Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Brother Stair Passes

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
Turkeytop

Brother Stair Passes

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:45 pm

-
-
-

Radio Evangelist and sex criminal, Ralph Stair has left us and gone to Heaven.

Brother Stair of Overcomer Ministry has passed away

CANADYS, S.C. (WCSC) – The Colleton County coroner said an evangelist who founded the Overcomer Ministry in the county has died.

Ralph G. Stair died of heart failure at his home, according to Coroner Richard Harvey. Harvey said Stair had been under hospice care.

His age was not immediately clear.

The coroner’s office listed Stair as 84, but Stair’s Overcomer Ministry, which announced his passing on its website, listed his age as 87 and his time of death as 11:17 p.m. Saturday.

At the time of his death, Stair was awaiting trial after being accused of sexually assaulting several women and children at the ministry.

Stair was arrested on Dec. 18, 2017, by Colleton County deputies and agents from the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division, the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security, the Colleton County Sheriff’s Office said. Stair was arrested on eight warrants and agents also executed a search warrant at Overcomer Ministry.

The charges from that arrest included three counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct, one count of assault with the intent to commit criminal sexual conduct first degree, one count of kidnapping, one count of first-degree burglary, one count of second-degree assault and one count of third-degree criminal sexual conduct with a minor.[…]
https://swling.com/blog/2021/04/brother ... ssed-away/

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 15502

Re: Brother Stair Passes

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:40 pm

Good riddance!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:47 pm

Heathcliff wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:40 pm
Good riddance!
I'm sure his prerecorded programs will play on for years''

Some refer to him as Brother Scare.

Deleted User 15502

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:54 pm

Yeah his show was on 1530am WCKY, it was creepy as hell IMO. I believe he was/is also on 94.1fm from down around Findlay Ohio. The overcomer. I've heard some crazy story's about him.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:55 pm

I remember when I was a younger teenager in the 90's who had just stumbled across a shortwave radio, I came across The Overcomer Ministry late at night. At first, I thought this was a robot voice. I also remember listening late at night, and the house was dead silent except for my radio, after Brother Stair would preach about the end of the world, he would pause, then say "Maranatha" followed by bugles playing a minor chord repeatedly, followed by some chorus singing. Something about that creeped younger me the F out.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:37 pm

When I'm out riding my bike in Florida I go by an Overcomer Church. Don't know if there's any connection. It isn't a very prosperous looking church

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:38 pm

Never heard of this bastard before... guess that's a good thing. I hope he's in Hell where he belongs.

take this job and shove it

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:29 am

He's still all over the shortwave bands. Mostly on brokered-time stations like WRMI and WWCR. His stuff will probably air for years to come, just like the late Dr. Gene Scott (now that dude was hours of entertainment).

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Deleted User 15502

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:13 pm

Deleted User 15502

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:21 pm

Brother Stair and the late Angry Grandpa kinda look alike.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:46 pm

I heard his show once on 1530 from Cincy and it was spooky as hell. Didn't know he was into sex trafficing like the 3 'ministers' in Toledo and two of their wives arrested for the same? Sad sham. Probably still on the air until the money pot runs dry and the lawyers get their hands on it?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic