Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Diginet "Dabl" changes format

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Diginet "Dabl" changes format

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:04 pm

As opposed to how-to shows geared to women, the network has completely revamped its programming, and now runs off-network sitcoms geared to African Americans.

In Metro Detroit, Dabl is found on WWJ-TV 62.3.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Deleted User 16173

Re: Diginet "Dabl" changes format

Post by Deleted User 16173 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:39 pm

Another useless sub-channel. It airs the same 7 Black sitcoms day in and day out. How much of The Parkers, Half &Half, Girlfriends, The Game, Sister Sister, One on One and Moesha can we handle? What a waste of digital bandwidth.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:00 pm

Mark Nelson wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:39 pm
Another useless sub-channel. It airs the same 7 Black sitcoms day in and day out. How much of The Parkers, Half &Half, Girlfriends, The Game, Sister Sister, One on One and Moesha can we handle? What a waste of digital bandwidth.
Useless? Why, because they are Black audience-oriented?

I'll bet you think differently about the Grit channel...
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:35 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:00 pm
Mark Nelson wrote:
I would agree. There is plenty of market for African American programming in Detroit.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 16173

Post by Deleted User 16173 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:10 am

teetoppz28 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:00 pm
Mark Nelson wrote:

No, not because they’re Black sitcoms but the fact of the same 7 shows repeated. Why not have some variety. The programming will burn out fast. Hell, put on some Classic Soul Train shows from the 70’s on the weekend or do something different on the weekends, There is a lot of Black programming to choose from. Another waste of digital bandwidth is ION TV with repeated content and they’re on a full power signal, how many times can they air the same 5 or 6 shows day in and day out. After a short while it becomes boring television. Seriously, Grit channel :rollin.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:24 am

Most of the shows in question that now air on Dabl had crappy ratings when they were first-run years ago (mostly on UPN). So I would agree with the sentiment that Dabl is pretty useless. Still, the current programming is an upgrade from what it aired previously!

I noticed the even more useless NBC LX channel changed its format, too. It is now known as NBC LX Home (what a stupid name), mostly trying to be a third-rate knock-off of HGTV.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:35 am

Yes, there is plenty of market for African American programming in Detroit, but how many African Americans watch this type of show, in particular reruns that are over 10 years old?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic