Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Tomcat cart players

The place to chat about audio/video devices & software, mobile phones & mobile plans, computer hardware & software, and other electronic gadgets.
ramboy

Tomcat cart players

Post by ramboy » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:27 pm

I have 3 tomcat cartridge players that need repair, all 3 have the same problem, I will do my best to explain. When you insert cart everything looks OK yellow stop light comes on, but when you press start it turns off meaning the roller will disengage like its turned off. I unplug the unit then plug it back in and it's back on so it's not the fuse. Backstory I got these from WOMC when they were transferring to audiovolt, also I took home a couple hundred carts with various commercials, sweepers, etc. My purpose was to transfer these carts to CD which I have started, these cart machines did work for a few weeks while I was in the beginning phase of this project, so anyone know what could be wrong and or where I could get them fixed. Thank you in advance.

TC Talks

Re: Tomcat cart players

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:06 pm

Good luck, the last guy I knew who could fix these left the industry in 2001.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=br ... olid=10001

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:25 am

I would guess dried-out electrolytic capacitors. The voltage sags and it resets. A TV repair shop might be to solder new ones for you.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

HD74

Post by HD74 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:24 am

Geez TC that looks like a list of things in my pole barn!

Anybody need a rotary cart rack?

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic