Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WGN - Dish Network Dispute

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
Deleted User 4520

WGN - Dish Network Dispute

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:03 pm

Here we go again...was watching WGN and a crawl says Dish Network will stop carrying WGN on December 1st in another apparent dispute. This is getting old.

radioandtventhusiast

Re: WGN - Dish Network Dispute

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:37 pm

The main Chicago station or the national Feed?

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:12 pm

I was watching on cable so I guess national feed. I'm not sure about the main station though.
radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:37 pm
The main Chicago station or the national Feed?

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:00 pm

I'm guessing WGN America must be involved in the dispute as well.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:12 pm

Seems CBS is involved too. They have a crawl going across the screen as well.

Deleted User 3751

Post by Deleted User 3751 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:26 am

These networks and local stations are very greedy when it comes letting systems carry them. It's beyond ridiculous, as an example, Fox Sports Detroit is no longer available on Dish now for about a year and a half. Sinclair wants a crazy amount of money and Dish said no way, so the channel was dropped completely. The cord is being cut more and more because of all the content pricing that continues to be passed down to the consumer.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:41 am

It's a Nexstar dispute with Dish.

WOOD-TV, WOTV and WXSP in Grand Rapids are all running crawls near the top and bottom of every hour.

Speaking of FS Detroit, the network has disappeared from multiple streaming providers over the past 90 days.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:00 pm

Big Signal wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:26 am
These networks and local stations are very greedy when it comes letting systems carry them. It's beyond ridiculous, as an example, Fox Sports Detroit is no longer available on Dish now for about a year and a half. Sinclair wants a crazy amount of money and Dish said no way, so the channel was dropped completely. The cord is being cut more and more because of all the content pricing that continues to be passed down to the consumer.
Lawmakers on both sides are trying to put an end to disputes and blackouts, but broadcasters lobby all the time to keep the system. The FCC won't do anything either. Something needs to be done so people never have their channels blacked out because of greed.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:11 pm

If a channel(s) are dropped from pay tv services because of disputes/blackouts the consumer isn't getting what (s)he paid for. That's a problem.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:24 pm

TheForce wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:11 pm
If a channel(s) are dropped from pay tv services because of disputes/blackouts the consumer isn't getting what (s)he paid for. That's a problem.
That's the problem right there. Some customers pick certain packages to get a certain channel they want, and if they get dropped in a dispute, they're out of luck.

Deleted User 3751

Post by Deleted User 3751 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:36 pm

That's the problem right there. Some customers pick certain packages to get a certain channel they want, and if they get dropped in a dispute, they're out of luck.
That is why I've called and negotiated a new deal with Dish. We shouldn't have to do that, prices should be decreased accordingly to the percentage paid on the channels dropped. In my opinion, cable and Sat TV are one of the biggest scams going.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:39 pm

Big Signal wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:36 pm
That is why I've called and negotiated a new deal with Dish. We shouldn't have to do that, prices should be decreased accordingly to the percentage paid on the channels dropped. In my opinion, cable and Sat TV are one of the biggest scams going.
I've had Dish for about 15 years now, and have enjoyed the service for the most part. Pay-TV is one of the most unregulated industries there are.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:33 pm

Nexstar stations were dropped at 6:45 this evening.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:04 pm

They will end up compromising, unhappy customers go elsewhere.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic