Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 25 at 5:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Judge Mathis / People's Court canceled

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
ChrisWL1980

Judge Mathis / People's Court canceled

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:45 am

Two more syndicated casualties: a judge show starring a Detroit boy made good, and the series that paved the way for Judge Judy and all the rest. People's Court goes out as the second-longest-running court show of all time, behind only Divorce Court.
https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/judge- ... 235527589/

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Judge Mathis / People's Court canceled

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:17 am

That sucks; I enjoyed both programs, especially The People's Court.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:38 pm

That stinks to see them both cancelled. Judge Mathis and Judge Millian will probably have new TV gigs soon, or perhaps they could be picked up by a different studio. I loved both shows. Mathis and Baliff Doyle have great chemistry and are funny at times and the People's Court has some interesting cases.

ChrisWL1980

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:42 pm

Wherever they end up, I hope it's not one of those shitty Entertainment Studios shows with fake cases (i.e. what happened with Judge Hatchett, Judge Mablean from Divorce Court and others). They deserve better.

ChrisWL1980

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:08 pm

And of course, that's exactly where Judge Mathis is going...
https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/judge- ... omzf19j9do

Much as I like him, I won't be watching.

ChrisWL1980

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:11 pm

And now there's talk of Judge Judy bringing her Freevee series "Judy Justice" to syndication. Meanwhile, CBS' "Judge Judy" reruns are still killing it in the ratings. If a deal for "Judy Justice" happens, she'll essentially be competing with herself.
I wonder how "Hot Bench" is faring with the two new judges. I haven't watched any of the new episodes since Acker and DiMango left (they'll soon be on a similar new Freevee series called "Tribunal," with Judge Judy's son, Adam Levy, taking the third judge slot and Byrd returning as bailiff).

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:03 pm

ChrisWL1980 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:11 pm
And now there's talk of Judge Judy bringing her Freevee series "Judy Justice" to syndication. Meanwhile, CBS' "Judge Judy" reruns are still killing it in the ratings. If a deal for "Judy Justice" happens, she'll essentially be competing with herself.
I wonder how "Hot Bench" is faring with the two new judges. I haven't watched any of the new episodes since Acker and DiMango left (they'll soon be on a similar new Freevee series called "Tribunal," with Judge Judy's son, Adam Levy, taking the third judge slot and Byrd returning as bailiff).
I haven't seen Hot Bench with the new judges yet. I wish Tribunal picked up a male judge that used to have a court show but is now a free agent, like Judge Joe Brown or Judge Alex Ferrar.

In other news, WB will still offer Judge Mathis and the People's Court in reruns, and Mathis Court is now sold in 90% of the country, so in a way he's also competing with himself. I might watch it in its first week in September because I like Mathis, but if it's anything like Byron's other shows, it probably won't be all that great. I can't believe how far first run syndication has fallen since the start of this decade. I expected sitcom and drama reruns to go first as you can watch them on demand physical or streaming.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic