Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Channels that need programming changes or should be shut down

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
radioandtventhusiast

Channels that need programming changes or should be shut down

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue May 12, 2020 5:03 pm

In these times of cord-cutting, what channels do you believe are the biggest waste of programming and should be changed or shut down?

My pick is MTV Classic. I actually used to watch it before I changed my satellite package. The channel's been on autopilot for the past few years and is among the lowest-rated cable channels, plus most of the music videos can be found on the internet. It's a big waste for sure and I don't know why it's still hanging on.

There are other channels too, but that's one of the biggest examples.

sfpcc

Re: Channels that need programming changes or should be shut down

Post by sfpcc » Tue May 12, 2020 10:55 pm

I kind of like MTV Classic. There are times I can watch it and pretend I'm back in high school with out all the high school crap. It was better when it was VHI Classic. Anthrax and Husker Du videos a 5:30 AM were pretty cool.

I'm not so sure about those random channels that seem to show nothing but infomercials, (I guess Comcast 901 could be an example. I haven't seen them in a long time though.)

WADL circa 2000/2007 was almost unwatchable, although I guess it made money.

rugratsonline

Re: Channels that need programming changes or should be shut down

Post by rugratsonline » Tue May 12, 2020 10:57 pm

A&E's "Crime & Investigation" channel, which is practically just reruns of crime-related shows from other A&E networks, with promos and direct-response ads during the break. The channel has alot of potential, but one wonders if it was more designed to be a "loss leader" (as in, cable systems get it for free if they get the other A&E channels). I wonder what C&I's figures are?

Another A&E channel, FYI, looked quite dog-eared, as it currenly features mainly reruns of home improvement and reality programming.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic