Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Which mobile phone MVNOs (mobile virtual network operators) are best?

The place to chat about audio/video devices & software, mobile phones & mobile plans, computer hardware & software, and other electronic gadgets.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Which mobile phone MVNOs (mobile virtual network operators) are best?

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:56 pm

AT&T is a horrible, truly rotten company when it comes to customer service as well as some of their technology. I will never do business with them.

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:52 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:56 pm
AT&T is a horrible, truly rotten company when it comes to customer service as well as some of their technology. I will never do business with them.
I agree with the general idea, perhaps a little less vociferously, but in many places, the coverage is better.

I live in the sticks most of the year, and found that since the advent of First Net, the AT&T coverage was surpassing Verizon, who for years, dating back to 'Cellular One', was better. I carried my Verizon phone and an AT&T burner phone wherever I went for nearly a year, and AT&T was better in a lot of the outlying areas. I've also confirmed this with other RF techies I know.

We are on Maui for several months every year, and AT&T definitely is substandard here. Verizon has them beat hands down.

The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:40 pm

Avoid AT&T like the plague for home internet. I also want them to remove two non-functional obtrusive outdoor lines from my property. Trying to reach someone who will actually address the problem is virtually impossible.

I do agree their mobile phone service for the most part is pretty good, except when it comes time to port out your number to a different carrier. Then, it becomes a nightmare.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic