All accepted registrations through March 17, 2019 at 8:30p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new Fresh / RnB playlist

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 14888

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new RnB playlist

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:58 pm

Does anyone notice a lot of Smooth Jazz crossover tunes, I do stuff like Sade, Lisa Stansfield, Taylor Dane, Stevie Wonder, Whitney Houston, Anita Baker, George Benson, Just to name a few they must be stashed in the Smooth Jazz closet that didn’t get cleaned out during The AMP days.



Bobbert
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new RnB playlist

Post by Bobbert » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:58 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:49 pm
More like 75 songs. No joke
Apparently the only Anita Baker song they can play is "Same Old Love" which of course is starting to sound like "Same Old Song."



Detroit313
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:32 pm

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new RnB playlist

Post by Detroit313 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:24 am

So, The Breeze is not playing a single Madonna song at the moment. They dropped Crazy For You. We are talking about the most played artist in the history of AC radio along with Michael Jackson and not a single spin on The Breeze. So bizarre. She is one of the most played artists on iHeart's Breeze stations.

A mess.



User avatar
ZenithCKLW
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:21 am
Location: Livonia, MI
Contact:

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new RnB playlist

Post by ZenithCKLW » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:36 am

I'm completely fine with that. My personal opinion is that in order to keep The Breeze interesting to me, the most (over)played artist in the history of AC radio should be left off. Overplayed and overly repeated artists are why I don't listen to iHeart's AC stations.



tigersroar
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:42 pm

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new RnB playlist

Post by tigersroar » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:41 am

Stopmswap, you are always mentioning songs being removed from a playlist. You cant listen 24/7, so how do you know a song is removed rather you just didnt hear it?



Detroit313
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:32 pm

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new RnB playlist

Post by Detroit313 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:02 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:36 am
I'm completely fine with that. My personal opinion is that in order to keep The Breeze interesting to me, the most (over)played artist in the history of AC radio should be left off. Overplayed and overly repeated artists are why I don't listen to iHeart's AC stations.
iHeart just plays what tests well and the public wants to hear. Their playlists rely purely on research. And that's why they do well.

The Breeze in Detroit is playing at the moment a lot of songs that research shows are poison.



stopnswop2
Posts: 2173
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new RnB playlist

Post by stopnswop2 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:16 pm

tigersroar wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:41 am
Stopmswap, you are always mentioning songs being removed from a playlist. You cant listen 24/7, so how do you know a song is removed rather you just didnt hear it?
Well you see, I had to take a leave from my jobs 2 years ago due to some health problems, so you would be quite surprised how easy it is to listen 24/7, especially with my inability to sleep at night due to pain.

So to keep myself from going crazy being stuck at home, I do what I love most... and that's music


Music is my life.

stopnswop2
Posts: 2173
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new RnB playlist

Post by stopnswop2 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:19 pm

Detroit313 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:02 pm
ZenithCKLW wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:36 am
I'm completely fine with that. My personal opinion is that in order to keep The Breeze interesting to me, the most (over)played artist in the history of AC radio should be left off. Overplayed and overly repeated artists are why I don't listen to iHeart's AC stations.
iHeart just plays what tests well and the public wants to hear. Their playlists rely purely on research. And that's why they do well.

The Breeze in Detroit is playing at the moment a lot of songs that research shows are poison.

The fact that iheart operates that way is why I don't particularly like listening to their stations.
Entercom gives PD's a lot more freedom, but the issue with that is when you get a PD that either doesn't care for a particular format or doesn't know what they are doing.. then you get a pretty awful sounding station


Music is my life.

videocollectore
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:39 am

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new RnB playlist

Post by videocollectore » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:59 pm

Detroit and The Metro Area need a decent Smooth Jazz station. There hasn't been anything to replace V98.7 since the switched to HD radio.



Deleted User 14888

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new RnB playlist

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:14 pm

Bring back WLLZ!



NS8401
Posts: 6844
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new RnB playlist

Post by NS8401 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:15 pm

videocollectore wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:59 pm
Detroit and The Metro Area need a decent Smooth Jazz station. There hasn't been anything to replace V98.7 since the switched to HD radio.
That should be a hint as to the demand for smooth Jazz here...



Deleted User 14888

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new RnB playlist

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:24 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:15 pm
videocollectore wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:59 pm
Detroit and The Metro Area need a decent Smooth Jazz station. There hasn't been anything to replace V98.7 since the switched to HD radio.
That should be a hint as to the demand for smooth Jazz here...
Alexander Zonjic, Could do an air shift and Sandy Kovak,



Deleted User 14888

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new RnB playlist

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:29 pm

This station with the amount of R&B Oldies and Newer Titles is actually becoming like The Wave 94.7 in L.A. just compare the playlist maybe if Stopnswop has time to check it out it might be worth looking into.



stopnswop2
Posts: 2173
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new RnB playlist

Post by stopnswop2 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:34 pm

I'll give The Wave a check out tonight Kev and compare the playlists


Music is my life.

stopnswop2
Posts: 2173
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: 98.7 The Breeze just ruined itself with new RnB playlist

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:48 am

I honestly can't listen to this anymore.
This is a Soft Ryhthmic Oldies / Urban AC hybrid.
You can't add 7 or 8 soft rock songs to that and call it "Soft AC".
I'm officially making my home / in bed listening choice 98.1 The Breeze in S.F or 106.1 in Philly.

If they want to be the hybrid format I mentioned, then they need to drop the soft ac format, drop the relaxing favorites branding, and get on with it already.
If they want to be a Soft AC, then they need to be one.
None of this in between nonsense.

The old playlist was the best Soft AC out of all the ones I've heard in the entire country.... but after less than 2 months they go and screw it up.
Coupled.with no real on air personality/jingles/advertising/morning show....

I expect this type of behavior from Ifart. I always have thought very highly of CBS/Entercom.. but this is making them look like total monkeys.


I also should add that my mom is THE demographic the station wants and she was hooked on the station with the old playlist... and she never even listens to the radio!
Now she took it off her car presets and is pretty much back to her ipod only.
...that's an issue.


Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic