Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Picasa

The place to chat about audio/video devices & software, mobile phones & mobile plans, computer hardware & software, and other electronic gadgets.
Turkeytop

Picasa

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:25 pm

I use Picasa for uploading my photos to the computer and for editing. I've read that Picasa is being phased out and may soon be no longer usable. Is there photo software one can buy that will do what Picasa does?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Re: Picasa

Post by audiophile » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:51 am

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:31 pm

I just downloaded the one called Gimp. Now, I don't know how to use it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:57 am

Gimp has a bit of learning curve.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:22 pm

Except for the online features, does it matter that Picasa is no longer supported? I still use it all the time! Works fine for me (though I never use the online features).

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:13 pm

If I get a new computer will I still be able to download Picasa?

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:36 pm

I imagine so. Maybe not from Google but someone will have a mirrored copy. I see it is available at oldversion.com. The only hitch would be if it has to "check in" with a Google server during installation. If that's the case, it might not work, but I don't think its that sophisticated.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:22 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:25 pm
I use Picasa for uploading my photos to the computer and for editing. I've read that Picasa is being phased out and may soon be no longer usable. Is there photo software one can buy that will do what Picasa does?
I have been using Photoshop forever. I do have gimp on my laptop but seldom use it because although it does many of the things Photoshop does, it does it differently. I haven't bothered with the learning curve because I'm going to have Photoshop anyway.

For something simple, that doesn't have such a learning curve and because of the fact I don't think you will be doing much graphic design, I would recommend this:

http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/index.php

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:11 pm

Whether deservedly or not, Photo Shop seems to have acquired a bad reputation. The term Photo Shop is used as a verb in a pejorative sense to suggest that the image is fake. As in, "The picture has obviously been Photo Shopped."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic