Apologies for the temporary site outage from approximately 1PM ET on Monday, December 11 through the pre-dawn hours of Tuesday. The Buzzboard was targeted (yet again) by a hacker, this time from the Middle East. The site was able to be restored using a backup file from early Sunday morning.

More info on the attack can be found here:
https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=45907

Check out the Buzzboard's newest forum - the Buzzboard Marketplace.
Find it here: http://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=31

Toshiba ON/OFF Button

The place to chat about audio/video devices & software, computer hardware & software, and other electronic gadgets.
sfpcc

Toshiba ON/OFF Button

Post by sfpcc » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:49 pm

My TV is a Toshiba 13 Inch bought in 2003. It has held up well till now but right now I'm having trouble with the On/Off button. When I turn it off for more than 5 minutes and turn it back on it comes on for about 2 seconds and goes off again. After doing this a couple of times it stays on. Can anyone out there explain this?

SolarMax

Re: Toshiba ON/OFF Button

Post by SolarMax » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:10 am

Power supply failing or component failure elsewhere causing the power supply to fail or go into protection. May be time to let it go.
I have a Toshiba CRT of similar size and vintage in a spare room. Doesn't get too much up time so it's still working, but won't be surprised when it croaks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:45 am

sfpcc wrote:My TV is a Toshiba 13 Inch bought in 2003. It has held up well till now but right now I'm having trouble with the On/Off button. When I turn it off for more than 5 minutes and turn it back on it comes on for about 2 seconds and goes off again. After doing this a couple of times it stays on. Can anyone out there explain this?
It could be switch debouncing issue. If it's dirty or sticky it be making go off. There cleaning that can be used.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:14 pm

Postscript.

I got a new TV today. It's a 24 inch Vizio. 11 and a half year for one TV is a pretty good run.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic