Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

This Is Us tonight lasts 8 minutes longer than usual

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
F-Squared

This Is Us tonight lasts 8 minutes longer than usual

Post by F-Squared » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:43 pm

Perhaps a pre or after-show? That or NBC is cashing in on the premiere and adding more commercials.

Edit: Aaand they cashed in and added more commercials. Figures.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited by F-Squared on Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WOHO

Re: This Is Us tonight lasts 8 minutes longer than usual

Post by WOHO » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:35 am

and that was the most damn confusing 68 minutes where they tried to tie a dozen new characters to the existing show and nothing made sense for an hour except how Kate's Dad was an asshat to Jack. It's like they forced you to watch and try and figure out who was who. I figured the blind singer was one of the triplets kids, but it would have been flash forward in time, and all the rest was confusing as it seemed to be present-day.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:40 am

They probably wanted to get the first 10pm quarter hour meter hit and get a carry over audiance into the next show. I'll bet both shows have similar demos.

And if there were more commercials they know they could pull it off because it was the season premiere of that show.

F-Squared

Post by F-Squared » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:22 am

WOHO wrote:and that was the most damn confusing 68 minutes where they tried to tie a dozen new characters to the existing show and nothing made sense for an hour except how Kate's Dad was an asshat to Jack. It's like they forced you to watch and try and figure out who was who. I figured the blind singer was one of the triplets kids, but it would have been flash forward in time, and all the rest was confusing as it seemed to be present-day.
Yeah. The one problem I'm beginning to have with this show is that it's branching out too much and giving us storylines of minor characters. They're being too detailed and we're starting to lose track of who's who, who's got beef against who, who's got kids and which one is that one guy who lives in a camper, who's that random guy who they didn't even reveal his significance to the big three yet, it's beginning to get really confusing.

Honestly, I don't think I can see this show lasting another few seasons before it essentially falls into soap opera category.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic