All accepted registrations through January 19, 2019 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Hulu or Netflix?

A place to discuss broadband, streaming video, cable, and satellite services (not programming). Bitch about your crappy cable, satellite or streaming video provider here! This is also the place to talk about channel line-ups, packages, and special offers.
craig11152

Re: Hulu or Netflix?

Post by craig11152 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:23 pm

I agree with Lester on the Amazon/Netflix differences.
For me Amazon is as much about buying goods and shipping them to my house. I was a member or 4-5 years before I bothered to stream anything.
One significant difference is if you see it on Netflix its included in your monthly fee.
Not so with Amazon where a lot of content is available at additional cost. That can either annoy the crap out of you or perhaps delight you if you are willing to buy content over and above the monthly/yearly fee.
In our case over the years I would say without a doubt we watch more stuff on Netflix but not by a H*** amount.

I'm still playing around with Hulu. One thing maybe some Hulu expert can answer.....how come newer episodes of Vikings from the History channel aren't available? I thought one of Hulu's appeals was new shows appear a couple days after they air on their home channel.

Finally, he switched to a bone saw to finish the job, and at 9:17 p.m., Mountain time, the head of the greatest hitter who ever lived had been sliced off.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Hulu or Netflix?

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:00 pm

You guys are absolutely right. Amazon Prime likes to up-charge. Your excellent & informative posts reminded me of that little fact. That does annoy the crap out of me. :)

But, I didn't purchase prime for the video service. I purchased it for the 2-day delivery perks.

So, I'm keeping prime and also decided to keep Netflix.

Instead, what I chose to do was negotiate a discount on my cable package with Comcast. More on that in a new thread I'm about to create. :)

Thanks, corporate radio, for finally tossing Nickelback to the curb. Now can you please do the same for Shinedown? THEY SUCK!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic