Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Issue with Google chromecast

The place to chat about audio/video devices & software, mobile phones & mobile plans, computer hardware & software, and other electronic gadgets.
Honeyman

Issue with Google chromecast

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:26 pm

Had a chromecast hooked up in my last house and it worked perfectly when my wife wanted to use it to cast a fitness app from her phone to the TV. Had ATT internet there.

Here, I have Spectrum internet and there are problems. I can get it to work, but the next day it won't recognize it again, unless I reboot my router. Rinse and repeat. Google claims it's an AP ISOLATION issue. Spectrum says they don't have AP isolation, but I see that they do and disabled it, but still doesn't work. Any help?

The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Re: Issue with Google chromecast

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:10 pm

As much as I love Google, Chromecast is dogshit. I know it doesn't help you, but after all the aggravation those things caused me I had to contribute.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:38 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:10 pm
As much as I love Google, Chromecast is dogshit. I know it doesn't help you, but after all the aggravation those things caused me I had to contribute.
I think I agree. The only reason I got it was so my wife could cast her app on the TV. Like I say, it did work perfectly before.

I also have a Sony Bravia that is supposed to have the chromecast or some Google casting built in, and I can't get it to work on that either.
The censorship king from out of state.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:14 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one that fucking hates Chromecast... my mom has it on her big Sony living room TV and it sucks so bad. She has 3 other TCL TVs around the house with the built-in Roku and those are so much better it's not even funny. After being over there the last time and dealing with Chromecast nonsense for her I'm about to just go drop $25 on a Roku stick and bypass it completely on that TV.

I've had Gmail for 20 years, I love Google Chrome as a web browser... but that Chromecast is trash.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:00 pm

I must be in the minority; we have three Chromecasts here (with AT&T internet) and rarely have issues.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:36 am

TC Talks wrote:
I agree completely.

Bought a Google Chromecast dongle at Best Buy a few years ago after Google stopped supporting my old one (first generation device).

The old one wasn't perfect but worked pretty well for the most part. The new one was chicken shit; could not get it to work at all on two different TVs. I wound up returning it.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:40 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:36 am
TC Talks wrote:
I agree completely.

Bought a Google Chromecast dongle at Best Buy a few years ago after Google stopped supporting my old one (first generation device).

The old one wasn't perfect but worked pretty well for the most part. The new one was chicken shit; could not get it to work at all on two different TVs. I wound up returning it.
Google lost a patent fight with tech in the first generation. It was awesome but that's why it was bricked by Google.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:56 am

Another Google screw up:
They aren't good at passing along IMEI numbers of newly manufactured "unlocked" Pixel phones to certain major carriers, such as Verizon.

What this means is your Pixel phone - which is supposed to be transferrable to any cellular carrier's network in the United States - won't work on Verizon or on any MVNO that uses Verizon's infrastructure.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic