Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Comcast Outages

A place to discuss broadband, streaming video, cable, and satellite services (not programming). Bitch about your crappy cable, satellite or streaming video provider here! This is also the place to talk about channel line-ups, packages, and special offers.
craig11152

Re: Comcast Outages

Post by craig11152 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:20 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:45 pm
I don't know the difference between their service going out or my router(supplied by them) crapping out. I don't want to fuck things up with a new router though. Thankfully, my interruptions lately have been 3-5 minutes a couple times in the last two weeks. I was having major issues early last year and 2020 though.
After many years of renting the Comcast modem/router combo I finally bought my own.
I bought on Amazon September 9...

Motorola AC2600 4x4 WiFi Smart Gigabit Router with Extended Range, Model MR2600 $85 currently
Motorola MB8600 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem $150 currently

I did need Comcast tech support to get the modum up and running. Once that was done the router was pretty easy and I am NOT overly tech savvy.
Since my wife works out of the house I waited till the weekend to make the switch.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic