Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

fit bit

The place to chat about audio/video devices & software, mobile phones & mobile plans, computer hardware & software, and other electronic gadgets.
Turkeytop

fit bit

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:36 pm

fitbit. Do any of you have one or know anything about it?

My wife is saying she would like to have one and with Christmas coming up, I might get her one.

She is even less knowledgeable with tech products than I am. Last year, with some trepidation, I got her an I pad. She caught on to it OK. She uses it all the time. She probably uses less than 10% of its capability.

Is this fitbit complicated to use? Can it be used as a stand alone device, or does it have to be interfaced with a computer?

The guy at Staples says you need a cell phone or a tablet to set it up. He said she could do it with the I pad. I would probably have to do that for her. Is that hard to do?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Lester The Nightfly

Re: fit bit

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:19 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:36 pm
fitbit. Do any of you have one or know anything about it?

My wife is saying she would like to have one and with Christmas coming up, I might get her one.

She is even less knowledgeable with tech products than I am. Last year, with some trepidation, I got her an I pad. She caught on to it OK. She uses it all the time. She probably uses less than 10% of its capability.

Is this fitbit complicated to use? Can it be used as a stand alone device, or does it have to be interfaced with a computer?

The guy at Staples says you need a cell phone or a tablet to set it up. He said she could do it with the I pad. I would probably have to do that for her. Is that hard to do?
I'd first look at how she plans to utilize it. Tracking workouts? Heartrates? Sleep? Medical crisis alerts? (ECG/Fall detection)
I was gifted an Apple Watch and while I used it for sleep tracking, it's been sitting in the drawer because it was conflicting with my Bluetooth enabled hearing aids. If you're looking for more versatility, the Apple watch may be the way to go. Set-up is not too challenging and they've released a lower cost model recently. That said, if her goals are more aligned with biometric monitoring, I think a Fit Bit might be the better choice.

Good luck!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:15 pm

I've been reading up on the fit bit and decided against it. Looks waaayy too complicated. It involves a ap. I don't even know what a ap is.

She might like a nice Timex.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:24 pm

Heaven forbid you might have to learn something new to make your Wife happy.

Selfish prick.

Thread Killer

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:19 pm

UP906 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:24 pm

Selfish prick.

My wife would never call me that. She is always happy with the gifts I give her and she will be this year too. She won't be disappointed about not getting the fit bit because she isn't expecting it. It was just a surprise I thought of and then unthought of when I found out what was involved.

Either of our sons would be capable of setting it up for her but, because of the virus, they won't be here this Christmas. Maybe next year.

Meanwhile, she likes gold and diamonds and I don't need any kind of degree to give them to her.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:38 am

TT, you are very generous and thoughtful. She is blessed to have you.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:56 pm

So, I've been reading more about this fitbit thing. If you don't have a smart phone or a ap, you can set it up using a Windows 10 computer. I have that.

Says you also need a wireless sync dongle. Not sure what that is. It sounds obscene. I'll see if I can find one at an adult store.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:37 am

Have a fitbit but quit using it when I logged 100 steps brushing my teeth.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:26 pm

So, today I got the fit bit and the dangle. Turns out I don't need the dangle. My laptop already has blue teeth. So I can return the dangle

Two months to go until Christmas. I'll spend that time studying up, so on Christmas Day, I'll be able to set it up for her.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:02 pm

Well, this was kind of a dud. Good thing I hedged my bet with a couple of other gifts she can use.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu May 27, 2021 10:48 pm

Well, Christmas was over five months ago and she still can't use it. Don't know how to set it up for her.

I called the Staples store where I bought it and asked if someone there could help her with it. He said to bring it in and someone could help her.

Then, we went into lockdown and we're still locked down. Can't go into the store.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:23 pm

Perhaps you could put some flip floups on without socks, and stick a fancy label on your glasses? They might mistake you for middle class, and let you in the special middle class entrance? Just a suggestion. What is the penalty for impersonating middle class in Canadia? Do they put you in that thing in the town square and pelt you with snowballs?

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:38 pm

HD74 wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:23 pm
Perhaps you could put some flip floups on without socks, and stick a fancy label on your glasses? They might mistake you for middle class, and let you in the special middle class entrance? Just a suggestion. What is the penalty for impersonating middle class in Canadia? Do they put you in that thing in the town square and pelt you with snowballs?

Covid 19 is the great equalizer. We're all locked down together. All classes.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:35 am

Well, I successfully downloaded the ap to her ipad (I think)

Now, how do I get it from the ipad to the fitbit device?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:46 pm

Sitting out on the patio today and our neighbour the school bus driver came over. Turns out he's a whiz at this kind of thing. He had it all set up in about twenty minutes.

Now the wife isn't so sure she likes it. Says it's too intrusive. Always telling her what to do. Drink some water. Get some sleep etc.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic