Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Am I the only one who's more excited for ATSC 3.0 than 5G?

The place to chat about audio/video devices & software, mobile phones & mobile plans, computer hardware & software, and other electronic gadgets.
F-Squared

Am I the only one who's more excited for ATSC 3.0 than 5G?

Post by F-Squared » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:48 pm

I mean really, I've never found myself in a need for such large bandwidth as 5G provides while I'm on the go. With what there is with LTE, I'm able to stream 1080p video just fine and frankly we don't need anything better than that for mobile devices due to their small screen sizes. I'm more interested in the concept of ATSC 3.0 whereas we'll have (usable) terrestrial TV on the go. And the 4K resolutions for home use are also a great plus, along with HEVC. I time and time again keep finding myself more excited for ATSC 3.0 than 5G and I can't really find anyone else who agrees.
Last edited by F-Squared on Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SolarMax

Re: Am I the only one who's more excited for ATSC 3.0 than 5G?

Post by SolarMax » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:02 am

F-Squared wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:48 pm
... time and time again keep finding myself more excited for ATSC 3.0 than 5G and I can't really find anyone else who agrees.
Well, I do kind of agree, but can't say I'm truly "excited" about one over the other. To me 5G is interesting but "meh," but ATSC 3.0 has a bit more "wow" factor, something that you'll actually see and hear in your home (at least if you're an early adopter).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic