Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

New Laptop

The place to chat about audio/video devices & software, mobile phones & mobile plans, computer hardware & software, and other electronic gadgets.
Turkeytop

New Laptop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:09 pm

The old Acer was just getting too old and too slow. It was useless. Yesterday I got a new Dell. When I was setting it up last night it brought up a menu listing all countries and asked me for mine. I didn't know what to say. I'm living in the U.S. right now but my home is in Canada. I finally chose Canada.

That was a mistake. It made my keyboard a French keyboard. After a couple of hours, I figured out how to change it to English. But now, every time I shut down or restart the computer, it defaults back to French and I have to fix it all over again.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

kager

Re: New Laptop

Post by kager » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:02 pm

Here's how to change your keyboard layout and default setting, courtesy of your old PC manufacturer:

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers ... ard-layout

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:56 pm

Thanks, but Acer was the old computer. The new one is Dell.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

kager

Post by kager » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:00 am

Congrats.

Instructions are for Windows 10.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Deleted User 10525

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:50 am

I just got an HP and I am having this issue with google Chrome, with Youtube videos freezing. I never had the problem on my Lenovo. I really didn't want an HP but that's all they had in my price range.

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:26 pm

Deleted User 10525 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:50 am
I just got an HP and I am having this issue with google Chrome, with Youtube videos freezing. I never had the problem on my Lenovo. I really didn't want an HP but that's all they had in my price range.
We have a stack of HP's from the last decade. Worst junk I've ever had to touch IMO. Sad, because they were great back in the day. Mine is only two years old and has lost the fan, a problem on at least 3 HP laptops in my pile. Windows 10, I absolutely hate. My Win7 Pro laptop lost the fan, so I took the HDD out and put it in something else. My wife's HP is a year old. Still going okay, but W10 is sloooooowwwww on it already.

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic