Notice to all Buzzboard readers & posters: A requested server migration took place Saturday evening. Unfortunately, I did not re-point my DNS records to the new server until roughly 7:45p ET on Monday, November 12. As a result, any posts and new user registrations occurring between the nighttime hours of 11/10 and approximately 7:45p ET on Monday, 11/12 have been lost.

This was unavoidable, and the longer I waited to re-point to the new server, the greater the number of posts that would've been lost.

Please feel free to resubmit any threads / posts you created. They will NOT be lost this time! Many thanks for your patience these past couple of weeks while I've worked to migrate the Buzzboard to a more secure, more robust platform.

Check out the Buzzboard's newest forum - the Buzzboard Marketplace! Find it here: http://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=31

Comcast outage Feb 15

A place to discuss broadband, streaming video, cable, and satellite services (not programming). Bitch about your crappy cable provider here! This is also the place to talk about channel line-ups, packages, and special offers.
SolarMax

Comcast outage Feb 15

Post by SolarMax » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:56 pm

Just after 10:15 AM ET Feb 15, an outage took out Comcast/Xfinity services in many areas across the country.
In Detroit, local broadcast channels and subs remained available, plus NBCSports Net, Fox Sports Detroit, and Big Ten network (some of which are operated by Comcast, go figure). Pretty much all others came up black. In many areas, internet service was also affected.
Social Media sites and feeds on the subject related that Comcast's "customer service" lines were busy-ed out or did not answer. It appears that around 12:30 or so, some services were beginning to be restored. Local story at
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/l ... /80406008/

A good site to monitor outages for many services is
Down Detector

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Comcast outage Feb 15

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:03 pm

I was getting on-screen menus/listings but zero programming on all channels I tried around 11a this morning. I could not receive *any* of the local broadcast channels at the time - at least not the high-def versions.

As of now, everything seems to be working.

The outage earlier only affected my video service.

Thanks, corporate radio, for finally tossing Nickelback to the curb. Now can you please do the same for Shinedown? THEY SUCK!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic