Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 8, 2022 at 6:45p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

President Thomas AM/FM Mobile CB

The place to chat about audio/video devices & software, computer hardware & software, and other electronic gadgets.
Calvert DeForest

President Thomas AM/FM Mobile CB

Post by Calvert DeForest » Wed May 11, 2022 8:57 am

Released a few months ago, this is the first (and so far only) CB rig on the U.S. market for FM transmission under the new FCC guidelines. Depending on the success of this model, it will be interesting to see what additional manufacturers like Cobra come up with to follow suit.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

In The Bleachers

Re: President Thomas AM/FM Mobile CB

Post by In The Bleachers » Wed May 11, 2022 2:20 pm

There's been some discussions about FM CB on another blog I follow.
https://forums.radioreference.com/forum ... forum.138/
I'm thinking FM CB wouldn't be a bad idea for folks looking to keep in touch out in the woods, or somewhere with a lot of hills and valleys.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Fri May 13, 2022 7:45 pm

The advantage of AM is that you can hear if someone is trying to talk over someone else in an emergency. That is why the (older)aircraft radios in the 155 MHz band were all AM. Safety purposes.

In The Bleachers

Post by In The Bleachers » Tue May 31, 2022 10:34 am

Calvert DeForest wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 8:57 am
Released a few months ago, this is the first (and so far only) CB rig on the U.S. market for FM transmission under the new FCC guidelines. Depending on the success of this model, it will be interesting to see what additional manufacturers like Cobra come up with to follow suit.
Are you (or anyone else here on Buzzboard) active on the CB band?
I myself did it when I was a teenager. Haven't listened to it in many years now.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic