to hear of the MLB owners struggle to put food on the table.

Will we get a updated Halliburton update, the one that got away?

These topics and more on the most followed local brokered radio show on Sunday nights!

Please feel free to add your thoughts for tonight’s show as well!

edj

Post by edj » Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:20 am

Fundraiser for Mr. Positive’s medical costs.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/mr-positive- ... ical-costs

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:04 am

edj wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:20 am
Fundraiser for Mr. Positive’s medical costs.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/mr-positive- ... ical-costs
Thanks. He's been a good (and courageous) supporter of the Buzzboard so hopefully this post will lead to a few more donations.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:05 am

Thanks for letting us know. edj.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:11 am

Yes thank you for the link for the go fund me page

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:13 am

radiofan1974 wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:41 am
Good morning fellow Sportstalk fans, it’s Sunday, you know what that means. Sportstalk with Ron Cameron, let’s go over a few topics for tonight.

Guest tonight, Ted Kaufman, wings reporter. Last week ron alluded to staying away from “stories” and sticking to hockey talk. Was there a conversation at a wings game were Mr kaufman was not to happy about the conversation last time he was on. More importantly can Ron keep away from story talk especially when it involves him

Continued Buzzboard discussion on the show, good talk or negative talk about the Sportstalk buzzboard group has been discussed more on the air as of late. Will Ron acknowledge this loyal group or will the narrative of “I have never heard of this” continue?

No local games going on at the time of the show, so play by play will be missing? I am assuming we will continue to hear of the MLB owners struggle to put food on the table.

These topics and more on the most followed local brokered radio show on Sunday nights!

Also on the horizon:

Will Ron talk about his deep sadness over not hearing Dan Dickerson call spring training games for the Detroit Tigers?

Will Gary from Tawas call, thus fulfilling a prophecy made last week by Kurt from Fraser?

How much of Ron's interview with Ted Kulfan will be taken up by Ron's utter and eternal amazement at that high-scoring third period of the Red Wings' 10-7 loss to the Toronto Maple Leafs on February 26?

What caller from Ron's distant past will make a surprise appearance in the third hour? Recent such callers have included the barber/umpire from Commerce Township and Benny (of Benny and the Jets) from the Meijer's Thrifty Acres parking lot.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:32 am

Get Me to the Show on Time

A tip of the hat to Lerner and Loewe's "Get Me to the Church on Time"

(Background singers)
There's just a few more minutes,
Until the show begins,
A few more minutes,
Before the calls come in.

(Spoken by Ron)
There are three hours of airtime to fill,
And I just got a flat tire on my car!

(Sung by Ron)
I've got a show this Sunday evening,
I've got to reach the studio,
But a flat tire,
Harmed my desire,
To get me to the show on time.

I've got to set up all my ad spots,
I've got to put on my headphones,
With no producer,
The show will run looser,
I must get to the show on time.

If I don't make it,
I'll go bankrupt,
My regular callers,
Will have to hang up.

So, I have to call an Uber driver,
I have to make him drive real fast,
Run all the red lights,
Take all the turns tight,
And get me to the show, get me to show, get me to the show on time!

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:34 am

Bobbert wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:13 am
radiofan1974 wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:41 am

Also on the horizon:

Will Ron talk about his deep sadness over not hearing Dan Dickerson call spring training games for the Detroit Tigers?

Will Gary from Tawas call, thus fulfilling a prophecy made last week by Kurt from Fraser?

How much of Ron's interview with Ted Kulfan will be taken up by Ron's utter and eternal amazement at that high-scoring third period of the Red Wings' 10-7 loss to the Toronto Maple Leafs on February 26?

What caller from Ron's distant past will make a surprise appearance in the third hour? Recent such callers have included the barber/umpire from Commerce Township and Benny (of Benny and the Jets) from the Meijer's Thrifty Acres parking lot.
Great points Bobbert, if I remember right I thought Ron did say he was going to bring up that game? And yes that third hour of the show has been a bit of a wild card as of late :)

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:54 am

Bobbert wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:32 am
Get Me to the Show on Time

A tip of the hat to Lerner and Loewe's "Get Me to the Church on Time"

(Background singers)
There's just a few more minutes,
Until the show begins,
A few more minutes,
Before the calls come in.

(Spoken by Ron)
There are three hours of airtime to fill,
And I just got a flat tire on my car!

(Sung by Ron)
I've got a show this Sunday evening,
I've got to reach the studio,
But a flat tire,
Harmed my desire,
To get me to the show on time.

I've got to set up all my ad spots,
I've got to put on my headphones,
With no producer,
The show will run looser,
I must get to the show on time.

If I don't make it,
I'll go bankrupt,
My regular callers,
Will have to hang up.

So, I have to call an Uber driver,
I have to make him drive real fast,
Run all the red lights,
Take all the turns tight,
And get me to the show, get me to show, get me to the show on time!
This classic from the American Songbook will never be the same for me, Bobbert!

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:00 am

Will there be any discussion between Ron & his guest tonight about progress on Ron's long-awaited autobiography (the publishing world's hottest property, along with Robert Caro's final volume on LBJ)?! There was none on his last visit. As he readies himself for tonight's appearance on the What's My Line panel, Bennett Cerf will surely be listening to see whether he needs to consider initiating legal action to recoup Random House's multi-million dollar advance.

https://www.detroitnews.com/staff/26461 ... ed-kulfan/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic