All accepted registrations through September 8 at 11:45a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Straight Talk vs. Verizon

The place to chat about audio/video devices & software, computer hardware & software, and other electronic gadgets.
TheForce

Straight Talk vs. Verizon

Post by TheForce » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:11 pm

How can Straight Talk offer such cheap data packages? Why won't the major carriers bring their prices in line to match Straight Talk?

Straight Talk:
25GB for $45/month
Unlimited for $55/month

I have Verizon and my phone bill with my discount from work makes it around $60/month for 5GB and take about $20 off that for line access.

F-Squared

Re: Straight Talk vs. Verizon

Post by F-Squared » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:28 pm

Straight Talk is simply an MVNO. It doesn't have its own network, it uses other companies' networks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Circle Seven

Re: Straight Talk vs. Verizon

Post by Circle Seven » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:00 am

In my personal opinion, if you're not leaving Metro Detroit, or you will almost always be in a urban area, just go with the cheapest out there.
Straight Talk, Boost, Cricket, whatever.
If you often wander or live where not many folks are at, get Verizon or ATT&T.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic