All accepted registrations through January 19, 2019 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

DAY OF DOOM

A place to showcase the very best threads on the Buzzboard.
olddj

Post by olddj » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:47 am

I hear talk that some of the high dollar morning shows may start trimming people in the near future. Anyone else hearing that?

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:22 am

that would be local radio suicide; but who knows anymore?

olddj

Post by olddj » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:51 pm

If CC wants to trim the Kiss morning team, Andrew Z may have given them an excuse...see "proving things" thread.

amfmjr

Post by amfmjr » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:11 am

Given the most recent shuffling of CC market managers, a word of advice...RENT.

AMFMTV

Post by AMFMTV » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:28 pm

CC Cleveland's Mike Kenney off to Charlotte NC...where longtim Mkt Mgr Morgan Bohannon got the axe. The change happened quick.

http://ohiomedia.blogspot.com/2009/08/f ... lowup.html

amfmjr

Post by amfmjr » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:01 pm

I don't know why anyone would venture into management at Cumulus given the current "perform or give back" climate. Tom Taylor's column claims that one of their market managers managed to attain 99.6 or so of his goal, and was docked 5-percent because he didn't reach 100 percent.
The sales staff is believed under the same type of performance penalty. I don't know about Clear Channel, but I would suspect that they too have put similar pressure on their sales employes.

olddj

Post by olddj » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:01 pm

Lucas County Commissioner Ben Konop, who refuses to appear on WSPD Radio, dubbed the station talkers "to the right of Attilla the Hun" during a recent televised debate. Are they?

EnbyCee

Post by EnbyCee » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:11 pm

olddj wrote:Lucas County Commissioner Ben Konop, who refuses to appear on WSPD Radio, dubbed the station talkers "to the right of Attilla the Hun" during a recent televised debate. Are they?
No more than Konop is to the left of Lenin.

Doesn't he know he's only playing into their hands saying stuff like that?

MarcusWelbyMD

Post by MarcusWelbyMD » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:57 am

WOHO wrote:that would be local radio suicide; but who knows anymore?
Suicide is how "I" feel when I read your posts.

For starters, you have no clue as to whom they "may be " referring to.

Secondly, if some secondary person on a morning show leaves or is replaced how would you know if that would have any reflection on any ratings? Maybe the program they are referring to already has no ratings whatsoever.

3rd, if the program does have ratings, there is always the possibility that the show could carry on business as usual or maybe even increase the programs ratings and revenue with that particular person leaving.

4th, its no wonder why you dont have a radio station to program.

5th, do I have to continue?

6th, I could go on forever.

7th
WOHO wrote:....... but who knows anymore?
Not you, thats for certain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This post contains no names or persons that may or may not exist. There is no malice or slander intended. It is for entertainment purposes only.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:47 pm

MW MD wrote: "Suicide is how "I" feel when I read your posts..."

Guess I'll keep posting then if that's all it takes!

toledozoo

dfsadf

Post by toledozoo » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:22 am

CC and Cumulus Market Managers all over the country are taking a pay cut, each QUARTER they miss their goals. If they get 95-99.9% of revenue they only take a 5% cut. If it's 90-94.9% they take 10%. If it's under that they lose their jobs. the corporate collapse will happen soon. the future of radio IS bright. You just gotta wear the right shades (if ya catch my drift).

amfmjr

Post by amfmjr » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:34 pm

Great corporate strategy. Can you imagine the pressure the sales staffers, most of the veterans who may be commission only anyway, are under? Given that corporate attitude, we might expect some of the long time market execs to retire or find another line of work in the near future.

olddj

Post by olddj » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:01 pm

Congratulations to Cumulus Vice-President of Engineering, Information and Technology, Gary Kline. He has been named Radio World's, Engineer of the Year. Now, if he can only get Toledo's WTOD and WLQR transmitter sites up to speed.

amfmjr

Post by amfmjr » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:08 pm

John Dickey will be in town Wednesday. Do you suppose he will notice that WTOD AND WLQR have crappy signals?

AMFMTV

Post by AMFMTV » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:22 am

amfmjr wrote:John Dickey will be in town Wednesday. Do you suppose he will notice that WTOD AND WLQR have crappy signals?
The signals have been like that for years. Do YOU think he cares? Cumulus is on the verge of collapse (along with Citadel). WTOD/WLQR are the least of his worries.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic