Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

SiriusXM

A place to discuss broadband, streaming video, cable, and satellite services (not programming). Bitch about your crappy cable, satellite or streaming video provider here! This is also the place to talk about channel line-ups, packages, and special offers.
Deleted User 4520

SiriusXM

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:01 pm

I don't know for how long but there is a free listening period going on now for SiriusXM.

kc8yqq

Re: SiriusXM

Post by kc8yqq » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:12 am

It probably started Monday and normally lasts for 2 weeks. SXM does this 3-4 times a year with Memorial Day being one of those times (I don't remember the others). You can get the same service year round for free if you find a certain receiver that isn't made anymore.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:13 pm

Indeed, I had a receiver I purchased in early 2004 (I think I threw it away when I moved a couple years back) that hadn't had an active subscription since early '07 that still received every single Sirius channel when I last checked in 2016.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:08 pm

They had a Black Friday / Cyber Monday offer going on... $5/month for a year. Still not doing it. I've been listening in my car and I have to say the playlists are quite stale...Whitesnake here, White Lion there...tons of Def Leppard and Aerosmith. Nothing wrong but its over and over. And I have come to realize that the audio quality isn't all that great. Sometimes it sounds tinny or lifeless.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:55 pm

TheForce wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:08 pm
They had a Black Friday / Cyber Monday offer going on... $5/month for a year. Still not doing it. I've been listening in my car and I have to say the playlists are quite stale...Whitesnake here, White Lion there...tons of Def Leppard and Aerosmith. Nothing wrong but its over and over. And I have come to realize that the audio quality isn't all that great. Sometimes it sounds tinny or lifeless.
My biggest disappointment is there is slowly more chatter. Used to be it was just one tune after another. But now we have "shows". Been putting more and more music on my memory stick.

windsor

Post by windsor » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:08 pm

I notice that theyre going away from just being a jukebox to more of being real individual radio stations with jocks, sweepers etc.

I myself like it .

When was the last time you heard Crying in the rain by Whitesnake or the Lightning Strikes by Aerosmith on FM???

Last time I hear Lightning Strikes by Aerosmith might have been on Wheelz and at Harpo's.

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:55 am

Kayla on the rock channels talks too much.

Madison on Lithium is downright annoying.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic